Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Why, enough Brits complain when we don't have any decent sportsmen or women and then when one comes along people still complain.

1) I don't like him. (Abit like the arguement that went on in the Calzaghe thread I suppose with Jack)

2) He didn't want England to do well in the Euro's a few years ago, I don't want him to do well - Could say we'd be the same if it was Scotland I suppose, though being in that much spotlight wanting British people (A majority made up of England) and expecting them to still support him, He can fook off. That's not saying he should have come out wearing and England shirt, supporting them all the way, but like certain sports people how hard is it to keep your mouth shut and say nothing, or be a politition like and if asked a question of the subject work round it.

3) I'm not into Tennis (Not really that bothered)

Edited by Matt

2) He didn't want England to do well in the Euro's a few years ago, I don't want him to do well - Could say we'd be the same if it was Scotland I suppose, though being in that much spotlight wanting British people (A majority made up of England) and expecting them to still support him, He can fook off. That's not saying he should have come out wearing and England shirt, supporting them all the way, but like certain sports people how hard is it to keep your mouth shut and say nothing, or be a politition like and if asked a question of the subject work round it.

:yawn:

We compete for Great Britain in Tennis, not in football. He said what you'd expect him to say. I know I wouldn't care about Scotland if it was me being asked the question.

To use that as a reason not to like him is quite frankly ridiculous.

:giggle: Dear oh dear.

Do you base all your reasoning on what football teams famous people support?

Matt can dislike Murray if he wants.

I hate Steven Gerrard, is that wrong because we're both English :unsure: ?

I like Steven Gerrard. (:o lildave3, I like someone

As I said in the Calzaghe thread when everyone was jumping on the "You just can't hate a British/Welsh sportsman" against Jack, It's called an opinion, something that is frown upon on this (And probably many) forum.

I think slowly people are realizing this fact, I think I have seen a few ("Well respected" members) people mention this somewhere recently.

Edited by Matt

As I said in the Calzaghe thread when everyone was jumping on the "You just can't hate a British/Welsh sportsman" against Jack, It's called an opinion, something that is frown upon on this (And probably many) forum.

I respect people's opinions but I just don't understand why some people (not necessarily yourself or anyone else on this forum) will moan about Britain having no good sportspeople, and then moan about them when they come good. As for Murray, I can see why people perhaps might not embrace his personality but I think his actual game and passion on court is superb for British sport.

• 6 months later...

Federer wins 6-4 6-4.

It's only best of 3 sets, and playing Nadal best of 5 is another matter, but maybe, just maybe, Federer can finally win the French Open which starts next week.

Edited by maddog

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On another note aside from Murray... Safina as the women's world number one? Give it a rest, she's crap and hardly wins a thing when she has to play the top players!

And now she's just lost the first set 7-6 to some person I've never heard of called Barrois...

Edited by FilboFox

On another note aside from Murray... Safina as the women's world number one? Give it a rest, she's crap and hardly wins a thing when she has to play the top players!

And now she's just lost the first set 7-6 to some person I've never heard of called Barrois...

She's not won a grand slam.