Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Yeah, but that's just you being biased, and that's without me having watched any of it.

Murray :crylaugh:

Safina pisses me off. Why is she still #1 in the world, and constantly seeded #1? When was the last time she got to a major final?

Uh, she made the Aussie and French Open finals this year :huh: On top of that she's had a very decent year, winning several big tournaments. I don't understand why it pisses people off that she's #1. It's not like she doesn't try in the grand slams, she doesn't decide the ranking system which has been largely uncriticised, but she's probably the most consistently good player out there at the moment.

Uh, she made the Aussie and French Open finals this year :huh: On top of that she's had a very decent year, winning several big tournaments. I don't understand why it pisses people off that she's #1. It's not like she doesn't try in the grand slams, she doesn't decide the ranking system which has been largely uncriticised, but she's probably the most consistently good player out there at the moment.

Safina still hasn't shown she has the guts to win a grand slam, which matter the most, nobody remembers who wins in Miami, Bejing or Moscow and nobody really cares.

Until she wins a grand slam she won't be considered by fellow professionals or fans the true #1.

And the 3 finals she has made she's looked nervous, played very poorly, and been thrashed in them all.

Edited by maddog

Safina still hasn't shown she has the guts to win a grand slam, which matter the most, nobody remembers who wins in Miami, Bejing or Moscow and nobody really cares.

Until she wins a grand slam she won't be considered by fellow professionals or fans the true #1.

And the 3 finals she has made she's looked nervous, played very poorly, and been thrashed in them all.

What an utterly erroneous thing to say. She won't be RESPECTED as the world number one by the MEDIA!! End of.

It's ridiculous anyway, it's not as if she's the first tennis player to be number one without having won a Slam final, so why her and why now? I just found it a silly comment about her not achieving in the Slams when she's made two finals this year alone. She deserves her status as number one because she's the one with the most points. You can always argue whether she's the best player on the WTA or not, but she's the one with the best and most consistent results, and really, no-one can argue with that.

Amazing, watched the highlights of Nadal being blown away by Del Potro. Only seen him a few times, very decent player.

This Federer match was very good. He is amazing, what more can you say. That shot he just hit, someone will post that when it is on youtube (for those who missed it).

What a man, what a player.

Even Roger seemed amazed at THAT shot! ^_^

Congratulations to Clijsters, what a great player she is. Good to see her back. And Wozniacki surprised me a lot this tournament, the final included. I don't think it will be her last Majors final either...

yes, 2 sets all

who do you reckon will win?

i've gotta go for Federer

To hard to tell but yeah Federer has gone on to win many games in similar circumstances and his record speaks for itself so yeah Federer would be my choice.

Hey Murray lost to the eventual winner, that means Murray is still great!

................. :ph34r:

Murray lost to Cilic who went out in the Quarter Finals...

Moving on from that mistake, a great match by both players... some simply stunning tennis from Del Potro and Federer and it was a well deserved win in the end for Juan Martin. Well worth staying up for!

And Federer lost which makes it all the better. :) No winning all 4 Slams in a row for him!

Edited by FilboFox