Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Guest ttfn

Federer played much better on Friday, Murray must be disappointed to have caught him playing at that level for 2 hours non-stop

still so many questions about the roof. why does it take so long to close? 

but my main one is why are we planning a roof on court 1 by 2019? why is it going to have taken over 4 years to put a roof on the court?! 

still so many questions about the roof. why does it take so long to close? 

but my main one is why are we planning a roof on court 1 by 2019? why is it going to have taken over 4 years to put a roof on the court?! 

Also, why not just have it closed from the start the rain was predicted...or is that against the rules?

Also, why not just have it closed from the start the rain was predicted...or is that against the rules?

no but it's an outdoor tournament, and playing tennis outdoors is very different to playing it indoors. they have all sorts of acclimatising gadgets to make the conditions as close to outdoors as possible but apparently it's still very different. i think unanimously players would rather play for two hours outside, have a ten minute break and then carry on playing outside like today rather than play the whole two weeks with the roof closed. 

it just seems to me that it should be a much easier process than it always is. full days are spent umming and ahhing about the roof, surely it shouldn't be that hard to just close it and carry on if it starts raining. 

comonnnnnn

also lmao at andrew castle, "as much as the physical side goes when you get old, the mental side of you goes much quicker" mate federer is 33 he's not going ****ing senile he's just not as good as djokovic 

Anyone asking why the roof isn't up needs to get out this thread

not why isn't it up, like i said i get that and agree with it, just why does it all take so long. to build, to close, to decide to close, just everything. 

not why isn't it up, like i said i get that and agree with it, just why does it all take so long. to build, to close, to decide to close, just everything.

lol yes I know you weren't. As for why it takes so long it weighs 100 tons, it ain't getting made or closed quickly.

ST rog is done :-(

Well done Djokovic. Pretty straight forward in the end.

Was just going to say before Djokovic tied it up, did I really see grown men sat in the crowd with their fingers crossed, so tightly like it'd actually make a ****ing difference? lol