Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

This all started because of that Dan Evans bollocks, I've not been asked about anything else Tennis related on here, apart from Dan Evans.

Now Manwell, you tell me what has happened since his run at the US Open? Not much, he didn't even qualify for the Australian or French Open, while he bowed out in the first round this week, while also he has slipped back down the rankings.

What I don't get is, it's like you guys are forcing me to rate the guy, I don't have to like him if I don't want to. There are far more players who interest me, like Dimitrov, Raonic, Thiem, Sock & Kyrgios etc... the players who are meant to be next in line.

Now if I didn't know anything about Tennis, then I wouldn't have a clue who the likes of Luke Saville & Thanasi Kokkinakis are, but I do and I don't use wikipedia to find all that stuff.

I've been a big fan of Tennis since the likes of Agassi, Henman, Sampras, Rafter etc... and I would go as far as to say I prefer the sport over Football sometimes. 

Great, so answer the sodding question.

Is this the Tennis thread or a thread dedicated to KingFox and Andy Kings Crown Jewels arguing with each other...

I thought that if I asked him a question that I would get a good answer. Shame.

So does anyone over the age of 11 know what is happening with the games that were abandoned last night?

This all started because of that Dan Evans bollocks, I've not been asked about anything else Tennis related on here, apart from Dan Evans.

Now Manwell, you tell me what has happened since his run at the US Open? Not much, he didn't even qualify for the Australian or French Open, while he bowed out in the first round this week, while also he has slipped back down the rankings.

What I don't get is, it's like you guys are forcing me to rate the guy, I don't have to like him if I don't want to. There are far more players who interest me, like Dimitrov, Raonic, Thiem, Sock & Kyrgios etc... the players who are meant to be next in line.

Now if I didn't know anything about Tennis, then I wouldn't have a clue who the likes of Luke Saville & Thanasi Kokkinakis are, but I do and I don't use wikipedia to find all that stuff.

I've been a big fan of Tennis since the likes of Agassi, Henman, Sampras, Rafter etc... and I would go as far as to say I prefer the sport over Football sometimes. 

Not at all, your idiocy when it comes to tennis was proved more by your declarations that you fancied a player now ranked outside of the top 20 in the world to be pulling up trees around about now than anything to do with Dan Evans.  As it's been pointed out it's more your inability to act like a normal human being and a answer a simple question that's the problem in this instance. Although Dan Evans will be a top 100 player comfortably one day and that's all that was said on here, and he's sported because he is British. 

lol wow what a long time you've been following the game lol

To answer your question games resume exactly where they left off. 

• Like 1

I thought that if I asked him a question that I would get a good answer. Shame.

So does anyone over the age of 11 know what is happening with the games that were abandoned last night?

I thought your question was immature, because surely you know it.

Not at all, your idiocy when it comes to tennis was proved more by your declarations that you fancied a player now ranked outside of the top 20 in the world to be pulling up trees around about now than anything to do with Dan Evans.  As it's been pointed out it's more your inability to act like a normal human being and a answer a simple question that's the problem in this instance. Although Dan Evans will be a top 100 player comfortably one day and that's all that was said on here, and he's sported because he is British. 

lol wow what a long time you've been following the game lol

To answer your question games resume exactly where they left off. 

Janowicz has the talent, but his mental side of things isn't up to scratch. There has been times where he has been close to beating the likes of Nadal, Didn't expect Janowicz to pull up any trees especially in the clay court season, when he had a torrid time. This Wimbledon is massive for him in terms of ranking etc... so because of that it might bring the best out of him like last year, but of course Hewitt is tough.

Don't know why you are laughing for, probably the 2000 era, when I was about 8, what's wrong with that age?

"Player x has the talent, but his mental side of things isn't up to scratch"

Could be said of a number of players in the top 100.....

Plenty of extremely average players have actually beaten Nadal...

Edited by martyn

I was just talking specifically about Janowicz. Extremely average players have also beaten Djokovic, Federer & Murray.

But from watching Jerzy, he has a knack of overplaying on drop shots & hitting double faults. While if leading in a set, he sends to chuck his service game easily, which then results him to losing the set. 

What a strange way to think. Does that get you far in life?

Well surely you knew the correct answer from the start.

I know, I was referring to the point about Janowicz being "close to beating Nadal" as a justification for his "talent"...

He has neither a) been close (lost in straight sets both times) and b) it means nothing to almost beat anyone anyway...Darcis, Rosol, Zeballos and plenty more average players have actually beaten Nadal....

Edited by martyn

I thought your question was immature, because surely you know it.

Janowicz has the talent, but his mental side of things isn't up to scratch. There has been times where he has been close to beating the likes of Nadal, Didn't expect Janowicz to pull up any trees especially in the clay court season, when he had a torrid time. This Wimbledon is massive for him in terms of ranking etc... so because of that it might bring the best out of him like last year, but of course Hewitt is tough.

Don't know why you are laughing for, probably the 2000 era, when I was about 8, what's wrong with that age?

Think that says it all to be honest. Dress it up anyway you want you were still very wrong.

lol yes, Sampras and Rafter defo had their best years in the early 00's 

Get out Gavin. 

I was just talking specifically about Janowicz. Extremely average players have also beaten Djokovic, Federer & Murray.

But from watching Jerzy, he has a knack of overplaying on drop shots & hitting double faults. While if leading in a set, he sends to chuck his service game easily, which then results him to losing the set. 

Well surely you knew the correct answer from the start.

You seem to be really struggling with this part don't you. 

• Like 1

I know, I was referring to the point about Janowicz being "close to beating Nadal" as a justification for his "talent"...

He has neither a) been close (lost in straight sets both times) and b) it means nothing to almost beat anyone anyway...Darcis, Rosol, Zeballos and plenty more average players have actually beaten Nadal....

If you watched those matches against Nadal, you would know how close it actually was, think it was in Paris, Janowicz had leads in both sets, he was serving for the first set at 5-4, messed up and ended up losing the set, then was leading I think 2-0 or 3-0, then Rafa came back at him and ended up winning in straights. 

Think that says it all to be honest. Dress it up anyway you want you were still very wrong.

lol yes, Sampras and Rafter defo had their best years in the early 00's 

Get out Gavin. 

That's when I started taking notice, when Rafter reached the Wimbledon final, he was probably my favourite player from that time. If you don't believe me, feel free to knock on my door, and my parents will tell you the exact same thing.

Why on Earth would I ask a question if I knew the answer?

Think on.

For pure piss take, because that's what people do, whenever I am involved in a conversation. 

If you honestly didn't know, then I apologise. 

If you lose a match in straights, you are never close to winning the match. That much is obvious...

It may have been a closely contested match but again, so what? That wasn't your original point...

Edited by martyn

If you lose a match in straights, you are never close to winning the match. That much is obvious...

It may have been a closely contested match but again, so what? That wasn't your original point...

Yes it was closely contested, but what I was trying to say was, it could of easily been Jerzy who won that match in straights.

They use the word close for many things in Tennis, like Nadal v Rosol's match yesterday, media said it was close, he was pushed hard.

TBH he wasn't, 4 set win was a good result, wasn't like he was pushed to a 5 set thriller. 

If you watched those matches against Nadal, you would know how close it actually was, think it was in Paris, Janowicz had leads in both sets, he was serving for the first set at 5-4, messed up and ended up losing the set, then was leading I think 2-0 or 3-0, then Rafa came back at him and ended up winning in straights. 

That's when I started taking notice, when Rafter reached the Wimbledon final, he was probably my favourite player from that time. If you don't believe me, feel free to knock on my door, and my parents will tell you the exact same thing.

For pure piss take, because that's what people do, whenever I am involved in a conversation. 

If you honestly didn't know, then I apologise. 

I don't doubt it why do you think just because you followed Pat Rafter towards the end of his career in 2000 means you actually know something, I've sat and watched Sampras from his first Grand Slam win to retirement which was before you were even born, I wouldn't sit in front of someone who's ten years older who's seen Berg, Connors, McEnroe and say, yeah mate, seen Sampras and Kraijceck me, obviously I'm an expert lol.

Your laughable.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

I don't doubt it why do you think just because you followed Pat Rafter towards the end of his career in 2000 means you actually know something, I've sat and watched Sampras from his first Grand Slam win to retirement which was before you were even born, I wouldn't sit in front of someone who's ten years older who's seen Berg, Connors, McEnroe and say, yeah mate, seen Sampras and Kraijceck me, obviously I'm an expert lol.

Your laughable.

I've watched Tennis on a consistent basis since 2000. Yes you were born before me, yes you know and would of watched the likes of McEnroe, Cash, Connors etc...

I know Tennis very well, but all you've banged on about as well as Facecloth is about Dan Evans, nothing else Tennis related so you are just going on that one thing, you have asked me nothing opinions wise on anything else. 

I can watch and like who I want, if I want to like Jerzy, I will like Jerzy, if you don't think he is particular great then that's your choice, like I don't think Evans is particularly great. 

Finally who the hell is Berg?  :whistle:  ;)

I've watched Tennis on a consistent basis since 2000. Yes you were born before me, yes you know and would of watched the likes of McEnroe, Cash, Connors etc...

I know Tennis very well, but all you've banged on about as well as Facecloth is about Dan Evans, nothing else Tennis related so you are just going on that one thing, you have asked me nothing opinions wise on anything else. 

I can watch and like who I want, if I want to like Jerzy, I will like Jerzy, if you don't think he is particular great then that's your choice, like I don't think Evans is particularly great. 

Finally who the hell is Berg?  :whistle:  ;)

Incorrect

Incorrect.

No one is saying you can't watch who you want, However you've clearly over estimated his ability and don't have the minerals to own up to it. Evan's isn't particularly that great in general he has a lot to work on, your opinions of him though are rather silly given he's a player you hardly ever watch.

Borg, obviously. lol

EDIT: In any case I was more referring to the fact that you were too much of a bell end to answer a simple question in my original post more than anything to do with your knowledge of the game, so there is no need to bore the rest of these people with old arguments.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1