Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Need to get that trainer down Leicester as a physio

Yeah, no disagreement there. Would be much better if they just got on with it.

Been an odd match this one. Dr Ivo up next, Murray doesn't normally have problems with big servers like him.

Karlovic in particular he rarely has a problem with

Edit change that rarely to never as I've just looked at their h2h

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Going back to the heather Watson and the British never win anything and bottle it comments. Bemused slightly. During my lifetime I've seen a British person or team be at the top of their sport and win the most prestigious competitions going in pretty much every sport we take seriously going bar football.

We've finished top four in the medal table at the last two Olympics ffs.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Going back to the heather Watson and the British never win anything and bottle it comments. Bemused slightly. During my lifetime I've seen a British person or team be at the top of their sport and win the most prestigious competitions going in pretty much every sport we take seriously going bar football.

We've finished top four in the medal table at the last two Olympics ffs.

I think it's down to how many times we've come close but failed right when it matters.  It's not that we've never won anything it's that we haven't won more.

Am I the only one who can't stand him, always looks glum, always seems to be carrying some sort of injury when he's losing, and I don't get the hype and love the English media seem to have for his mum!! How did someone get so famous from sitting watching her son play a sport?

Am I the only one who can't stand him, always looks glum, always seems to be carrying some sort of injury when he's losing, and I don't get the hype and love the English media seem to have for his mum!! How did someone get so famous from sitting watching her son play a sport?

I would usually say you're entitled to your own opinion, however in your case, bore off. You clearly know very little about Murray or his mum.

she became famous, by doing more background work than you my friend.She was his coach, and mentor.

This mam opened up his path to becoming a champion.

Opinionate even criticise, by all means ,but do your homework first....!!

• Like 1

she became famous, by doing more background work than you my friend.She was his coach, and mentor.

This mam opened up his path to becoming a champion.

Opinionate even criticise, by all means ,but do your homework first....!!

She couldn't dance for $hit though.

• Like 1

I've never warmed to him, if he was English I probably would like him lol

I don't really follow tennis but Federer is probably my favourite player because he's like Bruno Berner but the tennis version

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 1

I've never warmed to him, if he was English I probably would like him lol

I don't really follow tennis but Federee is probably my favourite player because he's like Bruno Berner but the tennis version

'

You're getting confused with Stan Wawrinkee.

Or whatever his name is.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

'

You're getting confused with Stan Wawrinkee.

Or whatever his name is.

lol:P

I don't hate him or whatever and lots of people want him to do well so I hope he is successful but I'm just not a massive fan

Can understand why people aren't a fan of his on court demeanour.

Seems a nice, genuine, and principled guy off court. Having a boring voice is irrelevant but something people bizarrely seem to have an issue with.

One of our few truly world class sportsmen too.

• Like 1

Can understand why people aren't a fan of his on court demeanour.

Seems a nice, genuine, and principled guy off court. Having a boring voice is irrelevant but something people bizarrely seem to have an issue with.

One of our few truly world class sportsmen too.

We love a character and also love an underdog. Murray isn't an underdog any more, he's taking on the very best and regularly beating them. He's not a glorious loser and heroic failure now, he's got medals on the table.

Never been fond of him, his permanent anti english comments are very annoying. 

Didn't he say one about wanting the England national team to lose? As a Scotsman it's hardly a shocking statement.

Didn't he say one about wanting the England national team to lose? As a Scotsman it's hardly a shocking statement.

Was a joke, and more pertinently this erroneous shit gets repeated every year come Wimbledon time.

Leicesterpool knows this: he spouted the same tripe last time round too. 

Never been fond of him, his permanent anti english comments are very annoying. 

Deary me!

He said "anyone but England" once after being ridiculed by Henman and Kelly in an interview.

Just read this and then you can forget your argument - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1194310/DES-KELLY-For-time--Scot-Andy-Murray-traitor.html

EDIT: He's hardly anti-English when he's married to one and lives in London.

Edited by marko

Yeah but to actually to go to the trouble of buying and wearing an opposition's shirt, that England are playing on that day. I mean if Forest made the fa cup final against Southampton would you actually go to the trouble of buying an Southampton shirt?

Another thing to had, if an English would say "anyone but Scotland" they'd be deemed as racist. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Yeah but to actually to go to the trouble of buying and wearing an opposition's shirt, that England are playing on that day. I mean if Forest made the fa cup final against Southampton would you actually go to the trouble of buying an Southampton shirt?

Another thing to had, if an English would say "anyone but Scotland" they'd be deemed as racist. 

Are you actually being serious or just a bit daft?