Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Kvitova & Wozniacki both already out, not surprising in the slightest, nowadays it's just so common ;)

I don't think anyone argued with you on that, women's tour has a lot of high players going out early doors, whether you credit that to it being "a joke" as you so eloquently put it or the quality of the chasing pack that is up to you, however, the point, which has been stressed to you on numerous occasions, and by the looks of it given recent comments about Konta may actually of been heeded. Is that yes upsets happen and quite frequently on the womens tour, but when one player Is responsible for numerous upsets as well as continually beating those ranked around her and continually climbing the rankings it's pretty safe to say it is as much about the improvement in the individual in question (Konta in this case) than it simple being a case of "oh it's the womens tour, anything can happen, means nothing"

Well done, Gav!

It's only taken you 11,062 posts to finally get one right :thumbup:

Stop trying to be a sarcastic smart arse, you need to get out more.

I don't think anyone argued with you on that, women's tour has a lot of high players going out early doors, whether you credit that to it being "a joke" as you so eloquently put it or the quality of the chasing pack that is up to you, however, the point, which has been stressed to you on numerous occasions, and by the looks of it given recent comments about Konta may actually of been heeded. Is that yes upsets happen and quite frequently on the womens tour, but when one player Is responsible for numerous upsets as well as continually beating those ranked around her and continually climbing the rankings it's pretty safe to say it is as much about the improvement in the individual in question (Konta in this case) than it simple being a case of "oh it's the womens tour, anything can happen, means nothing"

I know they didn't, just got to point out that I was right for once, me being right is a big deal to you.

Some results are a joke though, these top players do lose to average players who then go on and do nothing further down the line. There is some good youngsters coming up, but I wouldn't necessarily class them as quality, not just yet anyway. The likes of Stephens & Bouchard went up and went straight back down the ladder again, not many of these youngsters are cementing themselves at the higher echelons of the game right now, apart from Muguruza & Bencic.

Course Konta was improving at the time you mentioned her and her run of good results, but I was just pointing across that the likes of Halep & Muguruza are capable of losing against lower ranked players, because it is a common thing in the Women's game.

Stop trying to be a sarcastic smart arse, you need to get out more.

I know they didn't, just got to point out that I was right for once, me being right is a big deal to you.

Some results are a joke though, these top players do lose to average players who then go on and do nothing further down the line. There is some good youngsters coming up, but I wouldn't necessarily class them as quality, not just yet anyway. The likes of Stephens & Bouchard went up and went straight back down the ladder again, not many of these youngsters are cementing themselves at the higher echelons of the game right now, apart from Muguruza & Bencic.

Course Konta was improving at the time you mentioned her and her run of good results, but I was just pointing across that the likes of Halep & Muguruza are capable of losing against lower ranked players, because it is a common thing in the Women's game.

Yes well we all know that, bar Serena and to a lesser extent Sharapova  all of them frequently look vulnerable.

Stephens is a very odd one both in general and this week, was very good last week in Aukland (which she won) and there were a few tipping her as a Dark Horse for the slam, and theb she gets done by a qualifier in two sets in the first round lol.

Yes well we all know that, bar Serena and to a lesser extent Sharapova  all of them frequently look vulnerable.

Stephens is a very odd one both in general and this week, was very good last week in Aukland (which she won) and there were a few tipping her as a Dark Horse for the slam, and theb she gets done by a qualifier in two sets in the first round lol.

You forgot about Azarenka, what you doing man :mad:

Stephens of course beat Serena then everyone was touting her as the next big star, which now doesn't seem the case. Think her main downfall is her attitude, she looks like she can't be bothered most of the time. For a Darkhorse nowadays I'd always go with Bencic, as I said she looks like she'll cement herself in and around the top for a while.

Murray and Konta through to the third round, impressive stuff from both

I watched most of Konta, she did well but certainly some work to be done, some very silly errors. Her opponent was an absolute bag of spanners.

Murray match not even worth watching, no big servers ever get any change out of him unless they've got an all round game and Sam Groth is some distance from having a decent all round singles game.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

True enough, Groth is an opponent pretty much tailor-made for Murray. He and his ilk Murray will always enjoy with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

In other news...farewell Lleyton, rock hard competitor for so many years. Made me some dough at Wimbledon a few times by raising his game to beat bigger names in later years, too.

Edited by leicsmac

Impressive Konta performance thus far. When is she due to bang into another seed? I know 9 (and counting) have gone from her side so far

Ha nvm just sense she guaranteed one next round

Plays the winner of Pliskova vs Makarova. Konta unsurprisingly winning, Allertova is just a basher.

Muguruza playing terrible in her match, will be going out at this rate.

Plays the winner of Pliskova vs Makarova. Konta unsurprisingly winning, Allertova is just a basher.

Muguruza playing terrible in her match, will be going out at this rate.

lol at you claiming to know all about the game of the no.63 ranked player in the world.

Well done Jo. Great week now even if it goes no further.

lol at you claiming to know all about the game of the no.63 ranked player in the world.

Well done Jo. Great week now even if it goes no further.

Unlike you I watch a lot of WTA, which I have mentioned before.

Allertova has popped up a couple of times and you could easily see she was a basher.

Wonder how Konta will be taken by the mainstream public and press who can be varied in their opinions of a nationalised Brit?

Speaking of home players noticed Nasty Nick had a run in with the locals in his last match.

Good question. It's rather sad that we seem to be the only nation who view their naturalised sport stars that way.

Kyrgios is an idiot, but there's no doubt he has lots of talent. If he could find someone to work out what's actually going on between the ears there he'd easily make the top 10 and stay there.

In other news, Murray with zero difficulty against Sousa, as you might expect.

Edited by leicsmac

Upsetting news from a different show court...Nigel Sears, former head of UK women's tennis and Murray's father in law, currently working as Ivanovic's coach, collapses courtside during a match. Play suspended on that court.

Edit: taken to hospital conscious and responsive, which is a good sign. Play resuming soon.

Edited by leicsmac

Wonder how Konta will be taken by the mainstream public and press who can be varied in their opinions of a nationalised Brit?

Speaking of home players noticed Nasty Nick had a run in with the locals in his last match.

Hungarian parents, Born and raised in Australia (represented Australia for four years) and is now based in Spain.  Fair play to her on a sporting level but she made the switch to Britain to gain access to better funding.  Nothing against the rules of course, but she isn't British.

Edited by BlueSi13