Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Guest MattP

Seems it was just a freak performance from Rosol very poor first set...

That should have been quite obvious to everyone considering his record on the main tour was 6-18 before that match!

Guest ttfn

This has probably been debated ad nauseam in the past, but what are people's views on equal prize money?

In my view, there is absolutely no good reason why the women should be earning the same as the men at the major tournaments. I'm yet to hear a convincing reason for why they should...

Guest MattP

This has probably been debated ad nauseam in the past, but what are people's views on equal prize money?

In my view, there is absolutely no good reason why the women should be earning the same as the men at the major tournaments. I'm yet to hear a convincing reason for why they should...

Same, never heard an argument for it that isn't based on PC nonsense.

I hope the ATP eventually has the balls to completely break off and form separate tournaments for men and they can raise their own revenues separately, would be everything the greedy women of this sport deserve.

Heard someone on the radio saying that because the women's game has no distinct top players and the competition is really open it's great entrainment and they should get equal prize money for that. IMO thats bullshit, it's variable, you could have a outright top player in a few years, and then what, drop the prize money again because it's boring?

What's with Murray's pockets and the balls coming out? I thought all Scots had deep pockets!

Heard someone on the radio saying that because the women's game has no distinct top players and the competition is really open it's great entrainment and they should get equal prize money for that. IMO thats bullshit, it's variable, you could have a outright top player in a few years, and then what, drop the prize money again because it's boring?

What's with Murray's pockets and the balls coming out? I thought all Scots had deep pockets!

Its not the first time he`s dropped a bollock :whistle:

Decent performance again by Murray - Baghdatis can be a handful on any surface so it was a job well done. Cilic up next - that'll depend a lot on how well he recovers from his marathon match against Querrey.

Tsonga also looking very good - have to expect him to reach the semi-final given the potential opponents he has, but you never know. Not surprised by Rosol's loss...that kind of thing happens often. Actually now that I think about it I would make Kohlschreiber a dark horse for going quite far here...he knows his way around a grass court and if Fish were to beat Tsonga I think Kohli would fancy his chances against Fish in a QF...

Also...is it me or are some of the Wimby crowd utter fvcking morons? Mind you, you get that with all crowds at the Slams - the French probably being the worst in terms of rowdy obnoxiousness. But at least they always get behind French players.... :ph34r:

Edited by leicsmac

Anyone hear the guy who shouted out "Loud Noises"? lol

No I must have missed that.

:D

Decent performance again by Murray - Baghdatis can be a handful on any surface so it was a job well done. Cilic up next - that'll depend a lot on how well he recovers from his marathon match against Querrey.

Tsonga also looking very good - have to expect him to reach the semi-final given the potential opponents he has, but you never know. Not surprised by Rosol's loss...that kind of thing happens often. Actually now that I think about it I would make Kohlschreiber a dark horse for going quite far here...he knows his way around a grass court and if Fish were to beat Tsonga I think Kohli would fancy his chances against Fish in a QF...

Also...is it me or are some of the Wimby crowd utter fvcking morons? Mind you, you get that with all crowds at the Slams - the French probably being the worst in terms of rowdy obnoxiousness. But at least they always get behind French players.... :ph34r:

Not really compared to the rest of the slams we seem the most respectful.

Praying the rain stays away at least for a little while today...otherwise there could be an almighty fixture pileup forthcoming.

The thing about the roof is, while it's a good addition in situations like this it can give players an advantage by giving them guaranteed matches and more rest time...and that can lead to controversy.