Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

cant watch it but, it seems like Murray is having a great game

Trying to think of when he dealt with a dangerous opponent in a big match as well as this. Only coming up with the Madrid 2015 final v Nadal, the Wimby final v Djokovic or the Olympic final v Fed. This is up there with any of them.

But there's still plenty of time for shit to go wrong.

Playing the era he has, to reach all four Slam final is a brilliant achievement by Murray. He might have always had one or two players ahead of him over the years in Federer, Nadal and then Djokovic, but he's certainly a level about all the others. Could be an Australian Open away from completing the Slam after the weekend.

As far as I can work out he's the 10th man in the open era to reach all 4 finals, after Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Lendl, Agassi, Edberg, Rosewell, Courier and Laver. Not sure if I missed anyone.

Edited by Facecloth

Interesting final, I fancy Murray more than usual, Murray may not be at his best on clay but think the same could be said of Novak.

Will be utter hilarious and ridiculous for a Brit to win the French lol there's about 5 clay courts in the country.

Nice to see Garbiñe pull through, if she was to beat Serena in a Slam final then you'd definitely pick Roland Garros as the likeliest destination and thankfully she delivered.

Serena seems very vulnerable recently, a lot of erratic performances in slams where quite a few players have had chances to beat her, beginning of her decline perhaps?

Serena seems very vulnerable recently, a lot of erratic performances in slams where quite a few players have had chances to beat her, beginning of her decline perhaps?

Exactly what I said back in January and you said I was talking crap lol

Exactly what I said back in January and you said I was talking crap lol

Was that before or after she lost to Kerber?

I see it was after, I did say she puts in the odd weird performances in Slams nowadays. Honestly that loss to Vinci was a shock but I'm sure many thought it would be a blip, then that loss to Kerber came and because of the year she had last year I didn't think a full decline was on the cards, she's lost Grand Slam Finals before and played far worse than she did in the Kerber match.

Now though I admit these performances are way more frequent, beaten by Azarenka & Kuznetsova as well this season. This French Open, Mladenovic, Putintseva & Bertens all had chances against her, Muguruza ended up being the one to capitalise on her chances.

Let's see how she does at Wimbledon, another title to defend; however with your statement in January I'm starting to agree with you.

Edited by kingfox

3 consecutive major finals she has lost in now, it is evident for all to see that cracks have started to appear. In today's final she actually never was in it, she was well beaten

2 mate, US Final was contested by Pennetta & Vinci ;)