Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Wouldn't read too much into a Murray break early on either as Nadal is so far ahead it makes little difference to him.

Err it does make a difference to Nadal. Unlike most tennis players, Nadal fights to his ultimate for every single point no matter what the match situation is. I'm not saying Murray is all of a sudden going to win the match or anything, but Nadal hates losing points and losing games, it will bother him, it has bothered him (just look at the frown on his face ever since the break). I expect Nadal to close it out in 4, hope I'm wrong for Murray's sake.

Guest DavidJCW

Err it does make a difference to Nadal. Unlike most tennis players, Nadal fights to his ultimate for every single point no matter what the match situation is. I'm not saying Murray is all of a sudden going to win the match or anything, but Nadal hates losing points and losing games, it will bother him, it has bothered him (just look at the frown on his face ever since the break). I expect Nadal to close it out in 4, hope I'm wrong for Murray's sake.

And it's 4-4....

Nadal always had an extra gear and even from a defensive position he was hitting winners.

Murray had a chance in the second set tie breaker but after that it seemed inevitable.

:yawn: And they get the same prize money as the men.... :nono:

Yup it's absolutely ridiculous.

Serena spent less than 9 hours on court, thats over 110 grand an hour!

Disgrace. Mahut-Isner match was 2 and a half hours longer than Serena spent on court to win 7 matches :giggle:. Mahut gets about 10 grand for losing in 1st round, Serena gets £1million.

Edited by maddog

Yup it's absolutely ridiculous.

Serena spent less than 9 hours on court, thats over 110 grand an hour!

Disgrace. Mahut-Isner match was 2 and a half hours longer than Serena spent on court to win 7 matches :giggle:. Mahut gets about 10 grand for losing in 1st round, Serena gets £1million.

Disgrace is far too strong a word, but yes I do think the prize-money should be proportional to some extent and the men should perhaps get more. As for Serena, well yes she has spent few hours on court, but you could then argue she deserves all that money because she's destroyed everyone and not lost sets and spent long times on court. :dunno:

Disgrace is far too strong a word, but yes I do think the prize-money should be proportional to some extent and the men should perhaps get more. As for Serena, well yes she has spent few hours on court, but you could then argue she deserves all that money because she's destroyed everyone and not lost sets and spent long times on court. :dunno:

In getting just to the quarter final stage without dropping a set Murray spent more hours on court (11 I think) than Serena spent winning the whole Championship with out dropping a set. So Murray with more court time would still have needed to win three more best of 5 set matches to win the Championship and get the same money as Serena.

Disgrace is a very apt word.

It's not at all lol, how can prize-money parity between the genders be a 'disgrace'. I really don't see what is so offensive about it, I doubt the male tennis players give two hoots.

So if you did a 60 hour working week, and someone else did the same job and did a 20 hour working week, you'd be happy to pick up the same wage packet? Surely your going to feel either they are getting overpaid or your getting short changed, whether your the same gender or not.

Anyway, I know this is probably controversial, but not only do the men play more games, I dare say they attract more interest. A lot of people won't have given a toss about todays game but people will be making plans to make sure they see tomorrows.

So if you did a 60 hour working week, and someone else did the same job and did a 20 hour working week, you'd be happy to pick up the same wage packet? Surely your going to feel either they are getting overpaid or your getting short changed, whether your the same gender or not.

This is sport, it's a complete disparity compared to the jobs you and I do and can aspire to. The winner is going to be picking up £1million, I doubt they'll be complaining to Sue Barker in the post-match interview that Serena Williams picked up the same cheque. Many many players have come and said what a good life it is on the tour, like most sports where you get paid obscene amounts to play the game they love, this really doesn't matter and for me to label it a disgrace is actually very petty and ridiculous, but each to their own.

In 'normal' jobs, it's the opposite, men tend to get paid more for doing pretty much the same job. That is far more of a 'disgrace' than this, because that money is only a living wage, not a fortune like this.

In 'normal' jobs, it's the opposite, men tend to get paid more for doing pretty much the same job. That is far more of a 'disgrace' than this, because that money is only a living wage, not a fortune like this.

This is what everyone should be arguing about, not how much fooking millionaires get paid for playing sport.

What's the difference to us if they get paid £100k or £20m as it's more than we'll ever see in our lifetimes.

• 2 months later...