Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

I've gone into that before and I'm not going into it again just so Federer lovers can start jumping to his defense again... I've had enough of that crap they spout for a while thanks. :giggle:

Fair enough, but I can't see how any person who is a fan of the sport cannot appreciate all that he has done for the sport both on and off the court. He is one person (along with Nadal over the last year or two) that I would definitely not begrudge having 'lovers'.

You're up there with the Ultra's of this world when it comes to accepting an opinion, you really are. Says a lot about your own argument when you're backtracking before it starts and already calling the people that disagree with you.

VAMOS ANDY.

All I was saying is that I've gone into it before... on this thread I should have added... and was critisised enough that time for what my opinions were... perhaps you should look at your own ability to accept opinions (if you were one of them, if not then the others) before you critisise mine.

Yes, I'll admit that I am very unaccepting of what others think when they believe something different to me when it is on a subject that I take great interest in but I will categorically state now as I'm sure I have done before that I can understand how some people like Murray and think he's good... but every time I try to argue my point that I don't think he is good, I get hurled abuse at because others think my opinions are ridiculous. Its really 6 of one and half a dozen of another really...

Fair enough, but I can't see how any person who is a fan of the sport cannot appreciate all that he has done for the sport both on and off the court. He is one person (along with Nadal over the last year or two) that I would definitely not begrudge having 'lovers'.

Ah... someone not berating me for once for my feelings or posts! :D

Yes, I can appreciate what he has done... he is the most successful tennis player in the past God knows how many years but that doesn't mean I have to like him... and because not all share my views on him, it is, yes, understandable that people do love him too. :)

All I was saying is that I've gone into it before... on this thread I should have added... and was critisised enough that time for what my opinions were... perhaps you should look at your own ability to accept opinions (if you were one of them, if not then the others) before you critisise mine.

Yes, I'll admit that I am very unaccepting of what others think when they believe something different to me when it is on a subject that I take great interest in but I will categorically state now as I'm sure I have done before that I can understand how some people like Murray and think he's good... but every time I try to argue my point that I don't think he is good, I get hurled abuse at because others think my opinions are ridiculous. Its really 6 of one and half a dozen of another really...

Not liking him on a personal level is completely understandable and I wouldn't argue with that. As long as it wasn't in relation to the quotes regarding England at the World Cup. Federer I would probably take issue with as well as I think he is a fantasic role model for people trying to get into tennis. I know I learnt a lot from him, I watched his backhand intensivley and learned a lot from that.

If you still don't think Murray is good after watching that performance, then I really am baffled. He outclassed Nadal and ended up winning the mental battle after it looked like he'd lost it. It's been a while since we've seen a British player have the minerals to step up to a challenge like that, he certainly deserves to win it.

I don't understand why he doesn't follow Jamie's lead and grow some McEnroe hair.

He got that cut at fcking Wimbledon didnt he?! :rolleyes:lol

Well done though Murray, i dont particularly like him, he just seems a miserable bastard. It's not because of his whole i hate England thing, because that was bollocks, blown out of proportion by the media. He just seems a bit of a tit. But well done though, he's done something Henman could never do.....

Not liking him on a personal level is completely understandable and I wouldn't argue with that. As long as it wasn't in relation to the quotes regarding England at the World Cup. Federer I would probably take issue with as well as I think he is a fantasic role model for people trying to get into tennis. I know I learnt a lot from him, I watched his backhand intensivley and learned a lot from that.

If you still don't think Murray is good after watching that performance, then I really am baffled. He outclassed Nadal and ended up winning the mental battle after it looked like he'd lost it. It's been a while since we've seen a British player have the minerals to step up to a challenge like that, he certainly deserves to win it.

Well yeah... I guess it is on a personal level that I don't like him... and Federer too. It has nothing to do with the England quote as I didn't like him before that but I'll say it didn't help any really and only counts against him.

I said Murray is good though... I just said I didn't think he was in the same class as the top 3... clearly I have been proven wrong today but I will be interested to see if he can sustain it and become a challenger for years to come at the top as it is that that I doubt. British or not though, I'll not be supporting him... I just don't like the guy at all... Vamos Nadal for the future! Here's hoping that he can do the Nadal Slam next year! :D

And moving on to tonight's final, here's hoping that Serena can lift her 9th Slam and really start to take back her... sorry the number 1 spot! :Dlol

Well yeah... I guess it is on a personal level that I don't like him... and Federer too. It has nothing to do with the England quote as I didn't like him before that but I'll say it didn't help any really and only counts against him.

I said Murray is good though... I just said I didn't think he was in the same class as the top 3... clearly I have been proven wrong today but I will be interested to see if he can sustain it and become a challenger for years to come at the top as it is that that I doubt. British or not though, I'll not be supporting him... I just don't like the guy at all... Vamos Nadal for the future! Here's hoping that he can do the Nadal Slam next year! :D

And moving on to tonight's final, here's hoping that Serena can lift her 9th Slam and really start to take back her... sorry the number 1 spot! :Dlol

It annoys me that people hold this against Murray at all. So he said he wouldn't support England in the World Cup. Why should he?

Edited by LeeCovFox

If we weren't in it, I would.

The rivalry is different from a Scottish perspective though. England have pretty much always had the upper hand over Scotland, so their fans are going to me more hostile towards us than vice versa. In the same way that Derby and Forest are historically more successful than ourselves, and don't really consider us to be rivals in the same way in which we do them.

Well anyway, in general Scots don't want England to win anything. Murray's no different from them, and I don't blame him at all for it.

What Murray didn't realise was, the majority of his fan-base are English. For him to come out and publicly say what he said, was a massive kick in the teeth.

It annoys me that people hold this against Murray at all. So he said he wouldn't support England in the World Cup. Why should he?

I don't really hold it against him as such... just know that he said it and it's not something that endears him to people is it... had I liked him before he said it, I still would have like him... and also, were he to say he loved Leicester City FC and loved their fans now, I still would hate him regardless so it's irrelevant what he says really. :thumbup:

Edited by FilboFox

What Murray didn't realise was, the majority of his fan-base are English. For him to come out and publicly say what he said, was a massive kick in the teeth.

exaclty, this has been done to death in other threads. If Murray relied on scottish only support he'd have a few thousand tops. To see everyone gather at Wimbledon and support him after that for me is baffling.

I would really love Federer to kick his arse in the final.

Murray's in the top four now as well isn't he?

He'll be 4th regardless of where he finishes this US Open... and thankfully Nadal will be pulling away as Number 1 as he'll gain points from this year... Djokovic moves down a few points though as he got to the final last year and Federer could lose points if Murray wins the Open but if he wins, he'll have no more, no less.