Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

I'm guessing you've hated Murray for a long time and the first time I saw him do that is at the French this year and he has hardly done it at all at Wimbledon so I'm sure thats not the real reason!

I've seen him do it before mate, hatred is obviously the wrong word, just a strong dislike lol

I've seen him do it before mate, hatred is obviously the wrong word, just a strong dislike lol

The blokes got like 1 tendon or ligament (can't remember which) in one ankle when he should have 3, as well as a knee cap that is cracked down the middle. By the sounds of it he's plague with injuries. You'd be doing the same if you had his track record of niggles, but he carries on playing. I've seen him holding parts of his body in pain when he's won a point

The blokes got like 1 tendon or ligament (can't remember which) in one ankle when he should have 3, as well as a knee cap that is cracked down the middle. By the sounds of it he's plague with injuries. You'd be doing the same if you had his track record of niggles, but he carries on playing. I've seen him holding parts of his body in pain when he's won a point

Ok well we will have to agree to disagree. One of his matches in the French was an absolute embarrassment and it just shows a lack of respect for your opponent

Ok well we will have to agree to disagree. One of his matches in the French was an absolute embarrassment and it just shows a lack of respect for your opponent

Fair enough - but if the opponent is stupid enough to let his guard down because he 'might' have an injury he deserves everything that's coming to him, quite frankly.

Mind games are an integral part of high-level sport, and everyone uses them...Nadal's timewasting, Djoko's tactical MTO's etc. All about distracting the focus of the opponent and perfectly legitimate as long as no rules are broken. The age of 'taking part that counts' is long over.

Fair enough - but if the opponent is stupid enough to let his guard down because he 'might' have an injury he deserves everything that's coming to him, quite frankly.

Mind games are an integral part of high-level sport, and everyone uses them...Nadal's timewasting, Djoko's tactical MTO's etc. All about distracting the focus of the opponent and perfectly legitimate as long as no rules are broken. The age of 'taking part that counts' is long over.

Yeah to be fair it did work in this particular match, his opponent completely imploded after that. I fully agree that he's a great player but unfortunately for him he's playing in the golden age of tennis where he is going to struggle to win many slams

As I said it comes back to this years French Open which I agree was a little much especially against Ferrer.

That aside, don't think he has really overplayed an injury.

Yeah to be fair it did work in this particular match, his opponent completely imploded after that. I fully agree that he's a great player but unfortunately for him he's playing in the golden age of tennis where he is going to struggle to win many slams

If your talking about his 2nd round match he had a back injury going into it and was clearly in pain, he could barely serve at one point and was losing points left right and centre because he could hardly move, not his fault his opponent lost it. The following games fair enough he might have made a bit of a meal of it when losing points.

Yeah, to have three of the best players of all time playing at the same time as you is a real buzzkill.

Still, if I think he wins one he'll go on a run and get more.

If your talking about his 2nd round match he had a back injury going into it and was clearly in pain, he could barely serve at one point and was losing points left right and centre because he could hardly move, not his fault his opponent lost it. The following games fair enough he might have made a bit of a meal of it when losing points.

Can't remember which match it was but he was fine when he was hitting winners and then as soon as his opponent outplayed him he was straight on to his back and it happened 5 or 6 times before his opponent visibly got pissed off. If it was that bad he shouldn't have played. Oh well, good luck to him anyway, far better than anything else Britain have had for a very long time

No one can deny Murray isn't a great player, he is unfortunate to be up against three of the greatest players of all time who are constantly breaking records. In any other era Murray would have several slams by now.

He won his first masters title early and is now on the top 10 all time list for masters titles (6th), anybody who denies he doesn't have the game to win a slam are just being a hater. 10 GS semi finals, getting to a final three times tells me it is going to happen for him very soon. Even in this great era Murray has what it takes to win multiple slams.

No one can deny Murray isn't a great player, he is unfortunate to be up against three of the greatest players of all time who are constantly breaking records. In any other era Murray would have several slams by now.

He won his first masters title early and is now on the top 10 all time list for masters titles (6th), anybody who denies he doesn't have the game to win a slam are just being a hater. 10 GS semi finals, getting to a final three times tells me it is going to happen for him very soon. Even in this great era Murray has what it takes to win multiple slams.

I agree with pretty much all of this, not sure about the last sentence though. At least he will have a one less player to worry about when Federer retires

Can't remember which match it was but he was fine when he was hitting winners and then as soon as his opponent outplayed him he was straight on to his back and it happened 5 or 6 times before his opponent visibly got pissed off. If it was that bad he shouldn't have played. Oh well, good luck to him anyway, far better than anything else Britain have had for a very long time

The "Implosion" was in the 2nd round where his opponent did literally fall apart from a position where he was basically two sets up, but Murray did clearly have a problem. The game your referring to is the 4th round Gasquet match, no implosion there, slightly ticked off Frenchman perhaps who was well beaten and slightly annoyed about Murrays back holding but it didn't really have a significant impact on the match as Murray controlled it from the second set onwards.

In anycase no one is denying he did it in the French open, the point being made is despite his numerous problems it's not something he has done frequently throughout his career, and it's not something he has done at Wimbledon thus far. Just another band wagon for the anti Murray brigade to jump on.

The "Implosion" was in the 2nd round where his opponent did literally fall apart from a position where he was basically two sets up, but Murray did clearly have a problem. The game your referring to is the 4th round Gasquet match, no implosion there, slightly ticked off Frenchman perhaps who was well beaten and slightly annoyed about Murrays back holding but it didn't really have a significant impact on the match as Murray controlled it from the second set onwards.

In anycase no one is denying he did it in the French open, the point being made is despite his numerous problems it's not something he has done frequently throughout his career, and it's not something he has done at Wimbledon thus far. Just another band wagon for the anti Murray brigade to jump on.

lol ok I'll get back on my "bandwagon of hate"

Guest MattP

Richard Gasquet would implode walking to the shops, guy would be a consistent top 10 player if he had anything between the ears.

Britain is lucky to have Andy Murray.

Agree with that, best backhand I've seen on form, shame he couldn't keep off the coke.