Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Can't see past a Djokovic vs Murray final. Think Murray has the upper hand on Federer, Nadal won't trouble, Berdych might be a problem but he has a tough section.

Djokovic has all the big hitters in his half, but he continues to be a fitness machine & usually dispatches those type of players. Nishikori & Wawrinka in his half but can't see them troubling Novak on grass.

As for the Women wouldn't be surprised if we get a new Grand Slam winner.

If Murray doesn't win it, I would like to see one more Centre Court magic show from Fed before he spends more time with the wife and kids. 

I can't see him beating either Murray or Djokovic though (or maybe, maybe one, but certainly not both), so he would have to rely on others to eliminate them before he faces them. 

Hamilton and Murray are the only ones I take issue with tbh. I'm just not much of a nationalist, I usually get behind people I like not because of where they come from.

As do I, and considering most of the the commonplace reasons for disliking Murray have been comprehensively debunked I feel predisposed to like him as he comes across as dry and reasonably entertaining.

Additionally, isn't it fvcking tiresome that this debate comes up EVERY. SINGLE. FVCKING. TIME when Wimbledon rolls around? Can't wait for the first mention of the World Cup 2006 Joke to get rehashed on here.

As do I, and considering most of the the commonplace reasons for disliking Murray have been comprehensively debunked I feel predisposed to like him as he comes across as dry and reasonably entertaining.

Additionally, isn't it fvcking tiresome that this debate comes up EVERY. SINGLE. FVCKING. TIME when Wimbledon rolls around? Can't wait for the first mention of the World Cup 2006 Joke to get rehashed on here.

I wasn't looking for a debate, I was merely clarifying my stance on the matter based on his response. Debating on someone's preference is an incredibly ****ing stupid thing to do.

I wasn't looking for a debate, I was merely clarifying my stance on the matter based on his response. Debating on someone's preference is an incredibly ****ing stupid thing to do.

Yeah, I agree. My remarks weren't directed at you personally and if it felt that way because you were the one I quoted then I apologise.

I'm just trying to head off the idiocy train at the pass because I just know that the further Murray gets into this one particular tournament, the more idiots you'll get on this thread spouting the same old rubbish that has been debunked over and over.

Liam Broady fulfilling the "shocker Brit" quota for the year (there's usually one), beating Matosevic from two sets down despite never having played a 5-set match in his life and getting a wildcard in here. He's young so he might have some potential.

And my response only exists because you feel the need to tell everyone at any available opportunity how much you dislike Murray and Hamilton, and the more they win the more vocal you get about it.

You know I what, I really can't stand Nadal. I ****ing hate his gamesmanship and his constant woe is me attitude to every little injury. I hate Mark Cavendish too, partly because he comes across as borderline retarded, and partly because of the large amounts of admiration he received from huge amounts of the British public for winning a few parts of a race, not even the whole thing, just a few sections. But you what, I don't feel the need to tell everyone all the time. Back who you want to back, nobodies demanding you start supporting Brits, but just cut it on the hatred. It's one thing not backing someone, but you're kind of taking it to another level. I might not back Nadal, but I can see what a fantastic player he's been and won't begrudge him his success, like you do Murray and Hamilton.

And my response only exists because you feel the need to tell everyone at any available opportunity how much you dislike Murray and Hamilton, and the more they win the more vocal you get about it.

You know I what, I really can't stand Nadal. I ****ing hate his gamesmanship and his constant woe is me attitude to every little injury. I hate Mark Cavendish too, partly because he comes across as borderline retarded, and partly because of the large amounts of admiration he received from huge amounts of the British public for winning a few parts of a race, not even the whole thing, just a few sections. But you what, I don't feel the need to tell everyone all the time. Back who you want to back, nobodies demanding you start supporting Brits, but just cut it on the hatred. It's one thing not backing someone, but you're kind of taking it to another level. I might not back Nadal, but I can see what a fantastic player he's been and won't begrudge him his success, like you do Murray and Hamilton.

I don't even think I've mentioned Murray much on this forum at all, so I'm not entirely sure how you've reached this conclusion. I do concede it to Hamilton however not to the extent you're claiming, because his attitude genuinely rattles me, but based on the amount of hatred towards Rosberg in that thread it's a complete double standard to just pick me out because I don't like everyones favourite Brit. Either way, let's not derail this, if you want to rebute this PM me or whatever.

@mac could be more than the quota going through this year, bedene if your willing to count him has a chance, I think Edmund has a winnable game, and now ferrer is crocked wards got to be a round 1 faviourate given he's got a lucky loser.

Murray debates massive yawn. Feel for Konta mare of a draw after a great week at Eastbourne.

@mac could be more than the quota going through this year, bedene if your willing to count him has a chance, I think Edmund has a winnable game, and now ferrer is crocked wards got to be a round 1 faviourate given he's got a lucky loser.

Murray debates massive yawn. Feel for Konta mare of a draw after a great week at Eastbourne.

Yeah, most of those are good shouts - Ward in particular. Wonder what the record is for British guys making it through the first round in recent times - Murray and two more? Three more?

Hewitt channelling the warrior instinct again against another old stager in Nieminen...winner gets a last moment in the sunlight against Djoko on Centre Court. Both of them deserve that shot, really.

Liam Broady fulfilling the "shocker Brit" quota for the year (there's usually one), beating Matosevic from two sets down despite never having played a 5-set match in his life and getting a wildcard in here. He's young so he might have some potential.

You guys said Dan Evans had potential, yet look how that turned out.