Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Guest MattP

I don't think the surface makes much difference thesedays certainly not as much as it used to, so few players serve and volley it might as well be hard court.

Ferrer did win the title in holland on grass, I think murray will have to step up big time to beat him.

The grass at Wimbledon isn't any quicker than a hard court these days.

Same old story here by the look of it.

Murray has a glass ceiling on his grand slam career.

Probably should wait until the match is over before making stupid sweeping statements. At the end of the day he's dropped a set to a very good player ranked just below him in the rankings, he's hardly falling apart, in fact I'd say he's proving everyone who says he doesn't have to mentality to win this kind of match wrong.

• Like 1

Probably should wait until the match is over before making stupid sweeping statements. At the end of the day he's dropped a set to a very good player ranked just below him in the rankings, he's hardly falling apart, in fact I'd say he's proving everyone who says he doesn't have to mentality to win this kind of match wrong.

True Murray is playing an opponent who is in the form of his life and more than matching him at the moment....

Still not convinced and still think 4 lol.

:ph34r:

Just goes to show beating an over the hill Roddick, a player equally as bad as you on grass, and winning a nothing tournement doesn't make you a great grass court player.

Closer than I thought it would be though.

Guest MattP

:ph34r:

Just goes to show beating an over the hill Roddick, a player equally as bad as you on grass, and winning a nothing tournement doesn't make you a great grass court player.

Closer than I thought it would be though.

Bit harsh to say A Rod is poor on grass, he's a three time finalist here and multiple time Queens winner.

He's just past it now, injuries have caught up on him and he's had a long career.

lol One of those days

Fair enough mate, we all have 'em. ;)

For me I'd like to see more high-level British players coming through the system, and a British GS winner would, I think, encourage that by fostering interest. One of the reasons I'd like to see Murray get that first GS.

Guest MattP

For me I'd like to see more high-level British players coming through the system, and a British GS winner would, I think, encourage that by fostering interest. One of the reasons I'd like to see Murray get that first GS.

I agree with this however I quite simply couldn't support him if he played Federer, probably my favourite sportsman of my lifetime.

Yeah I agree with that side of it. I just don't like him and I can't really put my finger on why. When he loses a point and holds on to his back/arm/neck it really winds me up lol I also would love to see Federer win it, just love the way he plays and the gracefulness of it, can't call me a glory supporter seem as I'm on this forum lol

I agree with this however I quite simply couldn't support him if he played Federer, probably my favourite sportsman of my lifetime.

Understandable enough, I don't support Fed, but I do have the utmost respect for his skill - he's the most talented and artisan player on the Tour. It's such a shame with age and the court homogenisation now that Nadal and Djoko can just hit through him. It would be nice to see him win one more GS before spending more time with his family though.

A murray federer final would be great, a britain winning wimbledon or my favourite player winning. Can't see Federer getting past the Djoker though.I don't know, Djokovic seems to be making hard work of his matches lately but manages to pull through. Should be an epic semi final

Bit harsh to say A Rod is poor on grass, he's a three time finalist here and multiple time Queens winner.

He's just past it now, injuries have caught up on him and he's had a long career.

Thats exactly what I said, over the hill, never said he was a poor grass player, Grass is easily his best surface, he's just had it. Beating him now is no massive achievement, especially for the world number 5, regardless of surface.

Yeah I agree with that side of it. I just don't like him and I can't really put my finger on why. When he loses a point and holds on to his back/arm/neck it really winds me up lol I also would love to see Federer win it, just love the way he plays and the gracefulness of it, can't call me a glory supporter seem as I'm on this forum lol

I'm guessing you've hated Murray for a long time and the first time I saw him do that is at the French this year and he has hardly done it at all at Wimbledon so I'm sure thats not the real reason!