Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Really hope Murray can do it tonight, would be some year for him. What time is the final tonight?

I did say Murray would win the US Open in the Wimbledon thread couple of months ago, I just hope he can pull it off. Will be some achievement if he can, I didnt watch any of the Nadal match, was it that Murray was just better or was Nadal poor?

10pm I think, Sky Sports 1

Really hope Murray can do it tonight, would be some year for him. What time is the final tonight?

I did say Murray would win the US Open in the Wimbledon thread couple of months ago, I just hope he can pull it off. Will be some achievement if he can, I didnt watch any of the Nadal match, was it that Murray was just better or was Nadal poor?

Murray was sublime, Nadal was excellent in patches but Probabley not quite 100%. If he had been at the top of his game from the off it would of been some game.

Was it that Murray was just better or was Nadal poor?

I'd say Murry played brilliantly, so much has improved of late compared to when they previously met. His service is now a real weapon too.

After one rally that Murry won, Nadal was bent over double gasping for air. Something i'd never seen before!!

Of course you can.

It's because of the situation he did it in. If you've just won a slam, ok fair does, you have license to go a bit OTT, but not when you've just won a game to get into (i think) the quarter finals. And if you've beat one of the top 3 players aswel, fair enough, but he didnt.

And i dont like his just general OTT attitude, like whenever he wins a point he's fist pumping etc... i just dont like it, i find it cringeworthy, and think it makes him look like a bit of a tosser. Federer doesnt do it, Nadal doesnt do it, why does he? They do when they win important points, but Murray does it when he wins a point.

The reason he did it when he did it was because he knew he was playing Nadal in the next round, obviously something Nadal is well known for. Not mind games as such, just to add to the occasion and show that he isn't scared of Nadal and his power.

I am a big Rafa Nadal fan, but I have to take my hat off to Murray, he has been sensational.

I have never really liked Murray, he is so dull and a little arrogant at times but If he continues playing in this way he can really ruffle a few more feathers.

I think Federer will beat him though. (I think I will be hoping he does as well)

I think it's unfair to say that maybe Nadal wasn't a little tired. Murray out at the first hurdle in the olympics, Nadal wins. Nadal has been going further in every competition (exc 1) and plays such a physical game, he's bound to be a bit tired. I'm not taking anything away from Murray, I hate him but he played some great tennis. He fully deserved the victory, the tennis from both players was of a high quality and so victory was no mean feat. Nadal also got further than he tends to in the US, and it seems he is continuing his improvement.

I see Fed winning in 4 sets tonight. No doubt Federer will be a little nervous and maybe Murray could learn something from the Wimbledon final. There is no reason why he can't push him all the way, but I see him coming up a little short.

I think it's unfair to say that maybe Nadal wasn't a little tired. Murray out at the first hurdle in the olympics, Nadal wins. Nadal has been going further in every competition (exc 1) and plays such a physical game, he's bound to be a bit tired. I'm not taking anything away from Murray, I hate him but he played some great tennis. He fully deserved the victory, the tennis from both players was of a high quality and so victory was no mean feat. Nadal also got further than he tends to in the US, and it seems he is continuing his improvement.

I see Fed winning in 4 sets tonight. No doubt Federer will be a little nervous and maybe Murray could learn something from the Wimbledon final. There is no reason why he can't push him all the way, but I see him coming up a little short.

And Murray hasnt this season?

The reason he did it when he did it was because he knew he was playing Nadal in the next round, obviously something Nadal is well known for. Not mind games as such, just to add to the occasion and show that he isn't scared of Nadal and his power.

I understand that, i just thought it was a bit childish. Nadal has big muscles and power, but do you ever see him flexing his bicep to prove it? No, because he has something called 'class'.

I'm not being xenophobic, but i wouldnt expect anything less from a Scot.

I love it when Murray shows his muscles, gets you buzzing. When he punches the air I usually find myself doing it aswell, nobody can say its an OTT attitude or not because nobody will ever know what its like in that situation.

Come on Andrew.

No, i dont know what it's like to be in that situation. But the other players do, and they dont go overboard like he does, so why does he? It's his 'me against the world' attitude, which is completely untrue aswel.

At the end of the day im neutral, i'm not that bothered who wins tonight, i'll be watching and i hope the best man wins. If thats Murray, good on him. If its Federer, fair play.

I understand that, i just thought it was a bit childish. Nadal has big muscles and power, but do you ever see him flexing his bicep to prove it? No, because he has something called 'class'.

I'm not being xenophobic, but i wouldnt expect anything less from a Scot.

Fair enough if that's how you percieve it. I would class it as a bit of banter between two players, just like you'd see in Football. Like when Ferguson took the piss out of Mourinho for the Chin-Up stuff.

Fair enough if that's how you percieve it. I would class it as a bit of banter between two players, just like you'd see in Football. Like when Ferguson took the piss out of Mourinho for the Chin-Up stuff.

To be honest i actually would like to see him win i think.

Although i was listening to the radio earlier, and all the Scot's were ringing up saying 'oh, eee's no British, he's Scottish!', and that annoyed me. They do have a point, and i bet thats how Murray feels aswel.