Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

For me I think my opinion of him totally changed in the 4th set

At 1-0 he had so many chances to break Nadal, and bar a few aces/unreturnable serves, Murray went very tight and played completely different points to those he played at deuce.

After losing it and going 1-1, he went in a massive paddy and threw away his next service game, literally handing it Nadal on a plate for 2-1.

At that point you think 'oh no here we go again, he'll pretend he has an injury and start moaning'. But no, he fought back in that set like I've never seen him do before. His attitude for me is the only thing preventing him being a top 3 player, and today he very much impressed.

With regards the England comments, Bert has nailed it for me, it's not his comments on our teams that leaves a bitter taste, its his disrespect for the support he gets every year. With Tim Henman retired most British Wimbledon fans have adopted him as their own and been completely behind him in the wimbledon matches. Very naive of him to react how he has but on the other hand there is no problem with being patriotic and proud of your country, he should just recgonise if he only had Scot fans he'd play infront of a 200 person crowd in the Summer.

Looking forward to the final, win or lose he has definitely done himself proud this week and can take a lot of heart from it.

Edited by Benji

I would agree with what Benji said... all apart from my attitude changing of him. When I saw his little hissy fit I thought, what a loser... just get on with it! And he did, so well done... but I can't say that I like him any more because of it.

Edited by FilboFox

I would agree with what Benji said... all apart from my attitude changing of him. When I saw his little hissy fit I thought, what a loser... just get on with it! And he did, so well done... but I can't say that I like him any more.

Do you not play sports of any kind?

When things don't go your way, do you just say, ah well, never mind? Sport at the top level is very intense and played at extreme pressure, especially when being screened worldwide, and being played on one of the ultimate arena's.

Even in amateur sport, people get frustrated when things don't go their way. These athletes, have a lot more at stake.

May I ask why?

Of course you can.

It's because of the situation he did it in. If you've just won a slam, ok fair does, you have license to go a bit OTT, but not when you've just won a game to get into (i think) the quarter finals. And if you've beat one of the top 3 players aswel, fair enough, but he didnt.

And i dont like his just general OTT attitude, like whenever he wins a point he's fist pumping etc... i just dont like it, i find it cringeworthy, and think it makes him look like a bit of a tosser. Federer doesnt do it, Nadal doesnt do it, why does he? They do when they win important points, but Murray does it when he wins a point.

Why? I thought it was fantastic when he first whipped out his guns at Wimbledon. Amused me no end. Can't believe he out-gunned the one man gun show himself. I don't think I've said the word gun enough in this post. Gun.

I didn't think you was gunna post something like that. :unsure:

Why? I thought it was fantastic when he first whipped out his guns at Wimbledon. Amused me no end. Can't believe he out-gunned the one man gun show himself. I don't think I've said the word gun enough in this post. Gun.

It amused me aswel 'pops, but not in a good way. A laughing at him sort of sense. I just thought it was a bit embarrassing, not the way a tennis player goea about his business. Plus its not like hes even got big muscles. lol

It amused me aswel 'pops, but not in a good way. A laughing at him sort of sense. I just thought it was a bit embarrassing, not the way a tennis player goea about his business. Plus its not like hes even got big muscles. lol

That's what makes me laugh the most.

It's like me whipping my cock out when I'm stood next to Dion Dublin.

Do you not play sports of any kind?

When things don't go your way, do you just say, ah well, never mind? Sport at the top level is very intense and played at extreme pressure, especially when being screened worldwide, and being played on one of the ultimate arena's.

Even in amateur sport, people get frustrated when things don't go their way. These athletes, have a lot more at stake.

Yes, I do it too and get very annoyed with myself but he is a professional and it isn't just him getting frustrated... most other players will get annoyed, start talking/shouting to/at themselves as I do too and then tell themselves to calm down for the next point as they need a clear head... Murray on the other hand starts swearing and flailing his arms around like some lunatic... sometimes he redresses himself and gets ready for the next point but at other times, he just completely loses it... and don't say he doesn't as I've watched a match where he actually gets a warning from the umpire for his language!

Yes, the stakes are high and I'm not one for not showing any emotion but sometimes he takes it way too far and that is one of the qualities I don't like about him.

Yes, I do it too and get very annoyed with myself but he is a professional and it isn't just him getting frustrated... most other players will get annoyed, start talking/shouting to/at themselves as I do too and then tell themselves to calm down for the next point as they need a clear head... Murray on the other hand starts swearing and flailing his arms around like some lunatic... sometimes he redresses himself and gets ready for the next point but at other times, he just completely loses it... and don't say he doesn't as I've watched a match where he actually gets a warning from the umpire for his language!

Yes, the stakes are high and I'm not one for not showing any emotion but sometimes he takes it way too far and that is one of the qualities I don't like about him.

Maybe just passionate?

Just what I thought when I saw him doing it... although my reaction was more along the lines of calling him several expletives and tutting a lot at the screen... what on earth made him think he could do that? lol

Maybe just passionate?

Without a doubt... but I still think he could tone it down a bit as sometimes its OTT. Take Serena Williams for example... I LOVE Serena and think she is fab... she has real passion and shows it without swearing and going over the top... you will always see her screaming COME ON and the like when she is playing and when things go wrong she will mutter away to herself and perhaps smash a racquet occasionally but she is never as crazy as Murray is sometimes...

I guess it's because I already don't like him that I find fault in the things he does but that won't change, we'll just have to agree to disagree on Murray from now on. :)

Just what I thought when I saw him doing it... although my reaction was more along the lines of calling him several expletives and tutting a lot at the screen... what on earth made him think he could do that? lol

He's the darling of the Wimbledon crown dont ya know lol

And also Bert, well summed up a minute ago lol lol :thumbup:

Edited by The Reverend

He is indeed. He was guaranteed that no matter what tonight's result was. I would imagine that fourth will be as high as he can go even if he wins tomorrow though.

And for some time still aswell...

In the points rankings, there is more chance of Djokovic catching Nadal than there is of Murray catching Djokovic. Still a way to go yet...

I didn't think you was gunna post something like that. :unsure:

Deary me Bert, deary me.

I thought it was an amusing way of showing people he'd bulked up a bit before Wimbledon (when he did it there). He should've saved it in the US open for when he played Nadal. It would've been fantastic if he'd beaten Nadal and whipped out the guns.

Really hope Murray can do it tonight, would be some year for him. What time is the final tonight?

I did say Murray would win the US Open in the Wimbledon thread couple of months ago, I just hope he can pull it off. Will be some achievement if he can, I didnt watch any of the Nadal match, was it that Murray was just better or was Nadal poor?