Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Meh, most the time a first time finalist makes a final against one of the big names they get destroyed in a boring one sided match. As much as Gasquet would deserve his final spot, I don't want to spend my Sunday afternoon watch Federer or Murray tear him a new arsehole. Watching Djokovic battle one of them two in a real competitive match is what grand slam finals are for.

• Like 1

Meh, most the time a first time finalist makes a final against one of the big names they get destroyed in a boring one sided match. As much as Gasquet would deserve his final spot, I don't want to spend my Sunday afternoon watch Federer or Murray tear him a new arsehole. Watching Djokovic battle one of them two in a real competitive match is what grand slam finals are for.

Ye but dat backhand

Muguruza is so good when she plays with control & patience, but in so many of her matches she is capable of hitting destruct mode like she did in the second set.

Expecting her to play Serena in the final, Muguruza is a massive threat to her as she proved at the French last year & Aussie this year.

Muguruza has so much power in her shots, she had a lull but played so well that first set!

Serena should beat Sharapova, i just don't think she has the right tools to beat Serena, she can't move her around the court enough and she's too static herself

How's everyone seeing the semis going today then?

I think Djokovic v Gasquet will be pretty straight forward. As well as Gasquet has played, and even though Djokovic hasn't always look at his best this tournament, I just don't think the Frenchman has the tools to get under the Serbs skin like others have. So Djokovic in 3

The other semi should be a cracker. I think they'll trade blows early on, but eventually Murray will grind Federer down and beat him in 4.

How's everyone seeing the semis going today then?

I think Djokovic v Gasquet will be pretty straight forward. As well as Gasquet has played, and even though Djokovic hasn't always look at his best this tournament, I just don't think the Frenchman has the tools to get under the Serbs skin like others have. So Djokovic in 3

The other semi should be a cracker. I think they'll trade blows early on, but eventually Murray will grind Federer down and beat him in 4.

Agree with most of that, though I can possibly see Federer hanging on to Murray long enough for it to go to 5.

Hoping Novak match is long so I can get home for the Murray match.

I'm the opposite. I've got work at half 5 :(

By the looks of it this match is going to be tighter than I first thought. Could be 4 sets instead of 3.