Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

But as you have all been saying, Dan Evans is improving, but from what I've seen of him, I can't seem to warm to his attitude unfortunately, he works himself up too many times, and I don't like seeing that in a player.

Yet you love Jerzy?

He had quite a lot of sand in his vagina at times against Hewitt yesterday.

Yet you love Jerzy?

He had quite a lot of sand in his vagina at times against Hewitt yesterday.

lol

I know I know, but I just find him interesting to watch, you know when he is playing either something spectacular or bad is going to happen. 

I prefer the likes of Rafa, Wawrinka & Gasquet over him, but Jerzy is an interesting character, he may act like a twat on court sometimes, but it only fires him up and helps him come through matches. 

Hewitt is an incredible Tennis player though, and even though he is coming to the end of his career, he is still a great fighter, he did very well to come back yesterday from 2 sets down, but Jerzy in all honesty was brilliant in that final set, and it showed what he really is capable of. 

Don't know what to make of this Kukushkin guy. Moments of brilliance and then really poor shots. Flakey to say the least. Giving it a good go here though

Well he's taken the first set.

He's going for his shots, really hitting it hard and going for the winners. That'll increase the errors, but in think people are realising that's the way to beating Rafa on grass.

Is Nadal playing poorly here or is Kukushkin just playing smart tennis? These down the line shots are great!

Nadal is blasting through his service games. Not sure he dropped a point on serve until the tie break. Kuskushkin has had to battle to hold his serve most games, but he's won the big points.

Nadal is blasting through his service games. Not sure he dropped a point on serve until the tie break. Kuskushkin has had to battle to hold his serve most games, but he's won the big points.

Think thats a good tactic for Kukushkin to.be honest. Isn't over exerting himself on Nadal's serve, just concentrating on his own and hoping to take a chance even if he has to wait for the tie break where he really turned it on

I've never actually bet on the tennis, can't imagine the odds are that great are they?

Never are, but you can win a bit if you do accumulators, I usually do three and go different ways... but if like Nadal was to lose I have him on all my cards so that ruins it lol...

Edited by foxes_rule1978

scroll down if you love tennis....

scroll up if you love tennis...

Similar to the first two rounds, the sense of doubt though if Rafa loses the first set nowadays is hilarious. Bullied & schooled Kukushikin in sets 2,3 & 4.

Still raining, so it'll have to be Sharapova v Riske, Sharapova getting back to her better standards, but her record at Wimbledon for the last couple of years is patchy, Riske is a very good Grass Court player, wouldn't surprise me if their is a shock result.

Edit: I forgot their was football back on  :/

Edited by kingfox

Guys, you do both realise that you're going round and round, don't you?

I'm stopping now it's pointless couldn't even be bothered to read the last paragraph of his last post.  Old argument. Doesn't take a genius to work out why the British number 2 gets talked about on a English website.

Betting on tennis can actually be quite profitable if you know the surfaces and the players likely to cause shocks against more established players - Stakhovsky over Gulbis earlier in this tournament, for instance. Also there are what I like to call the "1.01 chokers" - the players that are serving for the match (and are therefore usually at odds of 1.01 in-play on Betfair) and then throw it away and end up losing the match. Certain players do this often enough to be statistically significant (yes, Gasquet, I'm looking at you now) and therefore worth a flutter on the (long) odds of their opponent winning at that point in time.

Also, little factoid: since the French Open 2010, Murray has only lost in a Slam to someone who isn't a Slam winner once. Answers on a postcard.

Betting on tennis can actually be quite profitable if you know the surfaces and the players likely to cause shocks against more established players - Stakhovsky over Gulbis earlier in this tournament, for instance. Also there are what I like to call the "1.01 chokers" - the players that are serving for the match (and are therefore usually at odds of 1.01 in-play on Betfair) and then throw it away and end up losing the match. Certain players do this often enough to be statistically significant (yes, Gasquet, I'm looking at you now) and therefore worth a flutter on the (long) odds of their opponent winning at that point in time.

Also, little factoid: since the French Open 2010, Murray has only lost in a Slam to someone who isn't a Slam winner once. Answers on a postcard.

David Ferrer French 2012.

Bit misleading though because I think he's lost a couple of times at Slams against Wawrinka before Wawrinka was a slam winner.

David Ferrer French 2012.

Bit misleading though because I think he's lost a couple of times at Slams against Wawrinka before Wawrinka was a slam winner.

Yup, that was the idea. :P  Wawrinka beat him in the USO 2010 and 2013: he has been a consistent pain in Murrays rear end all his career, it's only recently he's become it to most of the other top players too. But the phrasing of my question is pretty exact. :ph34r:

It does however speak a few volumes about how tough Murray is to beat in Slams as opposed to the best-of-3 events. I can't remember the last time he was genuinely outplayed and beaten by someone who wasn't Fed, Nadal, Nole or Stan off-clay in a Slam. Against Cilic in the USO 2009 he had a wrist injury that put him out for the rest of the season, and against Verdasco in the Aus Open '09 he was so sick he had to stay in Aus for a week afterwards before flying out.

Probably Roddick at Wimby 2009 was the last time he was genuinely outclassed on a favoured surface against someone not a multiple Slam-winner or his bogey player.

Edited by leicsmac