Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

I agree, but that said other terrestrial coverage of the Slams isn't much better, punditry wise. Petchey is the only commentator there worth a damn and he does both BBC and ITV work.

BBC is loads better, if only becayse of the red button

BBC is loads better, if only becayse of the red button

Yeah, no disagreement regarding court coverage, the BBC at Wimbledon is miles better. But as far as analysis and commentary goes they're both sorely lacking. Andrew Castle, for fvcks sake - why is he still in a job?

That being said, other than tennisTV (and even that can be poor) the standard isn't much better elsewhere, either. Like I said, Petchey is the only one who seems to know what he's doing.

Yeah, no disagreement regarding court coverage, the BBC at Wimbledon is miles better. But as far as analysis and commentary goes they're both sorely lacking. Andrew Castle, for fvcks sake - why is he still in a job?

That being said, other than tennisTV (and even that can be poor) the standard isn't much better elsewhere, either. Like I said, Petchey is the only one who seems to know what he's doing.

Yeah got to agree Andrew Castle is a proper Mongoose.

Murray not playing particularly well this morning

Thankfully Nick "Hit ball hard" Kyrgios is having one of those games that makes you wonder what all the fuss is about. Bar a couple of extraordinary shots that is.

Murray hasn't had to get out of second gear... Kyrgios seems to be in the same mould has Tsonga and Murray holds a great record against him... He knows that errors will fly off his raquet, and doesn't need to over do it himself

Murray hasn't had to get out of second gear... Kyrgios seems to be in the same mould has Tsonga and Murray holds a great record against him... He knows that errors will fly off his raquet, and doesn't need to over do it himself

Hmm dunno. Obviously the kingfox crowing is ott as always but he can be a dangerous player Nick, if things are clicking. Had Federer in Madrid and is improving all the time.

Today he looks pretty terrible though. Getting worse as the match goes on as well.

Hmm dunno. Obviously the kingfox crowing is ott as always but he can be a dangerous player Nick, if things are clicking. Had Federer in Madrid and is improving all the time.

Today he looks pretty terrible though. Getting worse as the match goes on as well.

Tsonga was the same, on song and he could be unplayable for most on tour ... unfortunately players like Murray and Djokovic just keep making them play ball after ball and they feel they have to go for more shots quicker, they don't have a plan b game, so once plan a goes they are lost and get worse.. Edited by foxes_rule1978

Agree with the above post here...Murray just having to contain Kyrgios today and let him make mistakes. I'm pretty sure if he was any more dangerous he'd have several more gears to access. Conserving energy for the business end of the tournament.

Tsonga was the same, on song and he could be unplayable for most on tour ... unfortunately players like Murray and Djokovic just keep making them play ball after ball and they feel they have to go for more shots quicker, they don't have a plan b game, so once plan a goes they are lost and get worse..

I think potentially he could do a lot better than Tsonga, I think he'll have a much better career as he hits the ball harder and secondly he'll get the benefit of Murray Nadal Novak and Fed all getting old and retiring long before he hits his peak. His all round game is getting better but he still has a lot to work on. There isn't really a young player on the tour that has anything resembling a complete game at the minute though this is why the big four win nearly every slam.

But for today yes you are right he has no plan and just looks lost.

I'd mark Kyrgios as the young guy with the most potential out there right now, but that's not really saying much sadly. 

What it could mean though is a lot more unpredictability once the Big 4 are gone because you'll have a lot of different names scrapping for the big titles. The standard might drop, but the unpredictability might well be more entertaining.

What a disgusting attitude Kyrgios has, plus what's the point of wearing a cap backwards on a Tennis court. He is like a mardy version of Monfils, entertaining shot maker but lacks brain cells.

Murray's attitude used to be his downfall, same applies to Kyrgios at this moment in time, playing at that pace & with that attitude will see him get nowhere.

What a disgusting attitude Kyrgios has, plus what's the point of wearing a cap backwards on a Tennis court. He is like a mardy version of Monfils, entertaining shot maker but lacks brain cells.

Murray's attitude used to be his downfall, same applies to Kyrgios at this moment in time, playing at that pace & with that attitude will see him get nowhere.

lol yeah the hat  was the problem

I mean i cant think of any former world number 1s or slam winners who would have the audacity to do such a thing, especially Australian ones!

350500-lleyton-hewitt.jpg

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Not blaming the hat, he just looked stupid.

That picture of Lleyton though Pablo, the sun doesn't look to be out so he looks less stupid.

Andy Roddick knew how to wear a cap properly, probably why he used to be my fave player ;)

Not blaming the hat, he just looked stupid.

That picture of Lleyton though Pablo, the sun doesn't look to be out so he looks less stupid.

Andy Roddick knew how to wear a cap properly, probably why he used to be my fave player ;)

lol he used to wear it all the time. Sunny or not sunny, loads of players do, Kokkinakis on the next court is ffs  if you knew anything like the amount about the sport as you make out you'd know that, only person who looks stupid is you. 

lol he used to wear it all the time. Sunny or not sunny, loads of players do, Kokkinakis on the next court is ffs  if you knew anything like the amount about the sport as you make out you'd know that, only person who looks stupid is you.

It's an Australian thing, Tomic the same if he doesn't wear his headband.

But why you talking about caps anyway, bit silly Pablo.

There was no need to add your input

There was as what you said was ridiculous lol

What there is no need for is your continued digging, you could just admit it was a silly thing to say and move on, instead of continuing to discuss the finer points of baseball cap etiquette 

Business end of things coming up on the red dirt. Wawrinka and Tsonga have already made it through to the semi final, but who will join them? Two excellent matches in store today.

Nadal-Djokovic matches have almost always been bonebreaking epics (especially on clay) and even though Rafa seems to be missing a step this season I expect today to be no different. Expect a 5-set festival of endurance, grit and the occasional piece of shotmaking amongst the slugfest....with Djokovic finally coming out on top.

Murray-Ferrer is a bit less predictable. Both are capable of gritting out a win, but both are also susceptible to folding to the other if the right pressure is applied. Murray hasn't lost a match on clay this year, but then he's never beaten Ferrer on the surface either. It all adds up to an interesting one. I'm thinking that the first two sets will be close and shared, and that whoever wins the third set will then power on and take it in 4. And I think, this time, that it will be Murray who will finally get the better of Ferrer on clay.

There was as what you said was ridiculous lol

What there is no need for is your continued digging, you could just admit it was a silly thing to say and move on, instead of continuing to discuss the finer points of baseball cap etiquette

Ridiculous why?

Oh look the sun's out, I need to wear a cap to serve because the sun is in my eyeline, but I know I'll wear it backwards.

Now that's silly.