Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Just seen the Taylor Dent result: won in 5 sets but the last set was a tie-break. I always thought the last set just carried on until someone wins by two games in a grand-slam. :unsure:

After some hardcore research (Wiki :ph34r):

The US Open differs from the other three Grand Slam tournaments in that there are final-set tiebreaks. In the other three tournaments, the fifth set for men and the third set for women continue until someone wins by two games.

Murray yet again fails to live up to the hype. He was bookies' favourite going into this year's Aussie Open, he had the support of the nation going into Wimbledon and was seeded no. 2 in the US Open - but he's still not managed to get beyond the semis (and he only made the semis at Wimbledon).

Murray has to start becoming more aggressive and ambitious because his defensive play will only take him so far. I do like him as a player and he's by far our biggest hope but if he doesn't learn fast then he could be another 'nearly man' like Henman.

Del Potro has this one in the bag folks (my bet hopes)

Would like to know the real reason for that Murray performance, Cilic played well but Murray was so listless it was untrue. Writing him off is knee jerk and stupid, but I think he must now actually start listening to those who say he needs to up the aggressiveness.

Nadal is struggling heavily and Djokovic is playing some of the best stuff I've seen him play since he won the Aussie Open.

Yeah, but that's just you being biased, and that's without me having watched any of it.

Murray :crylaugh:

Safina pisses me off. Why is she still #1 in the world, and constantly seeded #1? When was the last time she got to a major final?