Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Incorrect

Incorrect.

No one is saying you can't watch who you want, However you've clearly over estimated his ability and don't have the minerals to own up to it. Evan's isn't particularly that great in general he has a lot to work on, your opinions of him though are rather silly given he's a player you hardly ever watch.

Borg, obviously. lol

EDIT: In any case I was more referring to the fact that you were too much of a bell end to answer a simple question in my original post more than anything to do with your knowledge of the game, so there is no need to bore the rest of these people with old arguments.

Why mention those players then? Pointless that was.

What ability, you say why don't you answer my question, stop being a bellend or ignorant. Yet you didn't answer my question earlier? What has Dan Evans done since the US Open? Well he has lost against players ranked below him, failed to qualify for two grand slams & has slipped back down the rankings, and you guys call that progress. Yes I have hardly ever watched him, because he is hardly ever on tv, and when he is, I particularly don't want to watch his matches, probably because there is someone else on who I prefer to watch. 

But results & rankings tell you everything, like I've said before he could well get into the top 100 one day, but all I'm bothered about is now, and now he particularly isn't doing anything.

Why don't you ask me something more relevant like who do you think will win Wimbledon, what do you think about this match up, then you might get a more sensible answer out of me.

Murray usually cuts up players like Anderson... I see a comfortable victory...

Murray is one of the best returners so more than likely.

But I can see that match having a Janowicz feel about it like last year, maybe Anderson might take Murray to a tie-break, in one of the sets, but should pull through. 

Edited by kingfox

Why mention those players then? Pointless that was.

What ability, you say why don't you answer my question, stop being a bellend or ignorant. Yet you didn't answer my question earlier? What has Dan Evans done since the US Open? Well he has lost against players ranked below him, failed to qualify for two grand slams & has slipped back down the rankings, and you guys call that progress. Yes I have hardly ever watched him, because he is hardly ever on tv, and when he is, I particularly don't want to watch his matches, probably because there is someone else on who I prefer to watch. 

But results & rankings tell you everything, like I've said before he could well get into the top 100 one day, but all I'm bothered about is now, and now he particularly isn't doing anything.

Why don't you ask me something more relevant like who do you think will win Wimbledon, what do you think about this match up, then you might get a more sensible answer out of me.

Read the post again, you imbecile. 

He was at career high not so long ago, so that is progress, he's slightly lower than his career high after a couple of bad months, if you want to talk about players that suffer with the mental side of the game there is one player that struggles with it more than anyone, if you watch him (which you have admitted on numerous occasions you don't) the lad makes some great shots, is still relatively young and has only been taking the game seriously for the last 18 months to 2 yeas which have seen a dramatic improvement. By all means don't watch him, but don't sit there slating or more importantly act like you have an opinion on his game if you don't watch him.

Do they? Then why are you bleating on about Jerzy losing in straight sets against Nadal as a good result then?

I don't care who you think will win Wimbledon to be honest as I struggle to take you seriously. They day you start talking some sense even if I disagree with it, and learn some decorum (like mac who I disagree with regularly in a civilised way) and stop trying to look clever that might happen.

• Like 1

Read the post again, you imbecile. 

He was at career high not so long ago, so that is progress, he's slightly lower than his career high after a couple of bad months, if you want to talk about players that suffer with the mental side of the game there is one player that struggles with it more than anyone, if you watch him (which you have admitted on numerous occasions you don't) the lad makes some great shots, is still relatively young and has only been taking the game seriously for the last 18 months to 2 yeas which have seen a dramatic improvement. By all means don't watch him, but don't sit there slating or more importantly act like you have an opinion on his game if you don't watch him.

Do they? Then why are you bleating on about Jerzy losing in straight sets against Nadal as a good result then?

I don't care who you think will win Wimbledon to be honest as I struggle to take you seriously. They day you start talking some sense even if I disagree with it, and learn some decorum (like mac who I disagree with regularly in a civilised way) and stop trying to look clever that might happen.

Same can be said about many other players. Mentally he isn't all there, getting schooled in the first set, then getting broke at the worst possible time in his match against Kuznetsov is evidence of that. Every player can make great shots, and in the last 18 months he has made progress here and there, but the US Open did a lot for him, an awful lot, an awful lot in terms of ranking in particular. Like I said what has he done since then, hardly nothing, he has had some very poor losses since then.

Because Jerzy pushed Rafa hard, and could of easily won it in straights himself. Therefore he did well against him. 

Now who's acting like an idiot? I struggle to take you seriously, why answer to my posts then? 

I have my opinions, you have your opinions and they will never change. 

But please reply to this one again, so Facecloth can arse lick your next post  :thumbup:

Best way to deal with KingFox is stick him on ignore. I'm reluctant to put anybody on ignore because I feel no matter how stupid somebody is, or how much their opinion differs from yours, they offer something to the FoxesTalk experience. But KingFox offers nothing. He's rude, he's ignorant and clearly retarded. He doesn't read your response, yet replies with a counter argument. He doesn't have clue on anything whatsoever. He does this stupid thing where he pretends to be clued up on something, but when challenged on the subject offers no further insight.

So join me people and put KingFox on ignore, it's improved my FT experience tenfold.

And then maybe us clued up people can enjoy a good discussion about tennis.

Edited by Facecloth

Best way to deal with KingFox is stick him on ignore. I'm reluctant to put anybody on ignore because I feel no matter how stupid somebody is, or how much their opinion differs from yours, they offer something to the FoxesTalk experience. But KingFox offers nothing. He's rude, he's ignorant and clearly retarded. He doesn't read your response, yet replies with a counter argument. He doesn't have clue on anything whatsoever. He does this stupid thing where he pretends to be clued up on something, but when challenged on the subject offers no further insight.

So join me people and put KingFox on ignore, it's improved my FT experience tenfold.

And then maybe us clued up people can enjoy a good discussion about tennis.

:appl:  :appl:

Done the same with you a long time back.

Clued up people  lol

You don't have a bloody clue either my friend, why not talk about the likes of Dimitrov & Raonic instead of banging on about Dan Evans's "progress".

You call me stupid, yet you can't even read the bloody ranking system correctly, ooo Dan Evans climbed 30 places after the US Open, but he didn't you was wrong, and you didn't like it.

Then you go all funny and slag me off. 

Utter dick. 

How did you see his post then?

Click view it anyway.

Like he has done sometimes with me before, because he has replied to me, when he supposedly blocked me.

Can't help himself, he get's so riled over the smallest of things, then sends me verbals because of it. 

That above post is typical of him, slag me off, because I don't agree on things he says. 

Clued up people sums it up Marko, he thinks he is right about everything, that comes across as cockiness.

Same can be said about many other players. Mentally he isn't all there, getting schooled in the first set, then getting broke at the worst possible time in his match against Kuznetsov is evidence of that. Every player can make great shots, and in the last 18 months he has made progress here and there, but the US Open did a lot for him, an awful lot, an awful lot in terms of ranking in particular. Like I said what has he done since then, hardly nothing, he has had some very poor losses since then.

Because Jerzy pushed Rafa hard, and could of easily won it in straights himself. Therefore he did well against him. 

Now who's acting like an idiot? I struggle to take you seriously, why answer to my posts then? 

I have my opinions, you have your opinions and they will never change. 

But please reply to this one again, so Facecloth can arse lick your next post  :thumbup:

Can't expect things to come over night for certain players and I'm fairly sure the best is yet to come for Dan Evans, he's had some good results to go along with the bad ones you've mentioned, and to be honest I can't be bothered to go in the amounts of times you've contradicted yourself about the mental side of the game. Generally your just agreeing with me in a glass is half empty can way though, at the end of the day we all get behind him because we see a young English lad who can play some good tennis who is all we have left after Murray is gone.

Don't be talking about how well he played, a minute ago rankings and results tell you all you need to know, so all you need to know is Jerzy lost in straight sets and is ranked outside the worlds top 20. You can't have it both ways.

Fairly confident most people will see who the idiot is in this conversation myself. Can you say the same?

Edited by Manwell Pablo

:appl:  :appl:

Done the same with you a long time back.

Clued up people  lol

You don't have a bloody clue either my friend, why not talk about the likes of Dimitrov & Raonic instead of banging on about Dan Evans's "progress".

You call me stupid, yet you can't even read the bloody ranking system correctly, ooo Dan Evans climbed 30 places after the US Open, but he didn't you was wrong, and you didn't like it.

Then you go all funny and slag me off. 

Utter dick. 

And this is you all over.

"I'll tell you what lads I'm great a spotting talent me, got a couple of gems for you, Milos Ranic and Grigor Dimirov, keep an eye on them, great things to come"

Thanks mate, the fact that both are ranked inside the worlds top 15 didn't dawn on us until you pointed that out. So glad your here.

And this is you all over.

"I'll tell you what lads I'm great a spotting talent me, got a couple of gems for you, Milos Ranic and Grigor Dimirov, keep an eye on them, great things to come"

Thanks mate, the fact that both are ranked inside the worlds top 15 didn't dawn on us until you pointed that out. So glad your here.

Well I also mentioned Kyrgios, Saville & Kokinnakis yesterday yet you are not keen to point them out. I mentioned Dominic Thiem a while back, you are not keen to point him out either. What about some of the French guys, like Paire & Herbert, you want to talk about their possible progress, or aren't you bothered about these players either?

But I don't see how this is me all over, why not discuss those two players? They are both doing extremely well for themselves, and are in the hunt for the Wimbledon title, apart from the big four you could class them two as being next in line, why not talk about their credentials? Instead of sitting here, throwing our toys out the pram over Dan Evans or Jerzy Janowicz? Why not?

Can't expect things to come over night for certain players and I'm fairly sure the best is yet to come for Dan Evans, he's had some good results to go along with the bad ones you've mentioned, and to be honest I can't be bothered to go in the amounts of times you've contradicted yourself about the mental side of the game. Generally your just agreeing with me in a glass is half empty can way though, at the end of the day we all get behind him because we see a young English lad who can play some good tennis who is all we have left after Murray is gone.

Don't be talking about how well he played, a minute ago rankings and results tell you all you need to know, so all you need to know is Jerzy lost in straight sets and is ranked outside the worlds top 20. You can't have it both ways.

Fairly confident most people will see who the idiot is in this conversation myself. Can you say the same?

That's the problem mate, and it's the same with Football, I've never been keen on supporting home grown players. The England football team is average, and so is the LTA system and it's players regarding Tennis. We have seen many players come and go, and we will see many other players come and go in the next couple of years, who probably don't do much like your James Ward's, Dan Evans & Daniel Cox's of this World. If you mention British Tennis to most people, and what it's all about they will say it's all about Andy Murray, Laura Robson & Heather Watson, and if Dan Evans doesn't start making strides, we will be talking about the same three for the next five years, and at this moment in time if you disagree or not, I can see it being that way I'm afraid. 

That a sensible reply to you?

Well I also mentioned Kyrgios, Saville & Kokinnakis yesterday yet you are not keen to point them out. I mentioned Dominic Thiem a while back, you are not keen to point him out either. What about some of the French guys, like Paire & Herbert, you want to talk about their possible progress, or aren't you bothered about these players either?

But I don't see how this is me all over, why not discuss those two players? They are both doing extremely well for themselves, and are in the hunt for the Wimbledon title, apart from the big four you could class them two as being next in line, why not talk about their credentials? Instead of sitting here, throwing our toys out the pram over Dan Evans or Jerzy Janowicz? Why not?

That's the problem mate, and it's the same with Football, I've never been keen on supporting home grown players. The England football team is average, and so is the LTA system and it's players regarding Tennis. We have seen many players come and go, and we will see many other players come and go in the next couple of years, who probably don't do much like your James Ward's, Dan Evans & Daniel Cox's of this World. If you mention British Tennis to most people, and what it's all about they will say it's all about Andy Murray, Laura Robson & Heather Watson, and if Dan Evans doesn't start making strides, we will be talking about the same three for the next five years, and at this moment in time if you disagree or not, I can see it being that way I'm afraid. 

That a sensible reply to you?

No not really it's a pretty terrible reply, Paire is much more experienced than Evan's, halfway through his career and ranked about Jersery's level, why on earth would we discuss him, Herbert is the same age as Dan Evans and I'm pretty sure he holds a similar ranking and has managed to equal his best grand slam showing by getting knocked out in the first round at Wimbledon if we're talking about the same player.

lol RE those players you've managed to talent spot that the rest of world have somehow missed during their rise to the top 15, they wont get close. Seen off by the big guns before the semis with ease.

As for your clear goggle search on players coming Australia shows, and probably off the back off Gasquets defeat, never herd of them, apart from Kyrgios for obvious reasons, Dan Evans has had better results than him though and I'll be suprised if the other two are even with 60 places of him in the world rankings so struggling to see your point here.

You act like your clever and you know a good player when you see them, your seem to be missing out the main part here, Ranoic and Dimirov, already good players, the players you've mentioned, unless I've missed something, aren't in the top 100. You seem to be missing the part where you spot a good player early doors and they actually become good. Not surprising, as you're full of fuking hot air, please keep going though as this is fun.

Dan Evans has the potential to be better though, that's the thing, Ward and Cox don't, Evan's actually has shot making ability as people have tried to ram into your thick skull for quite some time, he just makes silly errors, if they can be ironed out, you've got a player than can get top 100 or possible even threaten the seeding in 5 years time, he's still extremely immature for his age..

Edited by Manwell Pablo

No not really it's a pretty terrible reply, Paire is much more experienced than Evan's, halfway through his career and ranked about Jersery's level, why on earth would we discuss him, Herbert is the same age as Dan Evans and I'm pretty sure he holds a similar ranking and has managed to equal his best grand slam showing by getting knocked out in the first round at Wimbledon if we're talking about the same player.

As for your clear goggle search on players coming Australia shows, and probably off the back off Gasquets defeat, never herd of them, apart from Kyrgios for obvious reasons, Dan Evans has had better results than him though and I'll be suprised if the other two are even with 60 places of him in the world rankings so struggling to see your point here.

You act like your clever and you know a good player when you see them, your seem to be missing out the main part here, Ranoic and Dimirov, already good players, the players you've mentioned, unless I've missed something, aren't in the top 100. You seem to be missing the part where you spot a good player early doors and they actually become good. Not surprising, as you're full of fuking hot air, please keep going though as this is fun.

Dan Evans has the potential to be better though, that's the thing, Ward and Cox don't, Evan's actually has shot making ability as people have tried to ram into your thick skull for quite some time, he just makes silly errors, if they can be ironed out, you've got a player than can get top 100 or possible even threaten the seeding in 5 years time, he's still extremely immature for his age..

But why are you basing and comparing everything to Dan Evans. I'm not, I don't want to, if you want to pass all this Evans bollocks, stop bringing him up and comparing him to other players I've mentioned. I first saw Herbert back in the Paris Masters last year and I liked his game, that's all I want to say on him.

I know Raonic & Dimitrov are already good players, you don't have to tell me that. So why not talk about them Manwell? This thread is very Djokovic, Nadal, Murray & Federer based, like other players don't matter. Raonic & Dimitrov are more than likely next in line to Challenge for Grand Slams, they do exist, Tennis isn't all about the big four/five if you now want to include Wawrinka. 

I've heard of Kyrgios & Saville for a while, because they were both very decent junior players, Kokinnakis not so much until he burst on the scene at the Australia this year. 

But what about 8-10 years ago, right now with Evans the British Media & LTA were saying the same thing about that Bogdanovic guy, they were talking him up for a bit, but in the end failed to do nothing, and yes Evans has done better than the likes of Bogdanovic by going fairly deep in a Grand Slam, but now we need to see other things from him, slipping back down the rankings & suffering poor losses of course are not going to help his cause. Yes he has the shot making, but like you say yourself, he is immature and for me mentally he isn't all there, he works himself up too much for my liking, like he is beating himself inside because of these silly errors all the time, keep calm, forget about them, and take it point by point, you can't rue all these errors, or you won't get anywhere. A bit like in the Women's game, right now these youngsters are getting in good positions in matches, but are failing to close the matches out against the bigger players, purely because of pressure, there's a few like Eugenie Bouchard who seem mentally prepared to take the big players on, but the WTA have an arrange of talented players, they now need to start coming to the fore especially in Grand Slams, I'd love a Bencic or a Bouchard to come through and win a Grand Slam like Maria Sharapova did at 17. The WTA as well as the ATP need something like that, we have waited too long for that to happen again. 

Guys, you do both realise that you're going round and round, don't you?

Well if he stops comparing players to Dan Evans, then we might get somewhere. 

Anyway this rain doesn't look like shifting anytime soon. 

Was hoping to see Bouchard v Petkovic, but now if it does stop, everything will clash. 

But what about 8-10 years ago, right now with Evans the British Media & LTA were saying the same thing about that Bogdanovic guy, they were talking him up for a bit, but in the end failed to do nothing.  

You do realise the LTA were far from big fans of Bogdanovic, don't you? On a number of occasions they criticised his commitment and dedication to the game and eventually withdrew his funding.

The media were also fairly critical of his application.

You do realise the LTA were far from big fans of Bogdanovic, don't you? On a number of occasions they criticised his commitment and dedication to the game and eventually withdrew his funding.

Indeed, he did have talent but felt other things were more important....

Dan Evans is showing commitment and I feel he will reach that top 100 ranking...

Kingfox who is your favourite player? and out of the young crop coming through who do you think will be the next major winner?

It was Andy Roddick before he retired, the 09 Wimbledon final was probably one of my favourite moments in Tennis. Now definitely Rafa, have always loved Rafa.

Well like I've been trying to say you can't look past Dimitrov & Raonic at the minute, the progress they have made in recent season's is a definite indication that they will probably be next in line.

After them, I really like Dominic Thiem, but Kyrgios & Saville are highly rated, and yes Gasquet has chucked matches away before after being 2 sets up, but for Kyrgios at that age to come back and beat him, shows his capabilities, so possibly him. 

However I've said this before on the Tennis forum I go on, the WTA in terms of talent and up and coming players is in a much stronger situation than the ATP, you could easily rack off 25-30 names in the Women's game who could be in the top 32 within the next 3-5 years. While in the Men's I'm struggling to name about 15. Plus if you compare the ages of the next generation, the likes of Dimitrov, Raonic, Janowicz, Thiem are already 20-23 years of age, but with the Women there is a handful of very good 16-20 year old's, that's why I prefer to watch Women's matches, the format is shorter of course being 3 sets, plus I really have been enjoying certain players progress over the past couple of season's.  

Yes but around the age Dan Evans is now, Bogdanovic was being pushed to do well, but obviously didn't fulfil his potential or as you say he wasn't committed.

But as you have all been saying, Dan Evans is improving, but from what I've seen of him, I can't seem to warm to his attitude unfortunately, he works himself up too many times, and I don't like seeing that in a player.

He may get into the top 100, and if so then great, but like with people disliking Murray because of his attitude & personality, I dislike Evans's attitude.