Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Del Potro has this one in the bag folks (my bet hopes)

Would like to know the real reason for that Murray performance, Cilic played well but Murray was so listless it was untrue. Writing him off is knee jerk and stupid, but I think he must now actually start listening to those who say he needs to up the aggressiveness.

Smug.

Rubbish, he said himself it's probably the best shot he's ever played. Hitting the ball through your legs and hitting a winner through your legs are very different things, guarantee you he's not done that before.

Especially not in a Grand Slam Semi to give him match point!

Wow we are so shit.

Losing to Poland in the Davis Cup today, now we will play in group 2 of the Davis Cup next year.

We can't even beat fooking Poland, who don't have a single player you would have heard of, a single player who will ever even play in a grand slam, or even an atp tour tournament, yet can destroy our British number 2 player for this match, Dan Evans, effortlesly.

Now we could play any of these countries next year:

Egypt, Hungary, Denmark, Portugal, Slovenia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Monaco, Cyprus and even Ireland.

We should be in the world group simple, with countries such as Spain, USA, Germany, Argentina, France, Serbia, Russia etc.

British tennis is a fooking joke.

And now Andy Murray will leave the Davis Cup team, as he should, theres no point him risking getting injured playing for us in that division.

Wow we are so shit.

Losing to Poland in the Davis Cup today, now we will play in group 2 of the Davis Cup next year.

We can't even beat fooking Poland, who don't have a single player you would have heard of, a single player who will ever even play in a grand slam, or even an atp tour tournament, yet can destroy our British number 2 player for this match, Dan Evans, effortlesly.

Now we could play any of these countries next year:

Egypt, Hungary, Denmark, Portugal, Slovenia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Monaco, Cyprus and even Ireland.

We should be in the world group simple, with countries such as Spain, USA, Germany, Argentina, France, Serbia, Russia etc.

British tennis is a fooking joke.

And now Andy Murray will leave the Davis Cup team, as he should, theres no point him risking getting injured playing for us in that division.

Picking Dan Evans was a big mistake. I know I'm saying that with the benefit of hindsight but we really needed someone with more experience. The likes of Bogdanovic, Goodall and Eaton have all played Davis cup and probably would have been more sensible choices. Ultimately though, when you have someone like Andy Murray who is a guaranteed 2 points at this level, the doubles match is so so important.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8270607.stm

Lithuania away with the winners playing Ireland or Turkey :giggle:

Their highest ranked player is 432 in the world, so we shouldn't have a problem thrashing them, even with our shit players :whistle:

Don't even know if Lithuainia have a tennis stadium somewhere or whether they will be playing in the local park :P

Edited by maddog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Although this is a prestigous event, most of the time everybody is knackered after a long season so results/how they are gained isn't representative imo. Although the scoreline suggest a scrape, 13 break points against 1 however tells a story. It could and should have been easy.

It's very easy and tempting to write Murray off but it would be stupid, especially as Fed will slowly decline and with the possibility of Nadal seeing his career ruined by knee problems.

I've done some calculations to work out if Murray gets through in this or not :giggle:

As far as i'm concerned it's impossible for him to go out now.

If Del Potro wins this set 6-3 he will finish 1st in the group on game difference and go through.

Federer and Murray will have exactly the same games percentage so what the fook happens then i don't know.

If Del Potro wins this set 6-4 or 7-6 he will go out on games percentage, Murray and Federer through.

If Fed wins the final set he's through with Murray.

It's 4-3 Del Potro currently in final set, Del Potro is out if he loses another game, through if he breaks Fed here then holds.

EDIT: Triple break point del potro!!!

HOLY FOOK.

Del Potro leads 5-3, if he holds serve, he's through on games difference and Murray and Federer will have exactly the same games difference sets everything!!!

I'm guessing Murray will then be out because he lost to Federer in their match!!! Bloddy hell.

Edited by maddog

Del Potros going to do it this is stunning tennis, amazing.

Matches won/lost

Murray 2-1

Federer 2-1

Del Potro 2-1

Sets won/lost

Murray 5-4

Federer 5-4

Del Potro 5-4

Games won/out of

Murray 44/87

Federer 44/84

Del Potro 45/88

OOPS

Edited by maddog

Del Potros going to do it this is stunning tennis, amazing.

Matches won/lost

Murray 2-1

Federer 2-1

Del Potro 2-1

Sets won/lost

Murray 5-4

Federer 5-4

Del Potro 5-4

Games won/lost

Murray 44/87

Federer 44/87

Del Potro 45/88

But i think Murray's out down to losing his match to Federer.

How amazing they've won the same number of games out of the same number of games, sets and matches each :giggle:

Had Federer won an extra game in that final set Murray would have been through, amazing.

You've got that way way way wrong! Just look at it again.

It's actually

Federer 44/40

Del Potro 45/43

Murray 44/43

Surely not :P

Murray against Verdasco: Played 36 games, won 19

" " Federer: Played 25 games, won 10

" " Del Potro: Played 26 games, won 15

Total Played 87 games, won 44.

Looks right to me. Murray's anyway.

EDIT: I put won/lost when i meant won/out of thats why Your Murray and Del Potro ones are the same as mine Feds different though.

My feds wrong :o

Out of 84 games not 87 which means Feds game difference is also better than Murrays, so Andy is out, i must have just had 87 in my head when i typed it in for the other.

Edited by maddog

So in Summary:

Murrays game won %= 50.57%

Federer game won %= 52.38%

Del Potro game won %= 51.1%

Considering i tried to add up the total games each player played in my head with the total games won by each player i did pretty well only making the Federer error, and i think that was down to a typo anyway :D

So yes Murray out by the smallest of margins.

Tried to add them up from here aswell http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/...ts/Results.aspx

And theres no - between all the numbers which makes it even harder to read and process in head :celebrate:

Edited by maddog

The other group is much more simple.

Soderling is already through.

If Davydenko beats Soderling he's through.

If Djokovic doesn't beat Nadal he is out.

If Djokovic beats Nadal he also needs Soderling to beat Davydenko to go through.

Because of their set records so far:

Soderling 4-0: Puts him through guaranteed even if he loses tonight.

Davydenko 3-2: Puts him through guaranteed if we wins in 3 sets as his set record would then be 5-3.

Djokovic 2-3: Means even if he wins in 2 sets, making his set record 4-3, he will still go out if Davydenko wins in 3 sets as his record would be 5-3.

So basically Djokovic who won this last year is favourite to go out with Nadal who is already out.