Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Guest DavidJCW

Murray had a mare in the tie-break, but he shouldn't be too disheartened, all the top seeds are dropping like flies. Come Wimbledon everything will turn back the right way up, the likes of Nadal, Roddick, Djokovic, and Murray will go deep into the 2nd week despite tame exits here.

You hope...

Guest DavidJCW

He needs a Henman draw for wimbledon.

To be fair, he does seem to keep getting some really tough draws... I don't feel for him, in fact I'm quite pleased he does, but it must be frustrating when some really rubbish players breeze through to the semi's without playing a half decent player!

Hewitt beating Federer is a big surprise indeed!

I think the biggest adjustment for Federer over the next few years is to be slipping down the rankings and not winning EVERYTHING....

I think he could still play until his mid 30's - Agassi won his last Grand Slam at 35 - but whilst I think Federer will win at least a couple more Grand Slams I don't think he'll ever beat Nadal in a Grand Slam final again - injury to Nadal aside of course.

Hewitt beating Federer is a big surprise indeed!

I think the biggest adjustment for Federer over the next few years is to be slipping down the rankings and not winning EVERYTHING....

I think he could still play until his mid 30's - Agassi won his last Grand Slam at 35 - but whilst I think Federer will win at least a couple more Grand Slams I don't think he'll ever beat Nadal in a Grand Slam final again - injury to Nadal aside of course.

Hewitts been playing well, Federer loses matches to lesser players in lower tournaments quite a bit.

But it doesn't matter to him and they're meaningless, it's all about the grand slams over 5 sets where Federer is king.

He lost in the Semis to Soderling and Davydenko in the two warm up tourneys before winning the Aussie Open.

He's lost to Bagdhatis, Berdych, Gulbis, Montanes, Nadal all this year. But he's still won 1 of the grand slams and already won the French last year so that won't hurt him that much.

Federer isn't that bothered about those lesser tournaments, if he played the likes of Gulbis, Montanes, Berdych, Bagdhatis, Hewitt in a 5 set match in a grand slam he would win easily.

Edited by maddog

Bogdanovic lost 24-22 in the 3rd set in his wimbledon qualifier.

Mahut who beat him won his next match and is now in Wimbledon, harsh on Bogdan.

Yea I was following that on live scores last night, didn't think it would ever end lol........and Mahut's got another game hasn't he to qualify, I could have sworn Boggo was 2 games away not 1?

Federer wins. The moment was there for Falla, 2-0 up in sets, 4-4 in games, 0-40 and 3 break points. Once Federer had negotiated that, you always feared for Falla. That should have been the shock of the tournament right there but Federer lives to fight another day. He served for the match in the 4th but never got close really.

Edited by dandannieldanok