Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

That kingfox is why people talk about the likes of Murray and Djokovic in here a lot more than krygios.

But other players deserve recognition from time to time, who cares if they don't beat the likes of Djokovic and Murray.

Two Grand Slam quarter finals already for Kyrgios, doubt anybody expected that at the start of last year, it's all progress in the right direction.

Raonic, Nishikori & Berdych have all played well this tournament, Raonic might not beat Djokovic but you can see improvements in his game.

But other players deserve recognition from time to time, who cares if they don't beat the likes of Djokovic and Murray.

Two Grand Slam quarter finals already for Kyrgios, doubt anybody expected that at the start of last year, it's all progress in the right direction.

Raonic, Nishikori & Berdych have all played well this tournament, Raonic might not beat Djokovic but you can see improvements in his game.

That was about as routine as you can get for djokovic.

Raonic is another one I don't get. Over all game is by far the worst in top 10 and he just relies on his serve and that won't cut it against geniune quality.

Muller made a much better fist of it than this

Djokovic eats players like Raonic for breakfast. Completely nullifies any serving advantage they have and then moves them around until they give in. He's the best returner on the Tour and it shows in how he deals with only-serve players.

It takes a much more all court player (like Muller, or on a higher level, Murray or Wawrinka) to give him a hard time.

Djokovic eats players like Raonic for breakfast. Completely nullifies any serving advantage they have and then moves them around until they give in. He's the best returner on the Tour and it shows in how he deals with only-serve players.

It takes a much more all court player (like Muller, or on a higher level, Murray or Wawrinka) to give him a hard time.

It's not just Djokovic though is it most players in the top 8 have got his number

It's not just Djokovic though is it most players in the top 8 have got his number

I've not looked at every H2H but I'm sure you've got a point there. 

The reason he's risen so high is being more consistent than those beneath him and taking the odd big scalp here and there through judicious use of tiebreaks in 3 set matches, I think.

And Murray finishes it off in four. Really applied pressure at critical points and Berdych folded.

Some interesting comments in the post match interview though - sticking it (though politely) to those who criticised his appointment of Mauresmo.

It's one good tournament, he really shouldn't be sticking it to anyone yet.

Hopefully Nole will batter him Sunday.

Really? I wasn't aware your feelings on this topic were that strong.

Novak-Stan tomorrow should be pretty interesting.

Don't think I've ever hidden my dislike of Murray.

Don't think I've ever hidden my dislike of Murray.

But you did say that you were glad to be proven wrong when he won a Slam, and from your postings on here I thought you were largely ambivalent about him, except when playing Fed obviously. Sorry if I've got that wrong though.

It's one good tournament, he really shouldn't be sticking it to anyone yet.

Hopefully Nole will batter him Sunday.

I guess making 8 major finals and winning the U.S. OPEN, Wimbledon and Olympic titles he has a good idea whether he is getting back to his best or not...

If anything only dropping two sets to the final shows to me he is better than ever, particularly the serve and forehand ...

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I guess making 8 major finals and winning the U.S. OPEN, Wimbledon and Olympic titles he has a good idea whether he is getting back to his best or not...

If anything only dropping two sets to the final shows to me he is better than ever, particularly the serve and forehand ...

And not a single one of those wonderful achievements was under the guidance of Amelie. So again let's wait and see.

He's playing well but he's had a fairly decent route to the final, probably as easy as it gets for a Grand Slam.

Mac I was pleased for him, he deserved it, I don't like him and even less so after he openly admitted he wanted the destruction of Great Britain last year.

Murray's movement is noticeably better in this tournament than at any point last year. That's the foundation to his game...

Hopefully he finally lifts the trophy on Sunday. If it is Djokovic, i don't think he's been looking as sharp as normal, even though he'd be a rightful favourite.

And not a single one of those wonderful achievements was under the guidance of Amelie. So again let's wait and see.

He's playing well but he's had a fairly decent route to the final, probably as easy as it gets for a Grand Slam.

Mac I was pleased for him, he deserved it, I don't like him and even less so after he openly admitted he wanted the destruction of Great Britain last year.

That's fair enough.