Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Saw Novak Live yesterday, I think Berdych is still on court picking his teeth up

There's been a lot of that this week. At least the semis were closer. Stan really should have closed it out against Fed - serving with three match points you should really be putting it away.

Still it should be a good final. I think Djokovic will have too much energy for Fed. Think it'll go to three, though.

Federer pulls out due to an injury/not being match fit.

Nightmare week for the organisers in a way and feel sorry for the fans.

Murray stepping in to play an exhibition v Djokovic. Then a doubles after with McEnroe, Henman and Cash. Not what they paid for, but at least the fans are getting something.

So Federer's back is better then :rolleyes:

Play in a final you've won numerous times before when you're 60-70% fit, or take a couple of weeks to get nearer full fitness and win something you've never won before? Not a tough choice is it? Playing both might have meant he lost both, and ultimately let his team mates down.

• 1 month later...

That should be a humdinger.

Tough draw for Murray - Dimitrov in the 4th round, then the possibility of Fed, Nadal and Nole, in that order. Mind you, given how the seedings have fallen there was never going to be an easy route.

Ward up against Greasedasco first up - potential shock there, I think, if Ward can keep his head together long enough. Verdasco is the kind of big player who Ward likes to play against - hard hitter, but a tendency to fall apart under pressure.

Djokovic hasn't got anyone really to worry about in his quarter, a potental rematch with Wawrinka in the semi could be interesting. Wawrinka has a couple of dangermen in his quarter though - if there is going to be the classic AO dark horse semifinalist, I think it will come from there.

Nadals quarter is tough, plenty of big hitters and flair players capable of causing upsets. As well there is Berdych who is capable of blasting anyone off the court on his day. Him, Nadal or possilby Gulbis/Gasquet for the semi spot there I think.

Federers part is pretty clear apart from Robredo, who he does have previous against.

Overall prediction...Djoko-Fed/Murray final, with Djoko winning and Nadal to not make it to his semifinal.

Federer has completely worked Murray out now though hasn't he finally?

I can barely remember the last time Murray beat him. Must be a few years ago now.

Federer has completely worked Murray out now though hasn't he finally?

I can barely remember the last time Murray beat him. Must be a few years ago now.

Aus Open 2013. Comprehensive victory too, Fed was lucky to take it to five.

That was the only time he played him in 2013 and in 2014 he was losing to practically everyone, Federer included, so I'm not sure about him being worked out as yet. It's tended to to and fro over the years with them.

Ward started like a train against Verdasco, but he needed him to have one of his meltdowns to win and sadly it didn't occur. Had three break points to go a break up in the second set and a set point to go two sets to one up too.

Once again, Murray stands alone. Think he's rather used to that by now.

Jesus this is a long post ain't it...want's a fresh one lol

Shame about Heather Watson's first round knockout in Australia.

Apparently she suffers with womens problems just as she's going on a roll :wub:

What a shame - any idea what's happened to our other hero Laura Robson

Nadal is done for on every surface other than clay now, won't win another major outside of the French.

Bit early to say that, he was only in the final last year. Clearly wasn't well yesterday either. 

Although I hope your right can't stand the thought of him beating Fed's all time record. 

Federer up against the wall here...2 sets down to Seppi.

Of course he's come back in these situations (in fact I do believe Seppi has had a 2-set advantage over him before at Wimbledon and lost out) but I'm not sure a 5-setter in increasing heat is going to do him much good for subsequent matches.

Murray giving Sousa (son of ex Leicester-manager Paulo, I believe) another kicking.

Edited by leicsmac