Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Just seen Kyrgios' press conference.

He doesn't love the sport, only feels motivated when he feels like it and woke up this morning and played video games.

He should give up the game if that's the case, he won't win anything with that shit attitude.

Edited by kingfox

why would he give up? he barely practices and still gets into the second week of majors and is close to a million dollars of prize money. 

money aside, all he needs is one tournament to go right and he'll win it. one day he might play a full week/two weeks and not breakdown, and then he'll have a chance of winning things. if not, his tennis career will just be a career. and he'll get loaded from basically doing nothing. 

As sad it was in a way to watch Kyrgios' demise it was also fascinating viewing to watch a clear talent so blatenly self destruct. I don't think I've witnessed something quite as extreme, certainly nothing comes to memory (you might say Brazil vs Germany in the World Cup, but they froze, rather than score a shed load of own goals with was essentially what Kyrgios did).

It will certainly be interesting to see how the guy develops in the coming years, because although he may mature with age and find more discipline, I suspect he's also always going to be liable to that kind of meltdown. If he does win a major, which is certainly possible, it'd be absolute fireworks.

Murray definitley, Raonic definitley although there will be tie breaks lol 

I feel pretty confident Berdych will have too much for Pouille but we will see.

Got to be Federer Cillic hardest one to call, I think the maestro will win it myself, pretty pissed off I can't watch it as should be a good game. Hopefully a long one which will inable me to watch Murray later.

People keep forgetting Feds record against Murray, Fed has won the last 5 matches between the two, and Murray has only ever beat him once on grass. Yes Fed is older and has had a tough year but he still looks pretty amazing on this surface so far. 

there is no excuse for murray now that djockovic is out if he really wants to go down as one of the greats he has to win this now. funny isn't it if he wins he is British but if he loses he is scottish

Except he's not, tired old joke that.

People keep forgetting Feds record against Murray, Fed has won the last 5 matches between the two, and Murray has only ever beat him once on grass. Yes Fed is older and has had a tough year but he still looks pretty amazing on this surface so far. 

True, but also true that Fed only beat him once in a fair few attempts when Lendl was in his corner last time round. It appears that Murray has similar steel once again now that he's back. Also, he has to come through 2 tough, reasonably in-form players just to have a shot at Murray in the final this time round.

Except he's not, tired old joke that.

Yeah, you can tell it's that time of the year again.

Regarding todays matches...think Cilic in 4 (surprising one), Murray in 4, Berdbrain in 4 and Raonic in 5.

Raonic having a somewhat easier time of it than I thought he might.

Honestly can't see Fed pulling back 3 sets on the spin against Cilic, not unless he has an utter mindmelt.

Ha, shows how far I can see, evidently.

I stand by it somewhat though given the mindmelt Cilic had on two of those three match points he had.

Murrays gonna lose this

Not to put too fine a point on this...but what is the point of Andrew Castle in the commentary box?

To reminds us that he never won a grand slam and hes even more shitter than Tiger Tim

Edited by Socks