Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

No surprise there. It's quite common of her to choke at grand slams

Definitely, she is in the same bracket as Ivanovic, has good spells then suddenly produces a lot of shit especially at Grand Slams.

As usual it's wide open for Serena now, unless Bencic can advance & beat her again.

Bouchard is the most overrated player of this generation, Cibulkova still finding her feet after an injury lay off but I'd expect her to down Bouchard.

Their part of the draw is wide open though, one of Kasatkina, Mladenovic, Svitolina, Makarova, Vinci, Duque-Marino, Cibulkova & Bouchard will definitely make the Semis.

Nadal is most definitely finished at the top level outside of the French.

In the women's I picked Keys out to have a good chance, won well yesterday although has a pretty tough draw.

He has become vulnerable even on the clay courts.. haven't seen any progress from him all season, guess judging him on this year isn't fair though... he had a major injury beforehand and just needs to get back up to speed.

If he still struggles next year then I would say there is no chance of him regaining his form and he is finished and may not even be a top 10 player. Nadal is one of my favourite players and I truly hate seeing him struggle so much

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Seems to be finally channeling the anger.

Even though I'm normally very contemptuous of the "win matches quickly to conserve energy" crowd I'm not sure how much good two 5 set comebacks are going to do him against Wankawrinka in a potential QF, as he's a dangerous opponent even at the best of times.

Edit: And for whatever reason, Armstrong court has always been a shit hole for him. Lots of struggles on that court in the past.

Edited by leicsmac

He won't make him look stupid, Anderson has been so much better than Murray it'll be an injustice if he doesn't win it

Sorry, but I've never understood that line of thinking. If you don't close out the match from two sets up then you didn't deserve to win it in the first place.

Top level sport is about the win and the win only.

Djokovic understands that, which is why he's usually able to outlast Murray mentally the same way that Murray can do to most of the Tour.

If you dominate a match and still lose, then you obviously made a critical error or two along the way that allowed your opponent to nullify the advantage you had. Whether that's lack of fitness over a long match or lack of application at a crucial moment or something else entirely depends on the situation.