Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Here's to the Swiss genius giving him another tennis lesson - Straight sets hopefully.

Shame on all the English saps suddenly cheering him on because they've decided he's British because he's got a chance.

He considers himself to be (and is) Scottish not British.

Makes me wanna puke.

• Like 2

Here's to the Swiss genius giving him another tennis lesson - Straight sets hopefully.

Shame on all the English saps suddenly cheering him on because they've decided he's British because he's got a chance.

Makes me wanna puke.

If Scotland were facing Switzerland in the World Cup a friendly, I'd want Scotland to win. :dunno:

• Like 1

Makes me wanna puke.

Supported him since he was 16 followed him through the challenger events, he has geniune quality and i don't just support him now because he has made the final.

Djokovic probably would have

Murray is one of the few players with a winning record against Federer, Nadal being one of the others, but there aren't many. Djokovic is 15-12 down against Federer. Murray leads Federer 8-7. In fact if you take out GS Finals, where Murray has been accused of being mentally weak and crumbling in the past it's 8-5. That winning record and the fact I think Murray is mentally stronger these days will see him lifting the trophy Sunday.

Murray is one of the few players with a winning record against Federer, Nadal being one of the others, but there aren't many. Djokovic is 15-12 down against Federer. Murray leads Federer 8-7. In fact if you take out GS Finals, where Murray has been accused of being mentally weak and crumbling in the past it's 8-5. That winning record and the fact I think Murray is mentally stronger these days will see him lifting the trophy Sunday.

I'm sure there are more statistics to suggest that Federer will be the one lifting the trophy

I'm sure there are more statistics to suggest that Federer will be the one lifting the trophy

What? That fact he's won 16? I'm sure a lot of things pointed towards him winning it when Nadal won Wimbledon for the first time. I'm sure a lot of things pointed towards Djokovic winning through today. I'm sure a lot of things pointed towards Djokovic never being a multiple slam winner whilst the sports two greatest players still graced the court. Everything starts somewhere. There's no doubt that despite this final, Federer is aging and his career is on a downward curve, Murray is on an upwards one.

True but Murray is mentally better than ever, he may have lost today, even to Ferrer or Cilic but he remained focused and strong and his ability saw him through. Lendl has definitely got Murray more focused and he goes into this final stronger than ever, he won't be passive like he was when they met before in the final. If he plays aggressive like he did against Djokovic at the Aussie Open Federer will need to be at his supreme best to win the match... could be tight this time.

Edited by shearfox

Federer might be on a downward curve (didn't look that way today) but he's on a downward curve from the very top of the sports history and he should still be good enough to be favourite Sunday. Murray is certainly on the up and has a very good chance and hopefully it's a great final. Nadal vs Federer a few years ago was sensational. It has been a cracking tournament so far

Makes me wanna puke.

He is, and considers himself to be, both. Like the rest of us born in the British isles. And the ITF decided he is British instead of Scottish, hence why he represents GBR in tournaments and the Davis Cup, not a few English "Saps" as you so brilliantly put it.

with the Olympics coming up comments like this are even more laughable than normal, It makes me wonder if Dick heads like yourself are going to crawl out the wood work every time someone who isn't English, or indeed a team that isn't made up entirely of Englishmen/women and talk utter garbage about national identity. I somewhat doubt it.

I find this divide even more amusing with the olympics coming

• Like 1

I get the impression he is just incredibly focused a lot of the time. It'd be nice if he had a bit more charisma but ultimately it makes **** all difference to how successful he is.

I tend to agree he is fully focused during the matches etc but even after winning he seemed a bit dour.

Maybe was't sure what to say or knew getting to the final was only another step to his main goal.

Murray has a winning record against Federer (although only just) but he's been in this situation three times and is yet to win a set in a GS Final. And two of them were against Federer and it was like watching Spain play the Faroe Islands.

I'd love it for him to win, but you'd have to think Fed will take it. Especially after looking so good against Djoko. But maybe, just maybe with his home, yes home crowd behind him Murray will power through.

One thing though Andy, just one thing, if you do lose, don't be a massive fúck off cúnty twat about it. If you lose, you've lost to the best player to ever play the game at his favourite slam in a final that many thought you wouldn't reach. You don't need to blame a mystery injury, or anything else. In fact, just don't lose :D.

Makes me wanna puke.

Oh fuck off you miserable cunt.

• Like 1

Lots of typical crap here.

Murray actually seems to have a decent, dry sense of humour, he's just unfortunately afflicted wih a dreadfully dour and monotonous voice.

He's done great to get through this tough draw, and as a Murray follower from the very start, I'm just hoping he can break that Grand Slam duck which his talent so richly deserves. If he serves like he did 1st 2 sets v Tsonga, he's got a decent chance in the final.