Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Davydenkos just broke Soderling in the final set and held serve he's up 5-2. EDIT: Davydenko wins final set 6-3 and is through.

Looks like Djokovic will be out and the semi finalists will be Davydenko, Soderling, Federer and Del Potro.

Federer should be all over this one :D

Semis

Federer V Davydenko

Soderling V Del Potro

:giggle: on match point Soderling blasted an easy forehand winner miles out

Edited by maddog

• 1 month later...

Murray was due to start his Aussie Open at about 03.30, but Sharapova is involved in an epic match that is still at the early stages of the 3rd set, and Kim Clijsters still has to play after Sharapova before Murray gets on <_< so it's more likely to be about 05.00 start at this rate maybe later.

Sharapova lost the 1st set 7-6, won the 2nd 6-3 but has just gone a break down in the 3rd 2-0 to some other Russian Kirilenko who TBH i've never heard of.

Murray is playing a South African qualifier, Kevin Anderson, who hardly plays in any tournaments, this will be his 3rd appearence at the Aussie Open though, he's lost in the 1st round in the last 2 years and has played in one Wimbledon, losing in the 1st round.

He plays such little tournament tennis that he's only played 30 singles matches since turning pro in 2007. Compare that to Murray who has played nearly 300 singles matches since turning pro in 2005, and you will see that Kev doesn't play much.

He's 23, and 6ft 8in, 5 inches taller than Murray, could that play a part :dunno:

His career high ranking is 95.

He mainly plays challengers, but doesn't play much, although he has reached 1 final of an ATP tour tournament in 2008 on hard court.

I think he's more of a doubles player though having made the Quarters at Wimbledon once.

Theres one slight worry for Murray though, Kev beat Novak Djokovic in June 2008, so should he play the match of his life again then who knows, but surely over 5 sets it will be impossible for him, let me just repeat the fact he has only played 30 singles matches in his career, winning 13 of them, and they're mainly against the sewer rats of the pro tennis world, which is a little harsh but i am harsh sorry.

Chance for Andy Murray to actually attack maybe, he should stroll past him anyway so he should be looking to play confidently and attack, he is far too defensive and is beginning to be worked out by the top players, he lost to Tommy Robredo in the Hopman Cup because Tommy just attacked, he was allowed too by Murrays defensive play, and got the ball in and won. And Robredo has never been powerful enough to trouble the likes of Murray, he's simply too weak, but if Murray allows players like him to attack, then they will they can, they're no mugs and Murray could end up losing.

Thats how he lost to Verdasco in the Aussie Open last year, and his constant stubbornness thinking he can beat anyone playing defensively could ultimately be his downfall in his quest to win that grand slam. Because he will have to be very lucky to beat the likes of Federer, Nadal, Del Potro etc over 5 sets playing the way he does. And guys like Soderling, Verdasco, Djokovic, Monfils, Roddick etc etc will always have a chance against him because they will just attack, and if they get the ball in constantly attacking then they will win. If they miss which they often do against Murrays awesome defensive game they will lose.

His defensive game has won him most of his matches, but he will not win a grand slam without a massive chunk of luck playing like that.

Murray should face Nadal in the Quarters assuming they both make it, and has a relatively easy draw to get to the Quarters, lets hope he gets there and attacks Nadal.

So i could be waiting a while yet, will i stay awake when it starts :dunno:

Sharapova is now 4-1 down in the 3rd set and looks to be going out.

EDIT: Sharapova lost, Kim is showing how to win quickly so Murray will be on shortly, i'm still awake and they've finally got the fooking tennis on BBC2, and to Socceroo fox wish i was there lol

Edited by maddog

EDIT: Sharapova lost, Kim is showing how to win quickly so Murray will be on shortly, i'm still awake and they've finally got the fooking tennis on BBC2, and to Socceroo fox wish i was there lol

I'm not there got to work may go after work on Friday or All day Saturday but not sure i will tbh.

35% is a bit laughable really.

Not overly fussed I will get to see hardly any of this tournament, shitty time difference.

I think the Semis and Final are night matches so they start at 8.00 in the morning here about.

Plus Murray may be on nights next round so the first match starts at 8.00 in the morning our time so if Murrays on 2nd or 3rd could be playing at 10 or 11 in the morning or later.

Edited by maddog

I went for a walk during lunch today and spent 20 minutes on a footbridge that gives u a perfect view of a couple of the backcourts. Was watching David Ferrer demolition some dude and the attractive Karoline Sprem.

Pissed at my dad had VIP tickets and decided to take work collegues instead of me. Free piss all day too.

I went for a walk during lunch today and spent 20 minutes on a footbridge that gives u a perfect view of a couple of the backcourts. Was watching David Ferrer demolition some dude and the attractive Karoline Sprem.

Pissed at my dad had VIP tickets and decided to take work collegues instead of me. Free piss all day too.

I know exactly where you mean, and I've done it before :whistle:

I think the Semis and Final are night matches so they start at 8.00 in the morning here about.

Plus Murray may be on nights next round so the first match starts at 8.00 in the morning our time so if Murrays on 2nd or 3rd could be playing at 10 or 11 in the morning or later.

lol great, because I wont be on my way to / at work then.

Hats off to Elena Baltacha, 3rd round excellent result for her, suspecting she will get handed by Safina though.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Murray's drop from 4th to 5th seed could prove a blessing in disguise because the new 4th seed del Potro really had a fight on his hands with James Blake, could easily have lost the game.

2010 THE YEAR OF THE TOMIC ......you heard it here first.

Lost out in the end but a very courageous performance, never would have guessed he'd take Cilic all the way, definitely a future star.

Baltacha is playing Dinara Safina at midnight tonight live on BBC red button/website so i will be watching.

Murray will be playing in the middle of the night again live on BBC approx 03.30, so don't think i can be arsed to stay up all night again to watch him cruise through, unless the Baltacha match is a really long match.

Baltacha is playing Dinara Safina at midnight tonight live on BBC red button/website so i will be watching.

Murray will be playing in the middle of the night again live on BBC approx 03.30, so don't think i can be arsed to stay up all night again to watch him cruise through, unless the Baltacha match is a really long match.

Yeah I may, and I very much mean may, watch the first set if I'm still up, but chances are I'll be in bed by then. Not really worth it as she's going to get schooled anyway.

Murray's drop from 4th to 5th seed could prove a blessing in disguise because the new 4th seed del Potro really had a fight on his hands with James Blake, could easily have lost the game.

Lost out in the end but a very courageous performance, never would have guessed he'd take Cilic all the way, definitely a future star.

Yeah in the warm up tournaments he beat. Giles Simon, Robbie Ginepri and Berditch (think it was berditch) aswell as Djokovic. Hoping like hell he cracks the top 50 by end of the year but his dad is the worry very possesive and not a qualified coach. But only 17 will improve.