Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Another failure to reach the last four in Toronto for Murray. He's in serious danger of not even making the ATP finals, which is annoying, given I got tickets for them for me birthday! (told you Mac)

The fact that Tsonga is in inspired form and destroyed Djokovic and Dimitrov too this week make no nevermind to you?

There's still 3 Masters tournaments in ideal conditions plus the U.S. Open to go and Murray is about 500 points off 6th in the Race to London, so not a big gap and plenty of time. One good tournament (or even a USO semi final run) will be all it takes.

He's going to come good at some point. There is no reason for him not to.

Edited by leicsmac

The fact that Tsonga is in inspired form and destroyed Djokovic and Dimitrov too this week make no nevermind to you?

There's still 3 Masters tournaments in ideal conditions plus the U.S. Open to go and Murray is about 500 points off 6th in the Race to London, so not a big gap and plenty of time. One good tournament (or even a USO semi final run) will be all it takes.

He's going to come good at some point. There is no reason for him not to.

Matters not Mac, this is one tournament in a whole season in which he's been as disappointing as I told you he would be. I actually think he's been worse than I thought he'd be one Semi final in the entirety of the Masters and Grand Slams put together is pretty abysmal had it not been for that run at Roland Garos he'd probably be out the top 10. 

I would like to think he'll make the top 8.

He might do, I'd said he'd have a bad year not that he was a bad tennis player. 

Matters not Mac, this is one tournament in a whole season in which he's been as disappointing as I told you he would be. I actually think he's been worse than I thought he'd be one Semi final in the entirety of the Masters and Grand Slams put together is pretty abysmal had it not been for that run at Roland Garos he'd probably be out the top 10. 

I would like to think he'll make the top 8.

He might do, I'd said he'd have a bad year not that he was a bad tennis player. 

He's been disappointing so far, but I'm not going to write the whole season off until the last Masters has been played (or London, if he qualifies). These last few tournaments are ones where he has traditionally been pretty strong (Paris aside, which is a total lottery amongst all the top players for some reason).

But yeah, if he doesn't at least make a final in the remaining 4 'big' tournaments and doesn't qualify for London then it will have been a very, very poor year for him - which is a shame considering how nicely it was set up. I wonder why?

• 3 weeks later...

Murray Tsonga tonight. I shall partake in some of that I think! Given I need him to pull his finger out to get to these finals in November!

Read today he's not beaten a top 10 player since he won Wimbledon!

And pull his finger out he did. Not a sensational performance, but the big thing was him fighting back over the course of sets 2 and 3 when before he would have let them go. Quality win against a dangerous opponent, and indeed the first top 10 victory since Wimbledon.

Of course now the difficulty level jumps to maximum - Djokovic on NYC hardcourts is about as difficult as it gets - but if he can show the same staying power he may at least make it interesting. 

My money is on a Djokovic - Berdych final though. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by leicsmac

And pull his finger out he did. Not a sensational performance, but the big thing was him fighting back over the course of sets 2 and 3 when before he would have let them go. Quality win against a dangerous opponent, and indeed the first top 10 victory since Wimbledon.

Of course now the difficulty level jumps to maximum - Djokovic on NYC hardcourts is about as difficult as it gets - but if he can show the same staying power he may at least make it interesting. 

My money is on a Djokovic - Berdych final though. Hope I'm wrong.

Novak will murder him, but it was a decent enough win, dunno what it does for his chances of playing at the 02?

Novak will murder him, but it was a decent enough win, dunno what it does for his chances of playing at the 02?

Really does depend on which Murray turns up and if he's really turned a corner with that win. We'll know soon enough.

Doesn't harm the chances of getting to London but doesn't really help them either - gives him 360 points so far from this tournament, and what with Raonic and Ferrer going out before him it'll get him closer to the 5-8 group, but to really make an impression he needs to go further, otherwise he still leaves himself a fair bit of work to do with only two big tournaments left.

And that's that then. Cracking game...if he plays like that he the final two Masters of the year Murray should have few problems qualifying and having a good go at the O2. Of course it's never that simple with him but...

Also here's hoping the draw won't be as brutal come Aus 2015.

Still on for a Djoko-Berdych final.

OOOOO look Nishikori makes Grand Slam final, but we only focus on Djokovic, Federer, Nadal & Murray in this thread.

Told you many of times to talk more about Dimitrov, Raonic & Nishikori, yet you guys just ignore & focus on the big four, because supposedly on the big stages nobody is good enough to beat them yet.

Well now your wrong, well played Nishikori  :appl:

Now there's a turn up for the books. Neither Djok or Fed in the final! Interesting.

Like I said above I think it's the first time since 2005 Aussie open the none of the top 4 have been in a slam final.

No doubt KF is whittering on about how none of us have talked about Nishikori etc before when I was the first to talk about him and Dimitrov here whilst he was wanking himself into oblivion over Janowicz. Glad I've got the idiot on ignore.

• Like 2

OOOOO look Nishikori makes Grand Slam final, but we only focus on Djokovic, Federer, Nadal & Murray in this thread.

Told you many of times to talk more about Dimitrov, Raonic & Nishikori, yet you guys just ignore & focus on the big four, because supposedly on the big stages nobody is good enough to beat them yet.

Well now your wrong, well played Nishikori  :appl:

Good to see Nishikori make his first Grand Slam Semi, two excellent five set wins in a row, can't see him beating Djokovic though.

Mystic Kingfox strikes again!

You seem to be contradicting yourself somewhat.

You wasn't first to talk about Dimitrov at all you utter idiot. I looked back through the pages, and the post you quoted where you mentioned Dimitrov was a page after the page where I mentioned him, so therefore yet again trying to get people onside when your wrong...again.

Mystic Kingfox strikes again!

You seem to be contradicting yourself somewhat.

Did I see Nishikori beating Djokovic...no, did I see Cilic beating Federer...no.

But how many of you expected it, probably none of you.

But hoping & believing someone would break their dominance is another story, and I've been hoping and talking about that for some time.

Yet still this thread remains very Djokovic, Federer, Nadal & Murray based which pisses me off no end. 

Yes Facecloth will start banging on about, well they've been round for ages which they have, but actually talking about them & their chances of breaking the big four's dominance has been very little...up until now of course  :D

You wasn't first to talk about Dimitrov at all you utter idiot. I looked back through the pages, and the post you quoted where you mentioned Dimitrov was a page after the page where I mentioned him, so therefore yet again trying to get people onside when your wrong...again.

Did I see Nishikori beating Djokovic...no, did I see Cilic beating Federer...no.

But how many of you expected it, probably none of you.

But hoping & believing someone would break their dominance is another story, and I've been hoping and talking about that for some time.

Yet still this thread remains very Djokovic, Federer, Nadal & Murray based which pisses me off no end. 

Yes Facecloth will start banging on about, well they've been round for ages which they have, but actually talking about them & their chances of breaking the big four's dominance has been very little...up until now of course  :D

It's one tournament

and despite you backing about 4 upcoming Australians, Dimitrov, Ranoic, and your Polish bum boy (a bloke who you claimed who'd probably make the top 10 who is now struggling to stay in the top 50), among other players, it's two players you've never mentioned before that have done it. And you say you've mentioned Nishikori as a potential grand slam winner, quote it, can't remember you saying anything of the sort.

Well done you.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

It's one tournament

and despite you backing about 4 upcoming Australians, Dimitrov, Ranoic, and your Polish bum boy (a bloke who you claimed who'd probably make the top 10 who is now struggling to stay in the top 50), among other players, it's two players you've never mentioned before that have done it. And you say you've mentioned Nishikori as a potential grand slam winner, quote it, can't remember you saying anything of the sort.

Well done you.

I'll admit I thought it would either be Dimitrov or Raonic to break the dominance, Nishikori maybe but never expected Cilic.

Did you expect Cilic to ever make a Grand Slam final?

There has been a lot of talk on here, saying nobody is good enough yet to break the Djokovic, Federer & Nadal dominance, but now it's happened and I'm glad it has. Yes it's one tournament but still, it's the first time since Aussie Open final in 05, that a final hasn't featured any of them three plus Murray. 

Regardless who it is, regardless if it isn't the players I expected it's time to stand up, take note & start acknowledging these players on a regular basis. 

I'll admit I thought it would either be Dimitrov or Raonic to break the dominance, Nishikori maybe but never expected Cilic.

Did you expect Cilic to ever make a Grand Slam final?

There has been a lot of talk on here, saying nobody is good enough yet to break the Djokovic, Federer & Nadal dominance, but now it's happened and I'm glad it has. Yes it's one tournament but still, it's the first time since Aussie Open final in 05, that a final hasn't featured any of them three plus Murray. 

Regardless who it is, regardless if it isn't the players I expected it's time to stand up, take note & start acknowledging these players on a regular basis. 

I'd take that, but you've never took note or started to acknowledge either of those players on any basis, never mind regularly, the players you pay attention to weren't even in the quarter finals, so your full of shit.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I'd take that, but you've never took note or started to acknowledge either of those players on any basis, never mind regularly, the players you pay attention to weren't even in the quarter finals, so your full of shit.

Full of shit?

I've mentioned Nishikori on a couple of occasions, not as much as Dimitrov or Raonic mind.

Have you mentioned Nishikori or Cilic on a regular basis, no you haven't.

You just said I'd take that, I'd happily take it as well, all I'm saying is this thread is too Djokovic, Federer, Nadal & Murray based, there are other players out there who deserve to get the recognition on this thread.