Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Alex de Minaur could be a tough last 8 tie but yes winnable.

I think he a higher ceiling than players like de Minaur. Honestly I don’t think there’s anyone that will be intimidating him right now, he can beat anyone on his day. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lionator said:

I think he a higher ceiling than players like de Minaur. Honestly I don’t think there’s anyone that will be intimidating him right now, he can beat anyone on his day. 

Erm, nah, de Minaur will be a massive favourite for good reason if they both get through, and I would say he could not beat anyone in the top 5 on their day no matter how well he plays. He should not be viewed as "Should" be making the semi final just because he's steam rolled three unseeded players, one of which was injured anyway.

I mean it's not impossible for him to beat de Minaur by any stretch but it'd be a great result, he's only got a handful of wins against top 10 players in his career. You give him 2 years I imagine he'll be knocking on the top 10 himself at least I'd imagine, but right now Alex de Minaur would be a very tough game and an excellent win for him and I wouldn't be betting on him to beat him. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Superb from Draper, making this look

so easy. Been a great year with more to come and just to get that consistency without the injuries is a massive boost. 

It is Easy, he's bang on form and Machac has been absloutley honking :-D

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Comfortable for Draper  - good performance.

Again looking like some one sided matches.

Yeah the learning curve is coming, will be interesting to see given his form and his current ability to actually stay fit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah the learning curve is coming, will be interesting to see given his form and his current ability to actually stay fit.

Yeah, de Minaur followed by Sinner (probably) will be a serious acid test of his current form and whether he has the ability to cut it at the top.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, de Minaur followed by Sinner (probably) will be a serious acid test of his current form and whether he has the ability to cut it at the top.

I was more on about de Minaur he aint beating Sinner :-D best he can hope for is Medvedev beats Sinner in five and blows himself out in the process lol

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I was more on about de Minaur he aint beating Sinner :-D best he can hope for is Medvedev beats Sinner in five and blows himself out in the process lol

In all likelihood no, right.

But these matches should still give us information - de Minaur will show us if he's possible top 10 material, and if he gets through that and plays Sinner, the manner of his performance will tell us if he might have the potential to go further.

On 02/09/2024 at 23:49, Manwell Pablo said:

Why? He is capable of beating sinner… I have seen a lot of shocks, and yes it would be a big one but never say never. Anyway like you said he has a task in the quarter final, a good test for him. I think a lot do forget though that he has had injuries which means he has struggled to get to his potential, now he is starting to show it and still young at 22. Getting consistent games and building his fitness, there is no doubt a hell of a lot of ability there 

11 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Why? He is capable of beating sinner… I have seen a lot of shocks, and yes it would be a big one but never say never. Anyway like you said he has a task in the quarter final, a good test for him. I think a lot do forget though that he has had injuries which means he has struggled to get to his potential, now he is starting to show it and still young at 22. Getting consistent games and building his fitness, there is no doubt a hell of a lot of ability there 

He wont beat Sinner in a three set Grand Slam semi final unless Medvedev takes a lot out of him, which is possible, I'm pretty sure of that, you've seen shocks but there are normally some sort of narrative around them Sinner looks extremely solid at the moment, if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I just don't see it. the Injuries you are correct on but IMO people are being slightly over optimistic because they are failing to take into account he hasn't actually played anyone particularly good yet. It's a big step up this evening never mind Sinner, it is winnable though.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I'll change my mind (Although I'm not defending de Minaur as unless his Hamstring has been playing up and he has an excuse, he's been fcking dreadful lol) he might be able to make a match against Sinner very interesting if he plays like this. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'll change my mind (Although I'm not defending de Minaur as unless his Hamstring has been playing up and he has an excuse, he's been fcking dreadful lol) he might be able to make a match against Sinner very interesting if he plays like this. 

I think part of my earlier post about Draper is that he has an elite mentality where he could run through opponents who are at the same level, although I think Sinner will be too good for him. Hope I’m wrong though, he’s got a great chance of winning the thing. 

• Like 1