Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

He's likely got the weapons, but then so did (and does) Dimitrov. Only time will tell, I guess.

Murray trying his damndest to shake off the Queens even-year hoodoo, into another final.

He's starting to churn some results out this year, seen him a few times and he's turned over the likes of Cilic Simon dimitrov Goffin and now federer, and he's only 19. He seems to have a rather serious problem beating Dominic thiem or however you spell it....but his progression will be interesting as he enters his early 20s

Murray will win queens I'd of thought, though Raonic is dangerous if a little off top class. Assuming he wins of course.

Does anyone get the impression the top players often lose a set on purpose in these tournament warm up matches.

You see it so often that a Murray or djokovic match goes to 3 sets and then they often convincingly win in the third set. They are getting more time on the court this way and more preparation for the big major.

Does anyone get the impression the top players often lose a set on purpose in these tournament warm up matches.

You see it so often that a Murray or djokovic match goes to 3 sets and then they often convincingly win in the third set. They are getting more time on the court this way and more preparation for the big major.

Jesus, you can tell we are in the run up to Wimbledon. Edited by Manwell Pablo

Jesus, you can tell we are in the run up to Wimbledon.

Haha. Nah I actually follow tennis a lot and something isn't right with it. Its either a massive lack of concentration or something else. Murray is far better than Cilic. There's no way he should be losing a set to him. Aswell as Edmund. Why perform so much better in final set than second set?

Haha. Nah I actually follow tennis a lot and something isn't right with it. Its either a massive lack of concentration or something else. Murray is far better than Cilic. There's no way he should be losing a set to him. Aswell as Edmund. Why perform so much better in final set than second set?

If that were true you'd know it is mainly a Murray thing, Djokovic barely plays any tournament below masters I only recall him playing in Dubai where he didn't drop a set.

Secondly Murray gives away sets frequently, in and out of grand slams. The French last month being a prime example.

Edit: and it may well go three tomorrow but that will be because raonic is capable of pushing Murray not because Murray has thrown a set.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

If that were true you'd know it is mainly a Murray thing, Djokovic barely plays any tournament below masters I only recall him playing in Dubai where he didn't drop a set.

Secondly Murray gives away sets frequently, in and out of grand slams. The French last month being a prime example.

Edit: and it may well go three tomorrow but that will be because raonic is capable of pushing Murray not because Murray has thrown a set.

I just struggle with the integrity of tennis sometimes. When you see all the match fixing going on at lower levels and the likes of kyrgios losing games on purpose because of his temperament.

Another thing I believe happens is when a player gets a break against a top server such as isner, they don't bother trying to get a double break. They know isner is unlikely to break them, so the set is basically won. You see them return serves straight out or into the net and isner then winning games to love for the rest of the set. (reason for this is to preserve energy)

Yes I am cynical and I hope I'm wrong, but you surely must understand where I'm coming from.

Oh and another thing that happens is when in a final set and the player is losing 5-0 or 5-1, so many times you see them basically just give up. Like hitting the ball straight into the net or out of play. This is wrong, they should always fight until the end. Anything can happen in sport.

Edited by apple987

Off day for returning + Raonic serving and hitting well = even-year hoodoo continues.

Shame really, I like it when Murray shows up one-dimensional servebots like Raonic.

Raonics over all game isn't that bad, compared to the isners and karlovics of this world.

Off day for returning + Raonic serving and hitting well = even-year hoodoo continues.

Shame really, I like it when Murray shows up one-dimensional servebots like Raonic.

Bit harsh to lump Raonic in with the likes of Isner, Karlovic or Anderson. Always felt he had a little more to his game than those types.

Raonics over all game isn't that bad, compared to the isners and karlovics of this world.

Bit harsh to lump Raonic in with the likes of Isner, Karlovic or Anderson. Always felt he had a little more to his game than those types.

You both might have a point, Raonics all round ground game is certainly better than, say, Isner.

But there is still no subtlety to his game IMO. Plan A = hit the ball hard, plan B = hit the ball harder. I'm not particularly a fan of players like that.