Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

You got everything about Dan Evans wrong like I got everything about Janowicz wrong.

We got nothing wrong because we said he had potential to do something if he didn't do something else. He did the something else and blew it, we were spot on. You were certain about Janowicz, and were a mile off that's the difference. Some might say we hedged our bets, but in reality we saw the whole picture and weren't stupid enough to make rash prediction declaring something as a given, we knew obstacles stood in Evans way and we accounted for them in our predictions. You on the other hand failed to take into account Janowicz clear lack of talent when making your stupid predictions.

That's why we were right and you weren't.

We got nothing wrong because we said he had potential to do something if he didn't do something else. He did the something else and blew it, we were spot on. You were certain about Janowicz, and were a mile off that's the difference. Some might say we hedged our bets, but in reality we saw the whole picture and weren't stupid enough to make rash prediction declaring something as a given, we knew obstacles stood in Evans way and we accounted for them in our predictions. You on the other hand failed to take into account Janowicz clear lack of talent when making your stupid predictions.

That's why we were right and you weren't.

You were pretty adamant he would make top 100, some of you even mentioned top 50.

Neither happened so you were wrong.

You were pretty adamant he would make top 100, some of you even mentioned top 50.

We were adamant, with certain conditions, those conditions weren't met so it never happen. You were adamant without adding anything else to your prediction and were totally wrong.

If I say Arsenal will win the league and Man City do then I've made a wrong prediction. If I say Arsenal will win the league if Sanchez stays fit and Aguero is injured for most the season, and then Sanchez breaks his leg and Aguero stays fit for the whole season, and then Man City lift the trophy then I wasn't wrong because I put conditions on my prediction that it would only happen under certain circumstances. That's what we did with Evans predicted something but with certain conditions attached, so therefore wasn't wrong unlike yourself with Janowicz.

I keep reading you saying the women's game is weak at the minute, But in reality it's no different to the men's, both games have an outright number 1 that's head and shoulders above the rest, 4 or 5 players that on their day can beat anyone then a load of average players that are never gonna win anything big. The men's game is piss poor compared to 6 years ago.

Everyone on here tipped Evans to be top 100

And in the same post I spoke about his mental frailties and them holding him back. In previous post we spoke about them too. Don't take one quote out of context to try and prove your invalid point, it doesn't make you anymore right.

I keep reading you saying the women's game is weak at the minute, But in reality it's no different to the men's, both games have an outright number 1 that's head and shoulders above the rest, 4 or 5 players that on their day can beat anyone then a load of average players that are never gonna win anything big. The men's game is piss poor compared to 6 years ago.

The top players in the men's game usually make the latter stages of tournaments on a consistent basis, the Women don't apart from Serena.

Majority of the top 10 in the WTA are incredibly inconsistent, losses against lower ranked players say 50 and below are common, which is true.

The top players in the men's game usually make the latter stages of tournaments on a consistent basis, the Women don't apart from Serena.

Majority of the top 10 in the WTA are incredibly inconsistent, losses against lower ranked players say 50 and below are common, which is true.

Surely that means the depth is good and anyone can beat anyone ,rather than there being no depth.

Surely that means the depth is good and anyone can beat anyone ,rather than there being no depth.

The depth is better but in terms of inconsistent & mental frailties the evidence is there.

The likes of Halep, Muguruza, Kerber etc... are known to chuck matches away, I don't see the likes of Federer, Murray, Wawrinka, Berdych etc... chucking matches away in the same fashion as the Women.

The depth is better but in terms of inconsistent & mental frailties the evidence is there.

The likes of Halep, Muguruza, Kerber etc... are known to chuck matches away, I don't see the likes of Federer, Murray, Wawrinka, Berdych etc... chucking matches away in the same fashion as the Women.

Do they chuck them away though? If your in a strong winning position and end up losing it says just as much about the winner as it does the loser.

Do they chuck them away though? If your in a strong winning position and end up losing it says just as much about the winner as it does the loser.

Yes they do, you constantly see the women get tight, suddenly they spray errors all over the place & lose focus because their mentality is all over the shop, basically handing gifts to their opponent who then goes onto win the match.

Yes they do, you constantly see the women get tight, suddenly they spray errors all over the place & lose focus because their mentality is all over the shop, basically handing gifts to their opponent who then goes onto win the match.

Did we beat Man U last season or did they throw it away, sport is all about swings and roundabouts.

Did we beat Man U last season or did they throw it away, sport is all about swings and roundabouts.

You often see the top male tennis players tighten up towards the end of matches, the difference is the medium ranked players aren't good enough to take advantage of it, in the women's game it's much more competitive, so the medium ranked player can take advantage of it.

You often see the top male tennis players tighten up towards the end of matches, the difference is the medium ranked players aren't good enough to take advantage of it, in the women's game it's much more competitive, so the medium ranked player can take advantage of it.

lol what absolute bullshit.

• 2 weeks later...

Question:

How have Belgium got to the final of the Davis cup?

Their top ranked player is 16th in the world and just been taken apart by Murray, do they have an amazing doubles team? Is their second player pretty handy?

I'm still surprised we are there, but we at least have one of the best players in the world, but the supporting cast aren't.

Are all other teams that poor? Switzerland? Spain? France? Serbia? Has it been a season of upsets, or do some nations not really take it seriously?

Question:

How have Belgium got to the final of the Davis cup?

Their top ranked player is 16th in the world and just been taken apart by Murray, do they have an amazing doubles team? Is their second player pretty handy?

I'm still surprised we are there, but we at least have one of the best players in the world, but the supporting cast aren't.

Are all other teams that poor? Switzerland? Spain? France? Serbia? Has it been a season of upsets, or do some nations not really take it seriously?

Goffin is actually a very good player, guess like ours though they lift their game for the Davis Cup.

Murray seems to be in excellent form took apart Coric in the previous round who is one of the best up and coming players. The rest has done Murray well

I doubt most take it seriously tbh

The big names take it seriously enough to win it once to get it on the CV and turn up a few times to make sure their country stays in the World Group each time round, but most of the time that's as far as it goes if it clashes with other events they want to target. It's why Switzerland or Serbia (and a few years ago Spain) don't clean up every year.