Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Full of shit?

I've mentioned Nishikori on a couple of occasions, not as much as Dimitrov or Raonic mind.

Have you mentioned Nishikori or Cilic on a regular basis, no you haven't.

You just said I'd take that, I'd happily take it as well, all I'm saying is this thread is too Djokovic, Federer, Nadal & Murray based, there are other players out there who deserve to get the recognition on this thread.

bringing me into it and saying how happy you are is avoiding the question.

Show me where you've said Nishikori or Cllic are potential grand slam winners, you've given plenty of players credit and from what I've seen not one got past the fourth round.

bringing me into it and saying how happy you are is avoiding the question.

Show me where you've said Nishikori or Cllic are potential grand slam winners, you've given plenty of players credit and from what I've seen not one got past the fourth round.

Should add I'm after specific mentions to him winning a grand slam. not your usual "watch our for Tomic, Goffin, every other player in the top 32 under the age of 23, oh and Nishikori"

OOOOO look Nishikori makes Grand Slam final, but we only focus on Djokovic, Federer, Nadal & Murray in this thread.

Told you many of times to talk more about Dimitrov, Raonic & Nishikori, yet you guys just ignore & focus on the big four, because supposedly on the big stages nobody is good enough to beat them yet.

Well now your wrong, well played Nishikori  :appl:

Jesus Christ, I wish it had been a Djoko - Fed final now, with all the fvcking bickering in here. Can't we all just appreciate the shocks without trying to one up each other?

So one of Cilic and Nishikori will be a Grand Slam winner. Excellent!

Clearly only one person being a grade A bell end in this thread so I'd "appreciate" it if you didn't tar us all with the Kingfox brush in your efforts to remain diplomatic. 

Clearly only one person being a grade A bell end in this thread so I'd "appreciate" it if you didn't tar us all with the Kingfox brush in your efforts to remain diplomatic.

Fair enough Pabs. You know I have no quarrel with you - we may disagree on some things here but you know your stuff.

It's just annoying to see KF come in here crowing and clearly looking for a bite and others falling for it.

Fair enough Pabs. You know I have no quarrel with you - we may disagree on some things here but you know your stuff.

It's just annoying to see KF come in here crowing and clearly looking for a bite and others falling for it.

I'm not falling for anything he claims he saw this happening I'm just asking him to prove it. I don't see why he gets so upset about four players including the British number one being discussed more than other players, they are clearly at the top of their sport. This is the first time in nine years none of them have featured in a final and lets face it it's only really Novak going out that's the shock, Murray is horribly out of form, Federer is an old man and is nowhere near the level he used to be, and Nadal is out injured :dunno:

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I'm not falling for anything he claims he saw this happening I'm just asking him to prove it. I don't see why he gets so upset about four players including the British number one being discussed more than other players, they are clearly at the top of their sport. This is the first time in nine years none of them have featured in a final and lets face it it's only really Novak going out that's the shock, Murray is horribly out of form, Federer is an old man and is nowhere near the level he used to be, and Nadal is out injured :dunno:

And so the phrase "full of shit" isn't meant to be inflammatory and responding to KFs earlier baiting? ;-)

But honestly, I agree with you...Djokovic going out is the only real shock here because of the lack of form of the others. I actually thought it would be Berdych that would do for Federer, but Cilic did for him too before he had the chance.

I think we are finally seeing a shift on the established tennis order, but I do still think Djokovic (in particular) and Nadal (when he returns) will take some shifting from the very top because of their consistency, which no one else seems to be looking to match yet.

And I also agree that seeing as this is primarily a football site and most folk only get interested around slam time the primary conversation is going to be about the big 3 names and Murray, considering they've been dominant for so long.

• 3 weeks later...

Murray finally gets his mitts on some ATP silverware for the first time in 15 months. 

Of course, it's only the Mickey Mouse ATP 250 event in Nowherezen, China, but it's better than nothing at all. Saved five match points in the final to do so too. Remains to be seen if he can get a run of form together from here enough to make London.

Got an interesting first round match in Beijing next week too - he's up against everyones favourite lanky Pole, Janowicz.

• 2 weeks later...

Murray finally gets his mitts on some ATP silverware for the first time in 15 months. 

Of course, it's only the Mickey Mouse ATP 250 event in Nowherezen, China, but it's better than nothing at all. Saved five match points in the final to do so too. Remains to be seen if he can get a run of form together from here enough to make London.

Got an interesting first round match in Beijing next week too - he's up against everyones favourite lanky Pole, Janowicz.

Just tonked him in Shanghai as well, Kingfox's probable top 10 contender currently not even in the 32  :whistle:

Another one of Kingfox's talents Milos Raonic having to retire in before the terrible Juan Monaco was able to finish pasting him. He'll probably miss out on the 02 now. Dimitrov defintiley wont be there after losing to Benneteau

"lets make sure we focus on the talent lads"

The forums resident tennis experts had better days....

Rafa also out but he was a complete moron for attempting to play in the first place. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Just tonked him in Shanghai as well, Kingfox's probable top 10 contender currently not even in the 32  :whistle:

Another one of Kingfox's talents Milos Raonic having to retire in before the terrible Juan Monaco was able to finish pasting him. He'll probably miss out on the 02 now. Dimitrov defintiley wont be there after losing to Benneteau

"lets make sure we focus on the talent lads"

The forums resident tennis experts had better days....

Rafa also out but he was a complete moron for attempting to play in the first place. 

Hopefully Rafas first words once he got off court were the Spanish equivalent of "get this fvcking useless four inch piece of intestinal tissue out of me".

Hopefully Rafas first words once he got off court were the Spanish equivalent of "get this fvcking useless four inch piece of intestinal tissue out of me".

I just don't know why he did it, can he functionally play tennis, probably, is he going to beat another fit professional tennis player with appendicitis, is he fck.  

Need Murray to well here would quite like to see him live lol

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I just don't know why he did it, can he functionally play tennis, probably, is he going to beat another fit professional tennis player with appendicitis, is he fck.  

Need Murray to well here would quite like to see him live lol

With Raonic going out today, it pretty much makes him and Murray level in terms of gathered points so far this year. 

If Murray can beat Ferrer tomorrow he'll open more ground on him too, and leave Ferrer with a lot of work to do. Dimitrov I think is done. I think it is going to come down to a straight who-goes-further shoot out in the final few events of the season between Murray and Raonic to see who gets that final place, though.

With Raonic going out today, it pretty much makes him and Murray level in terms of gathered points so far this year. 

If Murray can beat Ferrer tomorrow he'll open more ground on him too, and leave Ferrer with a lot of work to do. Dimitrov I think is done. I think it is going to come down to a straight who-goes-further shoot out in the final few events of the season between Murray and Raonic to see who gets that final place, though.

And Ferrer beats him lol

Jesus.

Just Paris left for Murray to gain enough points or have I missed something out?

few 250's next week not sure if he's playing any of them, Stockholm Vienna and Moscow, he might do as it's that close in the rankings now.

He'll play one of the 500's the week after (Valencia or Basel) and then Paris the week after that. Then we're all done apart from that Indian PL which I am boycotting as it sounds shite. 

Just Paris left for Murray to gain enough points or have I missed something out?

He's going to play Valencia or Basel 500. He'll not play any of the 250's next week, I don't think. 

He really needs a favourable draw in both there and Paris to get far enough to have a chance to beat both Ferrer and Raonic to the punch now, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

He's going to play Valencia or Basel 500. He'll not play any of the 250's next week, I don't think. 

He really needs a favourable draw in both there and Paris to get far enough to have a chance to beat both Ferrer and Raonic to the punch now, I think.

Shows how little I know.  lol Not only did he play a 250, he won it too, beating Ferrer in the final. That and Raonic going out in R2 of his event means Murray overtakes both of them in the London standings. Important psychological victory too, outlasting Ferrer after he beat him last week.

Plays Valencia next week.

Jerzy is shit.

Yeah we told you.

Dimitrov being taken apart by the seemingly resurgent Murray. Seems to be regaining some form just in time for season end lol. Hopefully he can take some of it into January, pretty sure he'll do better than this season next season question is how much better. Now he's qualified for London he'll no doubt not be playing on the Friday I go lol but never mind. 

Yeah we told you.

Dimitrov being taken apart by the seemingly resurgent Murray. Seems to be regaining some form just in time for season end lol. Hopefully he can take some of it into January, pretty sure he'll do better than this season next season question is how much better. Now he's qualified for London he'll no doubt not be playing on the Friday I go lol but never mind. 

Good form and clearly the back is not bothering him any more as he's played 6 weeks on the spin, won three tournaments and still looks fresh. A good training block in the winter and 2015 could be very interesting indeed - arguably he's the in-form player on the Tour right now.

Next target will be to get ahead of Wawrinka in time for the Aus Open to get one of the top 4 seeds - if he can do reasonably well at the O2 he's got a chance of doing that.

In good news saw Wawrinka got done by Anderson today.

In bad news if my calculations are correct Novak is up next. 

Yup and yup. Though Novak is playing Monfils right now with the crowd behind him and a new kid arrived, so you never know.

Murray getting to the final here (improbable) or reaching the Tour Finals semifinal with Wawrinka going out in the group stages (more probable) would probably be enough. Current gap is around 400 points.