Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Guest DavidJCW
lol Some people do make me laugh.

Miserable? Would you like him to wear a jesters hat and clown shoes while playing?

:rolleyes:

There are some very upbeat and positive tennis players out there that make tennis enjoyable to watch... for me, Murray certainly isn't one of them.

He got to the semi's on one occasion and could and possibly should have gone all the way...

Seriously, I'm not trying to pick an argument with you, but you are talking absolute bollocks 90% of the time.

Tim Henman, French open performance timeline.

1996- 1st Round

1997- 1st Round

1998 - 1st Round

1999 - 3rd Round

2000 - 3rd Round

2001 - 3rd Round

2002 - 2nd Round

2003 - 3rd Round

2004 - Semi Final

2005 - 2nd Round

2006 - 2nd Round

2007 - 1st Round

So yeah, 1 semi final and then the next best effort a succesion of 3rd round exits. Definitely indicative of a player with the ability to win the French.

Henman was a serve volleyer, save for 1 year where this inexplicably proved a good tactic, this type of tennis is never going to get it done at Roland Garros.

As for Nadal being hampered "at times" against Murray, you're completely correct. I believe this hampering occurred at 6-3, 7-6, 1-0 15-15, couldn't have happened at a more incovenient time for Rafa.

Edited by martyn

Guest DavidJCW
.....So the first thing you look for in a positive tennis player is their ability to smile? :giggle:

I don't go looking for things in tennis players... I just don't like Murray.

Guest DavidJCW
Seriously, I'm not trying to pick an argument with you, but you are talking absolute bollocks 90% of the time.

Tim Henman, French open performance timeline.

1996- 1st Round

1997- 1st Round

1998 - 1st Round

1999 - 3rd Round

2000 - 3rd Round

2001 - 3rd Round

2002 - 2nd Round

2003 - 3rd Round

2004 - Semi Final

2005 - 2nd Round

2006 - 2nd Round

2007 - 1st Round

So yeah, 1 semi final and then the next best effort a succesion of 3rd round exits. Definitely indicative of a player with the ability to win the French.

Henman was a serve volleyer, save for 1 year where this inexplicably proved a good tactic, this type of tennis is never going to get it done at Roland Garros.

As for Nadal being hampered "at times" against Murray, you're completely correct. I believe this hampering occurred at 6-3, 7-6, 1-0 15-15, couldn't have happened at a more incovenient time for Rafa.

What part of ONE is bollocks then?... not several times, once. And that year he had a pretty good shot at winning it.

And I find it hard to believe that Nadal's knee wasn't causing a few movement problems from the off... maybe not physically but possibly mentally more than anything it could have had some effect.

Edited by DavidJCW

I don't go looking for things in tennis players... I just don't like Murray.

Amazing British Sportsmen ever get anywhere with support like that, lol. "Don't like you, dunno why, just don't"

What part of ONE is bollocks then?... not several times, once. And that year he had a pretty good shot at winning it.

No he didn't :crylaugh:

Edited by Manwell Pablo

By that logic he could and should have won about 4 Wimbledons, a US open and probably about 30-40 career titles as well then?

That French Open record serves to illustrate a point, Henman was not good on clay. As such, why should he have gone on to beat Guillermo Coria, arguably the best clay courter of that period in the semis before a final against an Argentinian clay courter on a ludicrously hot run?

Edited by martyn

Guest DavidJCW
Amazing British Sportsmen ever get anywhere with support like that, lol. "Don't like you, dunno why, just don't"

What has anyone's place of birth got anything to do with it?

I've already explained why I don't like Murray, he's a surly, miserable, arrogant tit and I can't stand his attitude on court. Others definitely don't agree with me but that's their problem, not mine.

I really like Laura Robson and she's British...

I've already explained why I don't like Murray, he's a surly, miserable, arrogant tit and I can't stand his attitude on court. Others definitely don't agree with me but that's their problem, not mine.

Disgusting. I don't know what kind of website you think this is but........

Born in Australia though :giggle:

Guest DavidJCW

Still classed as British though, but to me the country of origin is completely irrelevant. I'll support who I like based on their game and personality. :)

Guest DavidJCW

Seems like this Li Na woman can't take part in a decent tennis match... this one is just as bad as last night against Venus!

I hope Serena pulls through as to see Li in the final would be awful...

The whole Murray hating thing is just like the Hamilton hating thing. People spent years saying why can't we have a robot-like, win at any cost type driver like Schumacher, then we get one and people moan he's a robot-like win at any cost type driver. People just like to hate. Its the British way.

I think people should just remember that whilst Murray may not be Federer or Nadal, he's our best tennis player and a country mile ahead of any other British player on the tour. We want a Grand Slam winner in this country, this is the only man who going to get near for a while.

Is this DavidJCW, AjcW?

He is really making me laugh when he says Murray was just hitting the ball back yet Murray won the first set with relative ease 6-3 and the second set to be fair went to a tie-break which he won comfortably, the third well Nadal could hardly walk so..

I really dont know where you are getting this rubbish from that Murray just hit the balls back, god if he is just hitting the ball back then I cant wait to see him actually start playing. :rolleyes:

Go back to giving your boring opinions out on womens tennis.