Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Who is on which side of the draw?

Has Murray got a relatively easier route to the final now that Federer is out?

Nadal is in Murrays side of the draw, but other than that there's no real dangermen apart from possibly Berdych, who could end up being Murrays SF opponent. No one else who has a history of giving him a hard time.

Edited by leicsmac

In the bottom half:

4th round Berdych v Tomic

4th round Murray v Dmitrov

4th round Seppi v (Jaziri or Kyrgios)

4th round (Anderson or Gasquet) v (Sela or Nadal)

If Murray beats Dmitrov he plays the winner of the Seppi match in the Quarters

Edited by Sir Fynwy

Nadal is in Murrays side of the draw, but other than that there's no real dangermen apart from possibly Berdych, who could end up being Murrays SF opponent. No one else who has a history of giving him a hard time.

In the bottom half:

4th round Berdych v Tomic

4th round Murray v Dmitrov

4th round Seppi v (Jaziri or Kyrgios)

4th round (Anderson or Gasquet) v (Sela or Nadal)

If Murray beats Dmitrov he plays the winner of the Seppi match in the Quarters

Thank you both

It was a brilliant passing shot, just seen it.

Can't see Nadal making the semifinal so draw has been cracked wide open for Murray. Djoko probably still to win the whole thing though - he's looking very strong here, as always.

I still think Rafa makes the semi final. Looks a bit more like his old self today and a quick match is just what he needed.

This has seriously opened up for Kyrgios to do something big.

Up until Murray splats yet another Aussie in front of their own fans. He likes that.

I still think Rafa makes the semi final. Looks a bit more like his old self today and a quick match is just what he needed.

You could be right, though if he's off form in any way Berdych will outblast him.

Murray has a decent record against Rafa here, now that I think on it. A semi match up between them would be interesting.

Seppi went to pieces, was causing and just turned off. Awful match.

In contrast the game between Dimitrov and Murray is being played at an unbelievable standard.

Should of gone to five that, at 5-3 in the 4th Dimitrov mentally was very poor.

It was after that game, when Murray went up the gears.

Kyrgios won't have much energy left, needs the serving day of his life, and somehow keep the points short, which probably won't happen.

Ye Gods, I thought the British media were bad at overhyping their sport stars. Then I read what some of the Aussie lot are saying about Krygios. It's hilarious.

He's definitely got potential, but Murray is a step up and a hostile home crowd isn't going to do him any good - not against someone like Murray. It's not even going to be close today.

Edit: In other news, Berdych handing out a bit of a kicking to Nadal right now.

Edited by leicsmac

Ye Gods, I thought the British media were bad at overhyping their sport stars. Then I read what some of the Aussie lot are saying about Krygios. It's hilarious.

He's definitely got potential, but Murray is a step up and a hostile home crowd isn't going to do him any good - not against someone like Murray. It's not even going to be close today.

Edit: In other news, Berdych handing out a bit of a kicking to Nadal right now.

Oz is desperate for a new tennis hero, Tomic was the hope, but the drugs sex and rocknroll have reduced his appeal  :)

Kyrgios is the hope for the future, cant see him knocking Murray off, but the crowd has great power and he seems to lap it up, im expecting 4 sets, Murray through

Oz is desperate for a new tennis hero, Tomic was the hope, but the drugs sex and rocknroll have reduced his appeal   :)

Kyrgios is the hope for the future, cant see him knocking Murray off, but the crowd has great power and he seems to lap it up, im expecting 4 sets, Murray through

I think he's got a fair bit of potential, but he's being overhyped by the press and that might not be good for his development - which would be a shame. I've seen it too many times over here.

That's a reasonable prediction - he can feed on the crowd and Murray normally has a brainfart for a few games within any match he plays so him nicking a set is pretty possible.

Murray now has a great chance of getting to the final. 

I think he did anyway. Nadal has often been weak here and he hadn't been showing massive form before Berdych flattened him.

Providing Murray beats Krygios, the semi will be all about which Berdych shows up. There's a reason he's a power player but hasn't won much, and that's the lack of consistency. But if he shows up with his radar lined up, Murray will have a very tough time.

There's enough showing from Krygios to say that he's one to watch for the future considering he's only 19, but it's going to take a lot more time and matches before he can truly mix it at the very top. The possibility one day is there, though.

I see big serve, big forehand, can move. Not much else. The problem with him is while he's 19 I think it's fair to presume he's not got much growing left to do.

Obviously he can get better but why people should be sitting up and taking notice of his exploits now as has been suggested I am unsure he is some way from being able to compete with the best.

Edited by Manwell Pablo