Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Anyone know when the matches for the latter part of next week are announced re: ATP World Tour Finals?

Got tickets for the Friday evening so by looking at the matches on Sunday and Monday its going to involve players in the Murray/Nadal group, would ideally want to see either or better yet both.

Roger Federer's 2-0 win over Novak Djokovic was a terrific performance from the Swiss on Tuesday. Federer found all the answers to Djokovic's power, served a collection of aces, some supercharged passing shots and the deftest of drop shots to make the difference.

In the end Djokovic seemed tired, short of ideas and far more eratic than usual. Good job it wasn't played outdoors.

The winds left a trail of metal along the nearby Thames pathway with whole sections of concrete-sleeved railings overturned...so much so that it was a bit nervewracking to hear giant cranes creaking on the top of half-finished blocks of flats way almost directly above your head! It wasn't a place to hang around! :D         

So looks like I'm going to the Andy and Stan show tomorrow night, happy enough with that!

Murray to lose in 3 I think unfortunately.

Ooooh, a good pick there. I watched Murray vs Ferrer last Monday, I thought all of lights etc were bit gimmicky yet strangely enjoyable! 

Murray didn't turn up, all focus on Davis cup was evident. He was even practicing on clay leading up to this tournament... I doubt he actually wanted to play here. Not that effort wasn't there just no real desire, and without that against these top players you will lose badly

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Ooooh, a good pick there. I watched Murray vs Ferrer last Monday, I thought all of lights etc were bit gimmicky yet strangely enjoyable!

Yeah kind of felt the same!

Decent enough game with some great shots from both players but Murray made far too many unforced errors. But as a whole I really enjoyed it and will try to get tickets for next year.

Will the final be screened on BBC tomorrow? I know Sky got rights to evening fixtures but I thought the final might be the exception and get screened on both channels?

EDIT- it is on BBC2 at 6pm in case anyone is interested. 

Edited by The Blur

I enjoyed World Tour finals and reading about tennis in the programme I bought, I'm thinking of following tennis bit more closely next year as it would be a nice change to follow an individualised sport with so many characters on the tour rather than a team sport so I am just asking on here- how closely do you all follow tennis and in what manner that you do- websites, televised matches etc? 

Edited by The Blur

I guess we have to say the 100th seed davis cup debutant bottled it.  :)

Now it's over to the real competition Andy Murray vs Belgium.

Edited by Guest