Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Anyone been watching Indian Wells? Nadal looking like he has regained some form, will see just how much against Djokovic.

Been watching but Djokovic at the moment is the best player I have ever seen... he is playing in the most dangerous era and winning pretty much everything... unbeatable at the moment. I think he is playing at a level no player ever has

Been watching but Djokovic at the moment is the best player I have ever seen... he is playing in the most dangerous era and winning pretty much everything... unbeatable at the moment. I think he is playing at a level no player ever has

Got to agree with you there, Raonic was my pick for the tournament though so I'll be sticking by that. Djokovic is simply outstanding at the moment and he seems to keep getting better, I can't see anybody winning any of the Grand Slams other than him this year. 

The equal pay thing has come up again.

Can't believe it's even a debate. If you want the same pay do the same job to the same standard.

• 1 month later...

Murray splits from Mauresmo as his coach.

If I were him, I'd be dialling General Ivan's number and offering whatever he wanted - anything - to partner up with him once again.

This ... since the injury and split with Lendl, Murray just lacks that killer instinct. That was evident yesterday, the talent is there but he is lacking on the big points. This is something under Lendl Murray was superb at doing, he was able to take a much higher percentage of the big points. Edited by foxes_rule1978

This ... since the injury and split with Lendl, Murray just lacks that killer instinct. That was evident yesterday, the talent is there but he is lacking on the big points. This is something under Lendl Murray was superb at doing, he was able to take a much higher percentage of the big points.

He was a better player under Lendl but thought he played well yesterday.

Sometimes you've got to look over the net and accept the man in front of you is one of the best players of all time which was the case yesterday. Nole has off days as pretty much every tennis player in history has but they are so so infrequent

He was a better player under Lendl but thought he played well yesterday.

Sometimes you've got to look over the net and accept the man in front of you is one of the best players of all time which was the case yesterday. Nole has off days as pretty much every tennis player in history has but they are so so infrequent

Since the injury Murray is improving but there were points like in several matches beforehand and not necessarily against Djokovic were he has created some excellent opportunities but makes either a wrong decision or bad shot, these weren't really there under Lendl, he was better under pressure.

He had numerous break points yesterday, but at least he is getting those opportunities now, where as before he seemingly wasn't even close to Djokovic. And his clay court game actually is the area he has improved on even better than he was before the injury.

Since the injury Murray is improving but there were points like in several matches beforehand and not necessarily against Djokovic were he has created some excellent opportunities but makes either a wrong decision or bad shot, these weren't really there under Lendl, he was better under pressure.

He had numerous break points yesterday, but at least he is getting those opportunities now, where as before he seemingly wasn't even close to Djokovic. And his clay court game actually is the area he has improved on even better than he was before the injury.

All true, I just thought as well as he did he was never going to beat him, even without the errors on big points.

He needs someone other than Lendl if you ask me, people forget his dip in form after winning Wimbledon started well before he and Lendl parted ways, the problem with their pairing is I think they'd achieved everything they set out to do, although who knows after time away and with a fresh set of objectives maybe it could work again.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Murray playing brilliant this week, looking forward to the match today, I think it is going to be close... but have a feeling Murray may do this

First set is crucial. Murray - I don't think - has ever beaten Djokovic when he's lost the first set. 

It's certainly a big chance, though. And he could do with getting one over on Nole with the FO just around the corner.

Bit rainy today lol

Interesting GS this, Djokovic has had numerous stutters this clay court season, given away sets a plenty, got upset in Monte Carlo bagled by Belucci (much to my amusement) and very surprisingly outclassed by Murray in Rome who after a slow start on clay has gone from strength to strength. Nadal playing better and back in the mix as well.....should be interesting, think Andy actually has a genuine chance, never thought I'd say that about him at Roland Garos.

lol

At least your not being a twat about it, very humble of you King fox.

I've always been a humble poster.

Foxestalk favourite Jerzy of course still has a Grand Slam Semi to his name though which makes him far superior.