Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Rooting for Raducanu to go far!

fingers crossed she stays injury free 

You don’t win a slam without having the ability, she clearly has lacked consistency because of the injuries… so if she can I’m sure we will see her competing in the latter stages again 

Andrew Castle just said during Draper v Norrie that the last time the British number one and two played each other in Slam was Henman v Rusedski.

Erm it was the match before this one Andrew lol

Just now, Facecloth said:

Andrew Castle just said during Draper v Norrie that the last time the British number one and two played each other in Slam was Henman v Rusedski.

Erm it was the match before this one Andrew lol

He clearly means mens but funny lol 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

She’s looked good, and she looks happy and up for it, I’ll be rooting for her now Bottlejob Boulter is out. 

Edited by Pliskin

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He clearly means mens but funny lol 

I knew what he meant as he had Henman with him, but made me laugh and someone will be calling him out on twitter :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

When I watch Raducanu I often feel like she doesn't really need much coaching in term of game plans etc. I think she's naturally gifted and has a great ability to quickly work out her opponents game. She's had her injury issues and prior to that I think she might have had a little too much influence. She just needs to stay fit and play.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

What odds that whoever wins the Draper-Norrie match goes out in the next round (Draper because fatigue, Norrie because inconsistency)?

Well they're british so a good chance.

17 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

What odds that whoever wins the Draper-Norrie match goes out in the next round (Draper because fatigue, Norrie because inconsistency)?

Particularly as they would play Zverev in all likelihood.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Can't see Draper beating Zverev (potentially) after two 5 setters. Norrie is a machine so his fitness doesn't worry me, but as you say he's inconsistent. But so is Zverev, so could be long match strewn with errors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Well they're british so a good chance.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Particularly as they would play Zverev in all likelihood.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Can't see Draper beating Zverev (potentially) after two 5 setters. Norrie is a machine so his fitness doesn't worry me, but as you say he's inconsistent. But so is Zverev, so could be long match strewn with errors.

Yeah, about right all really. I hope that Norrie can at least give Zverev a game.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2024 at 18:28, kingfox said:

Hopefully she can back it up, because her section of the draw is nothing to fear. 

This is the most sense I’ve talked on this thread since I knew Jerzy Janowicz was gonna be a top player :whistle: