Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

I think Serena is dropping a level. To say that, she's dropped from a very high level, but I just think she's now where she'll make most Slam Finals but once there isn't guaranteed to win. Previously once she got to the latter stages of a slam she'd shift up a gear and smash it, but the last two she hasn't been able to do it.

Dropped from a very high level? Really?

She won 3 of 4 Grand Slams last year and is still World Number 1.

She's put these odd performances in for years now, not just the last two slams.

Looking at the latter stages of this tournament, she beat Sharapova & Radwanska pretty comfortably.

Dropped from a very high level? Really?

She won 3 of 4 Grand Slams last year and is still World Number 1.

She's put these odd performances in for years now, not just the last two slams.

Looking at the latter stages of this tournament, she beat Sharapova & Radwanska pretty comfortably.

She'd have walked that a year ago, as she would have Vinci in the US late last year. She can clearly compete and can clearly reach the finals but she's not always going to destroy her opponents like she has in the past, I don't think she can do it at her top level consistently anymore. She'll reach more slam finals, she'll win more, but don't be surprised if she loses the odd final and semi too, whereas previously she wouldn't let that happen no matter who she was playing.

She'd have walked that a year ago, as she would have Vinci in the US late last year. She can clearly compete and can clearly reach the finals but she's not always going to destroy her opponents like she has in the past, I don't think she can do it at her top level consistently anymore. She'll reach more slam finals, she'll win more, but don't be surprised if she loses the odd final and semi too, whereas previously she wouldn't let that happen no matter who she was playing.

As I said though she always has a knack of producing a terrible performance, which basically comes from nowhere. She looked comfortable all tournament, she looked at her dominant best until today.

She has been dumped out of Grand Slams before Semi Finals & Finals, go back to the losses to Stephens, Razzano & Muguruza, she played exactly in the same way against those players as she did against Vinci & Kerber most recently.

She is still blasting players off court, but for years now she has produced a few performances where she looks mentally off & for some reason she gets really tight.

You can't do much about it, and for me I'm getting bored of Djokovic now lol had the extra day rest while Murray went to a five setter...

Error after error from Murray, just mentally loses his game when playing Djokovic, it is the pressure and hold he has on Murray

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Vague signs of life in the last couple of games there. I guess losing a set 6-1 is the same as losing it 7-6 after having served for it in terms of the scoreboard - only one set. First few games in this set are crucial, if he gets broken early on I think that's that.

Edited by leicsmac