Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Good victory for Murray today. Nadal also safely through.

Atm watching Caroline Wozniacki. She is a very talented, err, tennis player :thumbup::wub: .

Been shooting up the rankings this year. She orignially set a target of finishing in the top 50 and is now already in the top 20. Real media darling up here as well...

4th set so far:

Del Potro breaks

Murray breaks back

Del Potro misses a golden opportunity to break again

Del Potro does break again in Murray's next service game

Murray breaks back instantly

Exciting stuff. Murray's currently 40-0 up in the game that will make it 5-4 if he doesn't fuck up again.

Edit: He won it, now it's time for some adverts

Edited by Alexikokopops

There are some people in Britain who really piss me off... HOW can you all go on about Murray like he's some God sent to tennis? He's little more than good really... I've been watching this match against Del Potro and if DP could actually stop making the mistakes and control the match constantly like he almost is doing, he'd win easily! Murray is NOWHERE NEAR Nadal or Federer who are outstanding when they are playing their best and I really can't see him winning a Slam because he will come up against so many people who can boss him around as he has no weapons... his entire game is based on defense and you can't do that as you WILL end up being beaten down eventually and with 7 rounds to get through at a Slam, there is little chance he'd make it all the way having to run around defending all the time. We already know that his fitness is dodgy at times and with all these long matches, how on earth will he be able to sustain it until the final!?!

But what really annoyed me was after the Melzer match where Murray scraped through in 5 sets and then everyone started saying he'd win the whole tournament... Melzer is a pretty poor tennis player who never really made it near the top of the game (28th is his highest), has more losses in his career than wins and hasn't made it past the 3rd round of a Slam and yet he still managed to push Murray to the brink of defeat and yet because he edged it out, you all suddenly think he will win against Nadal, Federer or even Djokovic!?! Get real!!!

I have to admit that I don't like Murray one bit and would happily see him lose all the time but this is not me just being biased, this is ludicrous patriotism and hope from Britain... Murray was trounced at Wimbledon by Nadal... what makes you think he's suddenly got amazingly better just because he's on hard court? Remember that grass court is not one of Nadal's best surfaces and even he admits that!

Well done to him reaching the semi's but for all those thinking he's on his way to his first Grand Slam, seriously, wake up... probably Nadal in the semi's and if (and a BIG if) he made it through to the final considering he has NEVER beaten Nadal, Federer would probably be waiting... I for one will be cheering Nadal on all the way!

P.S. COME ON SERENA!!! :D

Edited by FilboFox

Very good match, go on Murray.

Filbo Fox, who actually said he was gonna go on and win this thing?

It's not so much on here, I just thought that I would voice my annoyances here... it's on the BBC 606 threads... it is UNBELIEVABLE what they say on there, you really would think Murray was a really top player who has a huge chance!

It's not so much on here, I just thought that I would voice my annoyances here... it's on the BBC 606 threads... it is UNBELIEVABLE what they say on there, you really would think Murray was a really top player who has a huge chance!

Well that's 606 for ya.

He doesn't have a huge chance, but he doesn't have no chance like you seem to have made out.

Not really, he was the better player for the majority of the Del Potro match. Didn't see the Melzer match so can't comment.

I wouldn't say he was the better player really... Del Potro lost it because he made so many mistakes, not because Murray was particularly very good. Throughout the entire match Del Potro was the one commanding the points and it was Murray who was just defending the entire time... eventually ending normally with Del Potro making the mistakes. He went through, yes, so he did well but if he plays like that against Nadal or Federer or even Djokovic, he will not be so successful.

Here is a prime example of the BBC 606 tosh that comes out:

"Murray is a natural, give him a year of hard work and he could easily become the man to beat!"

Where do these idiots come from!?!?!! Nadal is younger, fitter and FAR more skilled that Murray ever will be, Federer is still lightyears ahead of him and Djokovic is improving far faster than Murray and already has a Grand Slam under his belt!

All that and I still haven't even mentioned that Murray has no real weapons at all... his serve is fairly average really, you won't see him smacking aces down or even really using it to construct the points, his forehand is strong but nothing incredible and his backhand is nothing special either, his volleys I can't really comment about as I don't see him doing them that often but they look fairly strong when he does, his crazy drop-shots are lunacy sometimes and really let him down because they are so poor and at completely the wrong times, his attitude is pathetic, he looks like he is sloping around the court and everything is a real effort for him... and then when things go wrong he becomes abusive, aggressive and surly. I really don't see what there is to like about this guy at all... he is so miserable looking and even when he becomes pumped with emotion and drive, some of the characteristics that I love about Nadal and Serena, my two favourite players, he still looks like some crazy neanderthal with his huge square mouth and weird facial hair! Yes, they aren't really things that you should be taking into account when supporting a player but I'm sorry, they do play a huge part in what makes a player likable or not... and Murray, to me, is not AT ALL likable. What then infuriates me even more is the ridiculous support he gets from incredibly stupid Brits who think he's an amazing player and his own self belief when there is little cause for anyone including himself to think he can or could beat the Big 3 at the top of the game. Serena is another player who is VERY self confident and blames losses on herself not the opponents quality but after winning 8 singles Grand Slams, 9 doubles and mixed doubles Grand Slams, having been world number 1 and is still winning a hell of a lot, I think she kinda has the right to be, so good on her!! Murray and Murray fans need to wake up to the fact that so far, Murray has had a fairly simple draw compared to what it could have been... not facing a really top player who is consistently at the top in the first 5 rounds of a Slam is a fairly good draw so I would have expected him to have been making this stage!!! Nothing of what he has achieved so far is in any way shape or form incredible or showing of any improvement from earlier in the year... here's to hoping Nadal puts him in his place!!!

Edited by FilboFox