Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Federer turned back the clock, absolutely incredible tennis. Allowing an incredible returner like Murray only 1 break point, astounding.

If Federer serves at 70%+ in the final, he'll win. Pre tournament prediction looking good.

Thought Murray played pretty well, but it was a strange decision to receive serve at the coin toss, meaning he was under pressure at the business end of every set. He's getting close to his 2012/2013 level, but really needs a big win over Djokovic/Federer at a Masters/Slam to validate it in his own mind that he's back.

Love all these non tennis fans revelling in defeat of someone playing a sport they don't give a **** about, and passing opinion on a sport they don't follow.

With all due respect, ealingfox and Matt, **** off. If you don't like the sport you don't like it, so I don't see how you can pass comment or have an opinion. Piss off and comment on something you actually have an interest in and leave threads like this to the people who actually like tennis.

lol lol lol

Ooooooooohhh.

• Like 1

Federer turned back the clock, absolutely incredible tennis. Allowing an incredible returner like Murray only 1 break point, astounding.

If Federer serves at 70%+ in the final, he'll win. Pre tournament prediction looking good.

Thought Murray played pretty well, but it was a strange decision to receive serve at the coin toss, meaning he was under pressure at the business end of every set. He's getting close to his 2012/2013 level, but really needs a big win over Djokovic/Federer at a Masters/Slam to validate it in his own mind that he's back.

Murray is in form, Djokovic and Federer will be an exciting rest of the year... Federer I'm still in awe of what he produced today

Love all these non tennis fans revelling in defeat of someone playing a sport they don't give a **** about, and passing opinion on a sport they don't follow.

With all due respect, ealingfox and Matt, **** off. If you don't like the sport you don't like it, so I don't see how you can pass comment or have an opinion. Piss off and comment on something you actually have an interest in and leave threads like this to the people who actually like tennis.

Hahaha ****ing fuming

• Like 2

calm down kid

• Like 1

I was thinking that too- I do not see why not each guys take turns to serve first in a set? Seem fair to me. 

Thought Federer was class today, his serve placing was exceptional. Shame for Murray as he didn't do a lot wrong, he just came up against on his day, the one of the best ever players in the game. If Federer produces that tennis, I think he can beat Novak too, here's hoping.

lol lol lol

Ooooooooohhh.

Hahaha ****ing fuming

calm down kid

If a Tigers fan came on here after Deeney's play-off goal and went "haha gutted, **** off" you'd all be exploding with hate about what a twat rugby fans are, etc. 

If Ferrari lost the constructors in the last lap of the last race and Facecloth went in to the F1 thread to go "aaaah Ferrari wankers", NSLL would be in absolute tears.

We're all guilty of it but I swear sports fans are the biggest emotional hypocrites in the world. lol

For the record, I don't really have an opinion either way on Andy Murray and only came in here to say what a ridiculous performance from Federer at, what is it, 43? Terrifying. Serve like a robotic arm.

• Like 2

I was thinking that too- I do not see why not each guys take turns to serve first in a set? Seem fair to me.

I've always wondered this, surely it would make more sense on 5 set matches to alternate the serve? It would still mean that if it went the distance the person who won the toss could serve first more times but allows both players to apply pressure at the end of sets

Maybe there is a proper explanation or that serving first doesn't actually help in anyway, to me the player that serves first has the advantage of knowing that if they hold their serve they'll always be ahead on the points

If Ferrari lost the constructors in the last lap of the last race and Facecloth went in to the F1 thread to go "aaaah Ferrari wankers", NSLL would be in absolute tears.

At 16 maybe.

Come on, isn't this guy like 30? How do you get THAT upset over something so trivial lol

At 16 maybe.

Come on, isn't this guy like 30? How do you get THAT upset over something so trivial lol

I'm not upset, Christ! Just slightly pissed off at people with no interest in something thinking they can offer an insight into it, and spoiling discussion for people who actually like that thing. Why is ealingfox even bothering to open a thread about tennis when he's openly admitted he doesn't like the sport, to argue that he thinks Murray is shit. If you like something with even a small amount of passion and someone who doesn't even hate it just has no interest in comes along and tries to tell you they know more than you do, are you not likely to tell them to do one?

Can anyone explain this Serena slam thing everyone keeps going on about?

A Grand Slam is winning all 4 majors (Aussie, French, Wimbledon and U.S.) in a calendar year. Serena currently holds all 4 but one of those was won in 2014. So they're calling it a Serena Slam ( she's done it once before). If she wins the U.S. Open she'll have a calendar year Grand Slam, something not achieved since 1988 by Graf.

Who's everyone going for today then? Federer for me, but only if it's decided in 3 or 4. If it goes to 5, I expect Djokovic to edge it. Hoping for Federer though. He's been immense throughout the tournament and breezed past Murray with ease, and you get the impression that he's really hungry for this eighth title.

It's gonna be a cracker of a match! AKCJ is probably already firmly planted on the couch with his RF cap on ;)