Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

That comes across as quite childish. It's like saying if it wasn't for Nadal's forehand he wouldn't be No. 1 imo. Obviously the top 3 are more rounded and proven, hence why they're top 3 and not No. 4 like him. He's still better than the rest of the top 10 and that's completely justified.

It's also not true, as he's competent on the faster surfaces as well

it's also a silly statement for reason 1) hard court tennis is the bread and butter of the season 2) He's just stated Murray consistantly get knocks out in the quarters of Clay Court tournaments, a player who consistatly gets to the quarters of Masters and Slams is not going to "struggle to get into the top 10" They would be in it comfortably.

He's not as good as any of the top 3 but he's the only bloke on the tour who is going to consistantly cause them problems, I really don't think he should be bashed for struggling to keep pace with two players who can lay a serious claim to being the best to pick up a racket ever and the current world no.1 who is not far off from making a case himself.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

He's not as good as any of the top 3 but he's the only bloke on the tour who is going to consistantly cause them problems, I really don't think he should be bashed for struggling to keep pace with two players who can lay a serious claim to being the best to pick up a racket ever and the current world no.1 who is not far off from making a case himself.

Exactly, they are 3 exceptional players. Djok has to keep it up for a while yet but Federer and Nadal are 2 of the best ever. I really don't see how you can take much away from him for that.

That injury to Murray more serious than I thought...he's barely moving in his match right now. God only knows why he's continuing to play - he's hobbling around like a fvcking geriatric. Just hope he can recuperate in time for Wimbledon and the Olympics...

OK - Murray still moving like a 90-year old but is somehow about to go two sets to one up. Honestly...it's unreal. He's made of iron! Can't understand how he's still playing this match, let alone winning it.

Nieminen made far too many unforced errors and looked sloppy and tired himself towards the end.

Nieminen made far too many unforced errors and looked sloppy and tired himself towards the end.

Your in here too early mate he won today, wait till Saturday when he pulls out injured, then you can write us a big report on how he will never be good enough to win a grand slam and his failure to play through a severly injured back proves that. And while your at it why don't take us on a trip down memorey lane and recap the great career of a chocking Serve Volleyer who isn't fit too lace Murrays trainers :rolleyes:

I actually look forward to the olympics, maybe when a few of the anti Murray brigade feel a bit strange wanting him to lose desite it being against the best interest of our Olympic team they might realise how Fking stupid they are.

Djoko in all kinds of trouble right now - two sets down to Andreas Seppi.

To be honest I still expect him to come back and win in 5 here but he's making it tough for himself...

I think he's beat! Seppi has been superb. Always a chance with Djokovic though

Would've been very good! Can still see Federer winning though, maybe Djokovic too

Djokovic looks ropey, and obviously Im not watching Fed ex but Goffin didn't even qualify so he must also be playing wank, good news for Nadal even if they don't both go out today.

Djokovic looks ropey, and obviously Im not watching Fed ex but Goffin didn't even qualify so he must also be playing wank, good news for Nadal even if they don't both go out today.

Goffin looks like he's won a competition from the back of a cereal box to play a match against Federer lol. Fed looks a bit shell shocked atm but I'm sure he's been in worse situations than this. You're right about Nadal

Normal business was eventually resumed, but both Federer and Djokovic were given an almighty scare.

Tsonga - Wawrinka and Del P - Berdych have been cracking to watch too, and neither of those matches were completed - they're both going to finish tomorrow. Good day of tennis.

Edited by leicsmac

Murray holding his back every time he loses a point, jogging around like there is nothing wrong every time he wins one, slightly annoying. Gasquets just out playing hm.

What's new. Doubt there'll be many signs of injury if he takes the lead in this set and goes on to win it.

And before anyone comes in with "you just hate Murray because he's Scottish etc"; I'm all for Murray to do well, I can appreciate he's a very good tennis player, he's just a horrific loser and a whiny bitch. When you're being outclassed, as he was for the majority of the first two sets (and it's not just this match), you should get your head down and try and turn it round, as well as respecting your opponent's game as they're evidently playing well. Very rare Murray ever does that. If he's being outclassed he's rubbing his back, hobbling around, pointing at various body parts as excuses for his opponents good play.

What's new. Doubt there'll be many signs of injury if he takes the lead in this set and goes on to win it.

He didn' really touch it in the third round, and he was clearly in pain in the 2nd I'll give him that. Seems to actually be playing on it during this match. Mind you unsporting as it is it's winding the frogs up so not all bad.

He didn' really touch it in the third round, and he was clearly in pain in the 2nd I'll give him that. Seems to actually be playing on it during this match. Mind you unsporting as it is it's winding the frogs up so not all bad.

I can't stand Murray!

Yeah Gasquet openly tutting and shaking his head at him wasn't very clever, knew he had him a bit pissed off then. Should win from here which is decent, as he was looking a bit lost in the first set but fought through the second and takes a break as i'm typing this. Good stuff.