Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Was that before or after she lost to Kerber?

I see it was after, I did say she puts in the odd weird performances in Slams nowadays. Honestly that loss to Vinci was a shock but I'm sure many thought it would be a blip, then that loss to Kerber came and because of the year she had last year I didn't think a full decline was on the cards, she's lost Grand Slam Finals before and played far worse than she did in the Kerber match.

Now though I admit these performances are way more frequent, beaten by Azarenka & Kuznetsova as well this season. This French Open, Mladenovic, Putintseva & Bertens all had chances against her, Muguruza ended up being the one to capitalise on her chances.

Let's see how she does at Wimbledon, another title to defend; however with your statement in January I'm starting to agree with you.

Of course she's lost in the past, she's not unbeatable, if she was she'd have 60 plus major now lol

But yeah there's been a significant down turn in her since Wimbledon last year, in fact even at times during Wimbledon. She doesn't always move well. Her movement even in the Watson match was terrible. Like you say she's giving players chances now even when she beats them. Not as many 6-1 6-1's anymore. I'm pretty sure she's only won one event since August last year, and that's just not the signs that she's going to stay dominant much at the top much longer.

Like I said back in January though she's coming from a level so far above the others that Serena dropping a level won't mean she'll start losing in first rounds. I mean she's made the last two slam finals and we're talking about her dropping off, she clearly still going to compete, just not obliterate everyone she faces.

Of course she's lost in the past, she's not unbeatable, if she was she'd have 60 plus major now lol

But yeah there's been a significant down turn in her since Wimbledon last year, in fact even at times during Wimbledon. She doesn't always move well. Her movement even in the Watson match was terrible. Like you say she's giving players chances now even when she beats them. Not as many 6-1 6-1's anymore. I'm pretty sure she's only won one event since August last year, and that's just not the signs that she's going to stay dominant much at the top much longer.

Like I said back in January though she's coming from a level so far above the others that Serena dropping a level won't mean she'll start losing in first rounds. I mean she's made the last two slam finals and we're talking about her dropping off, she clearly still going to compete, just not obliterate everyone she faces.

In my opinion she's less intimidating nowadays, her serve is the only thing intimidating about her, the likes of Muguruza can easily match her in terms of power especially. Her forehand has been pretty bad as well, miss timing it to extremes. She's giving players more chances nowadays, just depends how well they handle those situations mentally, Muguruza on that score nailed it today.

Like I said back in January it was a bit too early to consider a possible decline, despite losing at the US she still had a very good 2015. Now though these performances are definitely far more frequent, imagine if she fails to win a Slam this year, definitely cause for concern if that happens.

Andy seems to have got into Novak's head quite a bit?

Considering Novak has been in Andy's head for much too long, it would be a welcome change.

I think the occasion has a lot to do with it too...like last year, Novak knows he's one match away from the Career Slam, and it's messing with his head.

Considering Novak has been in Andy's head for much too long, it would be a welcome change.

I think the occasion has a lot to do with it too...like last year, Novak knows he's one match away from the Career Slam, and it's messing with his head.

Never seen Novak like this against Murray - as you say, it's normally Murray doing the spoils teenager act.