Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Your joking right? Henman disappointed every year. Murray is a class above and actually wins tournaments. :thumbup:

Which shows how poor British Tennis was.

Agreed that Murray is a better player now, no question about that. But I just don't like him due to his attitude/arrogance. Can't stand him really.

Never understand the Henman hate, he was top 10 for a number of years and made the semi finals in 3 of the 4 slams. How many other sportsmen can we boast to have been so near the top of their field?

He was a world class player, but not quite of the sufficient standard to win a slam.

Guest DavidJCW
Never understand the Henman hate, he was top 10 for a number of years and made the semi finals in 3 of the 4 slams. How many other sportsmen can we boast to have been so near the top of their field?

He was a world class player, but not quite of the sufficient standard to win a slam.

I agree and disagree with that statement... he was/is underrated as a player but I think he was of sufficient quality to win Wimbledon and possibly even the French, he just seemed to let the pressure get to him in the semi's every year... it was staple viewing for all the family! lol

Guest DavidJCW

Well I've just finished watching Venus Williams vs Li Na and what a pile of horse shit it was... neither deserved to be in the semi's and hopefully Serena, should she get there, will tear Li Na apart as if she plays like she did today, she will.

Guest DavidJCW
Serina will win now ffs

Azarenko had her chance up a break in the 2nd set and up 4-2 in the tie break aswell now just doesn't look like it in the 3rd.

Not just 1 break in the second, 2. She's blown it now it would seem... not that I'm unhappy about that! :D

Guest DavidJCW

Done, and I can't believe I'm saying this after having watched the first set and a half, but what a match!

Well played to the screaming bitch but Serena completely destroyed her at the end.

GSM S. Williams 4-6 7-6(4) 6-2

Edited by DavidJCW

Done, and I can't believe I'm saying this after having watched the first set and a half, but what a match!

Well played to the screaming bitch but Serena completely destroyed her at the end.

GSM S. Williams 4-6 7-6(4) 6-2

Multi gone i reckon we will be seeing a lot more of Azarenko this year a very good player.....not bad on the eye either :thumbup:

Oh OK... if you say so.

For saying you think men's tennis is 'boring' you are becoming abit of a disabled here by sticking your gash opinion in on it, it's clear you know shag all.

Nadal took Ibuprofen, your previous posts were boring but that was borderline stupidity, you think Nadal is the only one in the tournament needing to take painkillers?

Murray could only beat what was infront of him and he done that with some ease, this crap that Murray was just hitting the ball back and it was down to Nadal's errors haha now that is surely a joke if anything it was Murray's groundstrokes that were causing the errors.

Cilic being in a five setter with Roddick just may get Murray through to the final, Fed was being made to work by Davydenko earlier this morning, dont know what the score is now though.

EDIT: Federer, 2-6 6-3 6-0 3-3

Even if he was English I'd dislike him cos he's an arrogant twat.

So what if he is arrogant, near enough all the successful sportsmen are arrogant it's the reason people like them, look at Floyd Mayweather now, everyone hated him but surprisingly people like his arrogance.

Oh wait are we still pissed off that a Scottish born Andy Murray didnt want England to win the World Cup four years ago? Grow up.

Edited by Uncle Albert

lol

I didn't even care when he said he'd support anyone but England in the World Cup... he's Scottish so he would say that.

I just don't like him for his attitude on the court and the way he plays. It may be so some people's taste but I can't stand him. That's just the way it is.

He's a good player but I'll never cheer him on even if he is British/Scottish.

On that subject of our wonderful football team. I take it you wont be wanting them to win the World Cup. Given that they are all twice as arrogant as Andy Murray, not to mention the fact that they're a bunch of greedy, womanising, under achieving, spoilt, overpaid bottlers.

On that subject of our wonderful football team. I take it you wont be wanting them to win the World Cup. Given that they are all twice as arrogant as Andy Murray, not to mention the fact that they're a bunch of greedy, womanising, under achieving, spoilt, overpaid bottlers.

:chant: You've been owned!

I agree and disagree with that statement... he was/is underrated as a player but I think he was of sufficient quality to win Wimbledon and possibly even the French, he just seemed to let the pressure get to him in the semi's every year... it was staple viewing for all the family! lol

:crylaugh:

Edited by martyn

Interesting, weird match on now, Djokovic was 2-1 up in sets now he's a break down in the 5th set.

Murray was absolutely outstanding against Nadal, i watched it again on the replay and he just was in control in all the points.

Some of his cross court backhands hitting the lines were totally ridiculous.

Lets hope he don't play too defensive against Cilic like he did at the US Open because he will just dictate the play, and if Cilic gets his shots in he will win again.

Guest DavidJCW
For saying you think men's tennis is 'boring' you are becoming abit of a disabled here by sticking your gash opinion in on it, it's clear you know shag all.

Nadal took Ibuprofen, your previous posts were boring but that was borderline stupidity, you think Nadal is the only one in the tournament needing to take painkillers?

Murray could only beat what was infront of him and he done that with some ease, this crap that Murray was just hitting the ball back and it was down to Nadal's errors haha now that is surely a joke if anything it was Murray's groundstrokes that were causing the errors.

Cilic being in a five setter with Roddick just may get Murray through to the final, Fed was being made to work by Davydenko earlier this morning, dont know what the score is now though.

EDIT: Federer, 2-6 6-3 6-0 3-3

So what if he is arrogant, near enough all the successful sportsmen are arrogant it's the reason people like them, look at Floyd Mayweather now, everyone hated him but surprisingly people like his arrogance.

Oh wait are we still pissed off that a Scottish born Andy Murray didnt want England to win the World Cup four years ago? Grow up.

Did you even watch the match?

Who are you to say what I know and don't... obviously many players take pain killers throughout the tournament but in this case someone was arguing that Nadal wasn't injured prior to the match started so I said that he'd been taking Ibuprofen before the match for the knee problem... a problem which clearly hampered him at times during the match.

And clearly you weren't watching the same match as I was cause Murray at times was just getting the ball back in. There was no pace on his shots, no real spin and it was easy for Nadal to get to but he did make lots of mistakes. However, I'm not saying all of Murray's shots were like that. He did play very well and in the end, based on how Nadal and Murray performed, he deserved to win and go through.

As for his arrogance that people keep going on about, well yes it's annoying as he's won fyck all yet... players like Federer and Nadal can get away with it as they both have numerous Slams... Murray? But for me it's more the way he plays and how he's so fvcking miserable the whole time. He's just not a player I like to watch that's all.

Edited by DavidJCW

Guest DavidJCW

I never said anything about his arrogance... I was talking about him being the most miserable sod on the planet when playing and that I can't stand.

He is rather arrogant too though...