Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Hopefully Murray finds time to play next year - understand he will when we play Japan in the 1st around but the 2nd round might be difficult schedule wise.

He will play to keep us in the world group and then not bother I should imagine.

Trophy is won, done and dusted, it's not a trophy the big names tend to chase more than once due to the extra strain.

• 1 month later...

aus open less than two days old, nadal is gone, wozniaki is gone, anderson is gone (jerzy jankowic is battered like a fish). so decent shocks and some good games. heather watson was in a right scrap yesterday but lost unfortunately. 

konta made up for that for our women by annihilating venus williams. murray strolled though. 

what looked like a pretty tough quarter is now massively open in the men's with nadal and anderson gone. stan the man will be happy. 

Could anyone please tell me Murray's likely route to the final?

quarter, semi and final likely opponents?

Murray has got about as easy a draw as he could want, really. No dangerous names in his quarter with no one who has caused him problems in the past, and Nadal being out simplifies things still further.

His likely quarter final opponent by seeding is Ferrer, someone he might have had problems with a couple of years back, but no longer. Semifinal likely to be Wawrinka, and the first sizeable challenge. If he makes it through that, it's Djokovic in the final, which would of course be a mammoth but not impossible task.

Could anyone please tell me Murray's likely route to the final?

quarter, semi and final likely opponents? 

probably tomic, then isner or ferrer, then wawrinka then djoko. pretty much a cakewalk til the semis unless he fu cks up somewhere 

Murray has got about as easy a draw as he could want, really. No dangerous names in his quarter with no one who has caused him problems in the past, and Nadal being out simplifies things still further.

His likely quarter final opponent by seeding is Ferrer, someone he might have had problems with a couple of years back, but no longer. Semifinal likely to be Wawrinka, and the first sizeable challenge. If he makes it through that, it's Djokovic in the final, which would of course be a mammoth but not impossible task.

probably tomic, then isner or ferrer, then wawrinka then djoko. pretty much a cakewalk til the semis unless he fu cks up somewhere 

Thank you both  :thumbup:

Or if the missus goes into labour.

Imagine the scene. Final, 2 sets apiece, 5-4 with Murray having just broken and about to serve for the match.

Beeper of one of the support team goes off (that's the plan, apparently), and shortly afterwards a trainer delivers the message to Murray as he's sat down.

Kind of thing that would put a man right off winning the title, isn't it?

Imagine the scene. Final, 2 sets apiece, 5-4 with Murray having just broken and about to serve for the match.

Beeper of one of the support team goes off (that's the plan, apparently), and shortly afterwards a trainer delivers the message to Murray as he's sat down.

Kind of thing that would put a man right off winning the title, isn't it?

Or he'd just think "**** it, I need to get this match over ASAP" and serves four aces.

Well done Konta, cue Kingfox trying to play it down again as much as possible.

Surprised about Nadal, had started to look like he might be playing at something resembling his old level again.

On the subject of Kim where is she? I presume she is in Melbourne he's got no ****ing chance other wise lol. Quite hard to get clearance to fly at all when you are that far gone never mind to Australia.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Well done Konta, cue Kingfox trying to play it down again as much as possible.

Surprised about Nadal, had started to look like he might be playing at something resembling his old level again.

On the subject of Kim where is she? I presume she is in Melbourne he's got no ****ing chance other wise lol. Quite hard to get clearance to fly at all when you are that far gone never mind to Australia.

Play it down?

Just didn't mention it but as you brought it up I will.

As you know Venus does have off days due to health, Konta deserved the win though, yet again she showed a winning mentality something which I've said she has a few months ago.

I quite like Konta tbh, looks a solid improved player with not many weaknesses.

Edited by kingfox

Play it down?

Just didn't mention it but as you brought it up I will.

As you know Venus does have off days due to health, Konta deserved the win though, yet again she showed a winning mentality something which I've said she has a few months ago.

I quite like Konta tbh, looks a solid improved player with not many weaknesses.

Holy shit, actual complements.

You spent the best part of her upcoming playing every result she had down, great grammar there btw.

I played the Halep result down because Halep is an overrated headcase, she lost to a player who hadn't ever won a Grand Slam in about 15 attempts yesterday. The wins against Muguruza were good don't get me wrong, but Konta playing well also went with Muguruza playing badly, Muguruza can hit destruct mode and of course errors win you points.

Christ I had no idea Genie Bouchard had got that shit that she'd actually dropped out the top 32 lol

Take a look at the rankings once in a while ;)

She had so many points to defend last year, hence the drop.

Many top players chuck away matches, nothing surprises me anymore on that circuit, there was a day where if the likes of Kvitova, Ivanovic & Wozniacki lost it would of been a big deal; nowadays it's just so common.

Kvitova & Wozniacki both already out, not surprising in the slightest, nowadays it's just so common ;)