Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Very good win, Gasquet played amazing in the first two sets and a half and some of his one handed backhands were incredible, one of the best backhands in the game easily. You could argue better than Federer's. Not as consistent but when he hits one well it's quality.

I used to be so much more emotionally involved when watching Henman though, i would be delighted if he won, and totally gutted if he lost. With Murray i just don't feel that at all, and it's not because he's Scottish, i don't know what it is. But i really couldn't care less if we wins or loses and part of me wants to see him lose to a much more exciting, flamboyant foreign player with a decent name and amazing shots.

I don't get that exciting buzz watching Murray that i did with Henman, which is a shame really.

I get a lot more enjoyment watching players like Soderling, Federer, Nadal, Monfils, Davydenko, Del Potro play than i do Murray.

Still hopefully Murray wins against Chela, then possibly Baghdatis in the next round who normally has vocal exciting fans, and he's a passionate, exciting player so i won't be that fussed who wins that one.

It's possible to enjoy watching Monfils? He either floats it back all day or ball bashes brainlessly. A few epic celebrations don't make up for that. Don't like Soderling or Del Potro's game, they are quality players but I'm not a fan of the camp on the baseline and blast the cover off the ball style.

Murray's draw was quite kind after R1, he should really make the Quarters now.

Anyone watching Nadal's match, just started now. He's up an early break but it's far from a walkover, the young lad he's playing looks a future star.

Watched the second set and most of the third, young kid showed flashes of brilliance.

Few cracking rallies, entertaining stuff to be honest.

Nadal's looking in good shape aswell, makes for a good tournament :thumbup:

That was an extremely high quality start to the Murray Chela match, some punishing rallies. Murray looks in decent nick to be honest, if he continues to play well he should reach the quarters although Berdych is a tough potential 4R.

Also, the Monfils Fognini farce was utterly ridiculous. Hope Fognini wins as a massive up yours to the worst crowd in tennis.

That was an extremely high quality start to the Murray Chela match, some punishing rallies. Murray looks in decent nick to be honest, if he continues to play well he should reach the quarters although Berdych is a tough potential 4R.

Also, the Monfils Fognini farce was utterly ridiculous. Hope Fognini wins as a massive up yours to the worst crowd in tennis.

Yea some real punishing hitting in Murray's match, Chela has done well in the second set. Hopefully they can finish the match off now if the rain abates. :fc:

And yes I too would like Fognini to win, I didn't see last nights events but by all means is sounded farcical as you said.

First things first, Soderling Berdych should be a cracker. Both are hitting the ball unbelievably well, will come down to whoever is more consistent on the day.

You're right it should be a cracker and it's not a forgone conclusion, but I was taken aback by Soderling today, his power should be able to counter and nullify Berdych's (slightly less ferocious) power.

Soderling hitting with unreal power. Looked like he was on his way out at 2-1 down and facing break points, but he's now a break up in the 5th, and his serve is getting him out of all the troublesome situations.

Edit: Just as I say that, Soderling double faults giving away a break point, which Berdych wins due to another unforced error.

Edited by ScouseFox

Guest DavidJCW

And he's crashed out again! :D

You've got to love the hype the press put on his chances and how he always seems to fall well short of their expectations... not that I'm complaining if he can keep this up!