Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

An incredible match, exhausting to watch, let alone play in.

Djokovic looked like he'd shot it when he lost the tie-break, but somehow kept going to see off Nadal

Andy Murray must be so despondent, though. In any other era he'd be a contender for at least one grand slam event, but with Nadal and Djokovic around, it's not likely to happen for him.

• 4 weeks later...

Thats right theres only 4 tournaments.

:frusty:

Of course the Tennis program last all year round and no one can deny Murrays quality. Great win today and certainly one that he really needed to gain the belief he can beat the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic.

It's not down to lack of ability at the slams his record in the masters events up there with some of the very best players in any era. His problem is the mental side at the slams, he just collapses on the big points, his had chances in the matches he lost but just couldn't take them.

• 2 months later...

Australian open started today, love this tournament.

After 6 Brits made the main draw for the first time in god knows how long, normal service was resumed as 5 are already out, leaving Andy Murray as the only hope for British success yet again. He has a very tough draw though, should be smooth to Round 4 (although Ryan Harrison his 1st round opponent is a decent young talent) where he will potentially meet Monfils, then Tsonga and then Djokovic in the semis should he get that far. Tough ask, and can't see past Djokovic for the title.

Women's side impossible to call as always. Probably Kvitova if shes playing well.

Australian open started today, love this tournament.

After 6 Brits made the main draw for the first time in god knows how long, normal service was resumed as 5 are already out, leaving Andy Murray as the only hope for British success yet again. He has a very tough draw though, should be smooth to Round 4 (although Ryan Harrison his 1st round opponent is a decent young talent) where he will potentially meet Monfils, then Tsonga and then Djokovic in the semis should he get that far. Tough ask, and can't see past Djokovic for the title.

Women's side impossible to call as always. Probably Kvitova if shes playing well.

British tennis bar Murray is ridiculously crap, but then that's common knowledge.

Both Monfils and Tsonga are damn good players but they're inconsistent - they can both hit you off the court and cause even the top 4 trouble if they're in the mood, or they can fold like a deck of cards. Monfils has more off days than Tsonga, which is why he has a lower ranking.

FWIW I think one of them will go out before they even get to Murray, and unless they are on one of their white-hot days I'd pick Murray to outlast either of them in a best-of-5 set match, purely on consistency. The potential for a shock is there, though.

Can't look past Djokovic for the other semifinal spot, and I do think that whoever wins out of Djoko and Murray will win the whole thing, as Nadal is carrying an injury and Federers stamina is beginning to flag due to his age - and I think both Djokovic or Murray could take advantage of those things. Of course you have to make Djoko a favourite in a semifinal matchup against Murray, but I think addition of Lendl (a man who has been exactly through what Murray is going through) to Murrays coaching team will perhaps give him a way to get that mental strength in crucial GS matches that he's been somewhat lacking up to now.

Do like the Aus Open, as I'm working in the Far East now it's on at a good time for me too. :cool: