Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

I should imagine Team GB will win team of the year.

Can't think of many other contenders, if we had finished number 1 ranked team in all competitions in cricket, like we were at one point, then the cricket team would have been a good shout.

The only other option is Team Sky, I don't know if they are all British, or even if the team is based in Britain.

Weighing up whether to go. Went last year and saw a totally knackered and half arsed Djokovic get routined by Ferrer and a thrashing in the doubles as well.

Might wait and see how the top guys look physically towards the end of the year before deciding.

Edited by martyn

Got tickets for the night session of the Semi Finals.

Managed to get a Front row seat as well so praying for something like Federer v Murray.

Edited by MattP

No mention of Laura Robson in this thread, you bunch of sexist pigs.

So what do you reckon, does she have potential?

Sexist? Never.

Seriously potential I think, only just turned 18, tits are probably still growing.

Nah, seriously she looks fantastic, for her age she is starting to knock out some very decent players, hopefully she can reach a coupld of slam quarter finals next year, soon as the ranking hits the top 16 you can really develop.

Edited by MattP

Sexist? Never.

Seriously potential I think, only just turned 18, tits are probably still growing.

Nah, seriously she looks fantastic, for her age she is starting to knock out some very decent players, hopefully she can reach a coupld of slam quarter finals next year, soon as the ranking hits the top 16 you can really develop.

I set 'em up, you knock em down, :cheers:

She has just reached the semi in some event in China, knocked out a couple of higher ranked players, but there aren't many big names in there, but it would be a feather in her cap to win that event, highest seed is Marion Bartoli, but she is out, then you have Radwanska is the only one left I've heard of, she is in with a chance of winning it.

I set 'em up, you knock em down, :cheers:

She has just reached the semi in some event in China, knocked out a couple of higher ranked players, but there aren't many big names in there, but it would be a feather in her cap to win that event, highest seed is Marion Bartoli, but she is out, then you have Radwanska is the only one left I've heard of, she is in with a chance of winning it.

Knocked out the Chinese player as well which is always difficult there, she's another one who seems to have come on leaps and bounds since the Olympic medal, mental strength is huge thing in tennis, if her self-belief matches her talent she could be fantastic.

Robson beat Cirstea and reaches her first WTA final in the process.

First Brit girl to reach a WTA final for 22 years, seems to be a year for Brit tennis players to make a bit of history.

:trumpet: :trumpet:

• 1 month later...

Time to resurrect this thread as the season finale is here - the World Tour Finals in London, beginning today.

Top 8 players in the world (sans Nadal who's still broken) are there, and the group format adds a little extra intrigue to the tournament.

Group A has Djokovic, Murray, Berdych and Tsonga. Group B has Federer, Del Potro, Ferrer and Tipsarevic. On paper Group A certainly looks like the toughest group, all with players who can beat each other on a given day - more so than Group B, at least.

Murray plays Berdych first up today at about 2pm...given the layout of his group he really could do with winning that one, as he wouldn't really fancy having to beat Djoko and Tsonga in straight sets to stand a chance of qualifying for the semi-finals. He's got a losing H2H record v Berdych, but two of those losses were on clay so won't really have much bearing here. Murray's first serve needs to be firing, and he'll need all his on-court guile to negate Berdbrains booming serve and groundstrokes...it all comes down to which Murray shows up, really.

Djoko plays Tsonga this evening - this one could be interesting too. Obviously Djoko is the favourite, but if Tsonga turns it on he can make things very difficult for anyone.

Group B play their first matches tomorrow.

Murray started well. But he doesn't have the composure or stamina to keep his game together over five sets. That's why he'll always be vulnerable against the very top players, and with too many of those around right now, he's very unlikely to ever win a major.

But at least his Gazza-style antics after the match will stand him in good stead at the end of the year when sports awards are handed out. Even if Team GB win a shedload of gold medals at the Olympics, too many Brits prefer a "brave loser" to a genuine winner.

Sorry Ultra I'm a few months late but I don't think I've pointed this out yet, another outstanding piece of insight from you, how do you do it?

Sorry Ultra I'm a few months late but I don't think I've pointed this out yet, another outstanding piece of insight from you, how do you do it?

lol lol So many of these knocking about it's incredible.

I'm going to the 2nd semi final on Sunday forward to it, bagged a front row seat as well. Hope it's Federer.

You've been quite kind to him to be honest, the whole piece was full of nonsense.

snapback.pngaccessory, on 08 July 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

Murray started well. But he doesn't have the composure or stamina to keep his game together over five sets. That's why he'll always be vulnerable against the very top players, and with too many of those around right now, he's very unlikely to ever win a major.

But at least his Gazza-style antics after the match will stand him in good stead at the end of the year when sports awards are handed out. Even if Team GB win a shedload of gold medals at the Olympics, too many Brits prefer a "brave loser" to a genuine winner.

SPOTY Odds.

Bradley Wiggins – Odds: 6/5

Andy Murray – Odds: 5/2

Mo Farah – Odds: 5/2

Jessica Ennis – Odds: 10-1

Edited by MattP