Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

43 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's a tough sport to be good at, and it's very competitive but I don't think enough is said about how little we produce good level tennis players. I don't really know about the funding though but feel the UK should always be producing sports stars, whatever the sport. General British conditions must make it difficult for kids to get involved and focus on it. 

Basically think the trouble is at the top it’s very elitist and your face has to fit .

Moutet has pulled now one of the most impressive performances in a 1st set vs Top 3 in RG for decades. I always believed that if someone manages to master the drop shots in tennis will right away have a big advantage. His drop shots are drop dead gorgeous. 

He's also focusing shots on Sinner's BH and idk why Sinner doesn't play inside out to counter. Moutet has only 2 ways to win this one, drop shots and BH "spamming". Looks like Sinner is poorly coached? 

28 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Moutet has pulled now one of the most impressive performances in a 1st set vs Top 3 in RG for decades. I always believed that if someone manages to master the drop shots in tennis will right away have a big advantage. His drop shots are drop dead gorgeous. 

He's also focusing shots on Sinner's BH and idk why Sinner doesn't play inside out to counter. Moutet has only 2 ways to win this one, drop shots and BH "spamming". Looks like Sinner is poorly coached? 

Sinner will probably come back to win.

Least it’s a competitive match .

Most if the others today have been straight sets .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Sinner will probably come back to win.

Least it’s a competitive match .

Most if the others today have been straight sets .

Yes Sinner adjusted/adapted and you can see now he's using inside out. Probably 3-1 Sinner, Moutet is getting tired. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

Well done Alex de Minaur!

Don't like Medvedev

Djokovic in a bit of bother but just broken back v Cerúndolo

He just knows how to get it done .

Must need a good rest  though !

Edited by Super_horns

21 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Djokovic in a bit of bother but just broken back v Cerúndolo

He just knows how to get it done .

Must need a good rest  though !

Pulled out with a knee injury before his quarter final.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Not sure that is official but doesn’t look good .

Heard it on the radio sports news earlier, but nothing online yet.

• Like 1

Pleased that Alcaraz beat Zverev who was a miserable whiny git. Alcaraz is something special, his mental fortitude and will to win is very Nadal esque or dare I say it Djokovic, whereas Zverev cannot seem to handle the heat when pressure is really on 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Pleased that Alcaraz beat Zverev who was a miserable whiny git. Alcaraz is something special, his mental fortitude and will to win is very Nadal esque or dare I say it Djokovic, whereas Zverev cannot seem to handle the heat when pressure is really on 

Much more Nadal-esque for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Made me laugh at the start when Henman on commentary stated that Zverev might have the edge as he older and less likely to feel the nerves. He might be older, but he's a serial choker and never won a Slam, and Alcaraz had two Slams titles before today, so definitely is the more experienced of the two in this situation.

20 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Made me laugh at the start when Henman on commentary stated that Zverev might have the edge as he older and less likely to feel the nerves. He might be older, but he's a serial choker and never won a Slam, and Alcaraz had two Slams titles before today, so definitely is the more experienced of the two in this situation.

Absolutely. You feel that if both bought their A games or pressure free games, Zverev might have been the favourite, like he'd probably beat Carlos as often as not in an exhibition match, but one of Alcaraz's great qualities is his mental strength and that's what separates him from the Zverevs and Medvedevs of this world. 

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

She will probably get a lot of stick for this decision.

https://x.com/BBCSport/status/1802291726586950033

Meanwhile Jack Draper has won his first ATP title.

Congratulations to him .

Sensible decision from Raducanu, with her injuries and attempts to get back to her peak condition.

Draper will be British number one and potentially seeded for Wimbledon.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2