Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

All a bit strange out there right now. Murray won the first set easily enough against a French wild card, went a break up at the start of the second...and now it's two games into the third and he's not won a game since. Either a physical problem or a major, major head walkabout.

Guest MattP

This is pretty amazing, Bourgue has never ever played a fourth set in his career or a player in the top 50.

He's playing some sensational stuff, sure he'll lose but great to watch someone playing levels above what they are capable of.

French Barry Cowan this dude.

Trying to remember if Sampras won Wimbledon the year Bazza took him to 5.

In any case, even if Murray gets through here I'm not sure how much longer he'll last in this tournament, which is such an opportunity missed as he came into it on a big tide of form.

crazy how poor he's looked in two games here considering how good he looked in the last few weeks. against an over the hill also ran and a complete nobody, too. he lost 8 games in a row before didn't he?! 

Guest MattP

In any case, even if Murray gets through here I'm not sure how much longer he'll last in this tournament, which is such an opportunity missed as he came into it on a big tide of form.

Just had a look for you, was won by Goran that year.

Sampras was knocked out by a young 15th seed from Switzerland called Roger Federer in the fourth round, no idea whatever happened to him. :blush:

Just had a look for you, was won by Goran that year.

Sampras was knocked out by a young 15th seed from Switzerland called Roger Federer in the fourth round, no idea whatever happened to him. :blush:

Who was then nixed by Tim in the following round, who really should have won it that year. But the Powers that run the universe had a different plan and sent in strategically placed rain.

Wimby 2001. Great year.

Murray eventually comes through. Plays Dr Ivo next, which is convenient as he won 12-10 in the 5th set of his own second round match, so lots of effort expended there too.

And 37 and a Taylor made opponent for Murray.

So expect another 5 setter lol.

Needs to get him gone quickly really. Age surface and playing style all heavily in murrays favour.

I always thought it was Agassi that Cowan took to five sets.

I always thought it was Agassi that Cowan took to five sets.

No definitely Sampras. So few were his achievements in tennis that it's actually the main part of the lead on his Wikipedia article. lol

Good to see Gasquet still has that handy self-destruct button for use against Andy.

Though I doubt Wankawrinka will be as accommodating.

Rischaaarrd has played well this week tbf to him and has done well to get back in the top 10. Murray just got too much for him. Stan does seem to have found his game at the right time.

Can't see Tommy bothering Djokovic tomorrow.